• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 28, 2016 (Jul 11 - Jul 17)

casiopao

They proposed kinda different things... condoms with holes!

http://latest.com/2014/07/politician-proposes-condoms-with-secret-holes-in-them-to-raise-birthrate/

But yeah, Yo-Kai lived thanks to kids, something that Pokémon needs but not entirely.

The hell, i mean. Why do you even need Condom then.O_O

I don't think anyone expected it to do well lol.

I believe Marvelous at least believe(delusion) that it will not do as bad this for sure lol. I mean that delaying move should mean something right.^_^

Aters

OK this is fucking awkward.

So a character in Black Rose Valkyrie is voiced by a famous coser (the one that got married to the character designer 30 plus years older than her). She's voice acting is so freaking bad that Compile Heart recently released a patch to mute her character. The Fami review noted that "the voice acting of a certain character leaves much to be desired". You don't often read things like this in Fami reviews.

I just listened to it and damn it is really bad.

edit: adding the function to mute certain character is not the only purpose of the patch, but still, I don't remember such option in any videogame I've played, except visual novels of course.

casiopao

So a character in Black Rose Valkyrie is voiced by a famous coser (the one that got married to the character designer 30 plus years older than her). She's voice acting is so freaking bad that Compile Heart recently released a patch to mute her character. The Fami review noted that "the voice acting of a certain character leaves much to be desired". You don't often read things like this in Fami reviews.

Lol. This is going to 2ch new Zestria drama again huh.^^

hiska-kun

Grapf Time

Minecraft
minecraft_zps4tgdckev.jpg

Overwatch legs > The Witcher 3 legs
overwatch_zpszhvijogz.jpg

Kirby (looking worse everyday)
kirby_zpsebgyk06s.jpg

Taiko (here two)
taiko_zps8zxpvvz6.jpg

Yo-kai Watch (the fun will begin next week)
Yokai_zpsidctrnyy.jpg

Just for fun, New IP
NewIP_zps7f1fohgf.jpg

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Since last week Famitsu posted PS digital sales, I thought this week's issue would have featured the monthly top 30 retail + digital chart. Is that the case?

Sandfox

edit: adding the function to mute certain character is not the only purpose of the patch, but still, I don't remember such option in any videogame I've played, except visual novels of course.
I kinda want to hear it now lol.

casiopao

I mean, her husband is the character designer of that game, sounds suspicious. Though this game is so niche even in Japan, so I don't think it's going to be Zestria level of shitstorm.

Yep.

Lol. Shotgun wedding and this VA quality? While maybe it won't blast out like Zestria, i do feel this one is going to be one thing the fan will be keep mentioning over the month lol.^_^

mao2

I believe Marvelous at least believe(delusion) that it will not do as bad this for sure lol. I mean that delaying move should mean something right.^_^
Marvelous knew about the pre-order numbers so it's more likely they didn't have high expectations. If they were delusional and thought that it would sell well, they wouldn't have delayed the game or put in extra effort to promote it.

L~A

(Thanks for the graphs, hiska-kun!)

Looks like Pokémon GO is already doing wonders in the UK. It's boosting sales of Pokémon games on 3DS:

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire – 148%
Pokémon Omega Ruby – 148%
Pokémon X – 238%
Pokémon Y – 188%
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon – 65%
Five games above – 148%
All Pokémon games – 145%

Also boosting sales of apparel, pre-orders, etc. It's not an insane increase like Yo-kai Watch stuff when the anime started airing, but it is quite noticeable.

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/reta...hristmas-following-pok-mon-go-success/0170027

I wonder what kind of impact it will have in Japan. Pokémon OR/AS already saw a big increase this week.

You mean Nekomu Otogi?

So I guess it's Luna Ichinomiya she's voicing.

Ryng_tolu

Banned

Looks like Pokémon GO is already doing wonders in the UK. It's boosting sales of Pokémon games on 3DS:

Pokémon X – 238%
Pokémon Y – 188%
Five games above – 148%
All Pokémon games – 145%

Also boosting sales of apparel, pre-orders, etc. It's not an insane increase like Yo-kai Watch stuff when the anime started airing, but it is quite noticeable.

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/reta...hristmas-following-pok-mon-go-success/0170027

I wonder what kind of impact it will have in Japan. Pokémon OR/AS already saw a big increase this week.

You forget to say that even 3DS hardware sales are more than doubled.

Funny thread lol. You'll get through it, Sammy.

Well, what's with all the disappointment at least.
It may have to do with the reason for the delay. They said they wanted pre orders to improve. So now the game is getting it because the delay basically didn't do anything.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Pokémon X – 238%
Pokémon Y – 188%
Five games above – 148%
All Pokémon games – 145%

You mean Nekomu Otogi?

So I guess it's Luna Ichinomiya she's voicing.

IIRC, ORAS were part of the Prime Day deal. I suppose the others weren't though. And I'm legit surprised 3DS hardware more than doubled week-over-week (even if it has to be partially due to MHG's bundle). It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next week(s) in UK (and other markets).

I do have to wonder how they make money on those Evo kiseki games. The amount of voice work to fully voice these huge dialogue games can't be cheap.

Well, they've made 5 of them, so they must be running a pretty bad business model if none of them made money lol.

(I do wonder myself regarding the TiTs games since they seemed to sell significantly less than Zero/Ao)

horuhe

This week Y's VIII is released and there was some buzz around it. At Sofmap Akiba, they were promoting three Falcom games. The next Tokyo Xanadu, Legend of Heroes (released last week) and Y's. There were lots of people.

TSUTAYA is having a 1,000yen discount with the purchase of PS4 or PSVita and a new software.

Software for 3DS is getting some push, especially reservations. Etrian Odyssey V is having presence on stores. Pokémon is quite huge, also and the Splatoon Water Gun was also very popular. Yo-Kai Watch 3 seems totally available.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Yo-Kai Watch 3 seems totally available.

The blog hinted at 1m initial shipment and Famitsu has it at 40-60% sellthrough, of course it will be totally available.

I'm more interested at how available Splatoon bundle is and if there will be constant restocks when current shipment runs out, so that supply problems are finally done. There isn't gonna be any explosion at sales but baseline will rise a bit.

The blog hinted at 1m initial shipment and Famitsu has it at 40-60% sellthrough, of course it will be totally available.

I'm more interested at how available Splatoon bundle is and if there will be constant restocks when current shipment runs out, so that supply problems are finally done. There isn't gonna be any explosion at sales but baseline will rise a bit.

Well, so Level-5 did expect the sales to be lower. That's good for them. :9

Pokémon X – 238%
Pokémon Y – 188%
Five games above – 148%
All Pokémon games – 145%

If Go is able to make XY reach 15 million worldwide that'd be amazing. I wonder if Sun and Moon will be able to reach 14 million, Go could help it a lot, but I feel like NX could hurt it.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
If Go is able to make XY reach 15 million worldwide that'd be amazing.

What!?

It sold 14.7 million by end of March 2016 and it sold 240,000 the first quarter of the year lol.

It may be already at 15 million for what we know, even withouth GO it will easy break +16 million LT.

What!?

It sold 14.7 million by end of March 2016 and it sold 240,000 the first quarter of the year lol.

It may be already at 15 million for what we know, even withouth GO it will easy break +16 million LT.

Huh, I was under the impression that the sales stalled pretty bad in 2015 but got a big boost this last quarter. Looked though it now and I guess I was wrong. Well it'll be interesting to see if XY can beat Black and White and if ORAS can beat HGSS.
Still worried about Sun and Moon's final total.

hiska-kun

Splatoon Bundle is fully available.

http://www.yodobashi.com/任&#...-Wii-U本体/pd/100000001003156627/

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Well it'll be interesting to see if XY can beat Black and White and if ORAS can beat HGSS.

Pokémon Gen 5 = 15.60 million
Pokémon Gen 6 = 14.70 million (as for March 2016)

900k to go, it will easy beat it.

Pokémon Gen 2 remake = 12.72 million
Pokémon Gen 3 remake = 11.84 million (as for March 2016)

880k to go, even here, ORAS will withouth doubt outsell HGSS.

You should not. ;)

horuhe

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking (2016.07.21)

01./02. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi <RPG> (Level 5)
02./01. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Tempura <RPG> (Level 5)
03./03. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura Set <RPG> (Level 5)
04./00. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Mura o Tsukurundesu <ETC> (Nippon Columbia)
05./00. [PSV] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana <RPG> (Nihon Falcom)
06./04. [3DS] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns <SLG> (Marvelous)
07./00. [PSV] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Limited Premium Box) <RPG> (Nihon Falcom)
08./06. [WiiU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios)
09./00. [PS3] Gendai Daisenryaku 2016: Chitsujo no Houkai - Haken Kokka Shittsui <SLG> (SystemSoft Alpha)
10./12. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan)
11./10. [3DS] Culdcept Revolt <TBL> (Nintendo)
12./00. [PSV] 7'scarlet <ADV> (Idea Factory)
13./11. [PSV] Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software)
14./09. [WiiU] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo)
15./15. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
16./00. [PSV] New Interpretation Stranger of Sword City <RPG> (Experience)
17./18. [WiiU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo)
18./00. [PSV] Gendai Daisenryaku 2016: Chitsujo no Houkai - Haken Kokka Shittsui <SLG> (SystemSoft Alpha)
19./21. [3DS] Pokémon Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
20./08. [WiiU] Splatoon # <ACT> (Nintendo)

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking (2016.07.21)

01./02. [PS4] Idolm@ster Platinum Stars (Platinum Box) <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games)
02./00. [3DS] Pokémon Sun / Moon (Double Pack) <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
03./05. [3DS] Pokémon Sun / Moon Set <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
04./01. [PS4] Gravity Rush 2 (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
05./07. [3DS] Pokémon Moon <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
06./04. [3DS] Pokémon Sun <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
07./06. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV <RPG> (Square Enix)
08./00. [PS4] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games)
09./10. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: Dragon Chapter <RPG> (GungHo Online)
10./14. [PS4] Toukiden 2 <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)

* Note: Games on the Rakuten Books Rankings are only based on sales at Rakuten Books and does not count games sold by other retailers at Rakuten.
** Note 2: Games on the Pre-Orders Ranking are counted as net sales, so it might possibly affect the games listed on the Sales Ranking.

casiopao

Pokemon GO finally available in Japan.

Next week all console only sold around 100 as no one plays traditional game tx to Poke Go.

All mobile games is not played in Japan as everyone and their mother is running around trying to catch Pikachu.^_^

Pokemon GO. Gotta ruin all!!!

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
01./00. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura <RPG> (Level 5) {2016.07.16} (¥4.800) - 632.135 / NEW <63,07%>
___

21./13. [PS4] Tales of Zestiria <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.07.07} (¥3.800)
22./17. [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice # <ADV> (Capcom) {2016.06.09} (¥5.800)
23./20. [WIU] Super Mario Maker # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.09.10} (¥5.700)
24./26. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.03.17} (¥2.700)
25./27. [PS4] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 <SPT> (Konami) {2016.04.28} (¥7.980)
26./28. [PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 <SPT> (Konami) {2016.04.28} (¥6.980)
27./23. [PSV] Caligula <RPG> (FuRyu) {2016.06.23} (¥6.980)
28./30. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 # <RCE> (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥5.700)
29./25. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and Prophecy's End <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.05.27} (¥7.800)
30./36. [3DS] Monster Hunter Generations # <ACT> (Capcom) {2015.11.28} (¥5.800)
31./24. [3DS] Yo-Kai Sangokushi <SLG> (Level 5) {2016.04.02} (¥4.600)
32./29. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and Prophecy's End <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.05.27} (¥6.800)
33./31. [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.12.03} (¥2.400)
34./32. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.571)
35./34. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} (¥7.200)
36./12. [PSV] Shin Hayarigami 2 <ADV> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2016.07.07} (¥5.800)
37./43. [PS4] UEFA EURO 2016: Winning Eleven 2016 <SPT> (Konami) {2016.04.21} (¥3.800)
38./35. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.03.24} (¥5.250)
39./00. [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy <Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney \ Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All \ Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations> [Best Price!] <ADV> (Capcom) {2015.04.02} (¥2.990)
40./47. [3DS] Terraria <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2016.04.21} (¥3.800)
41./50. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2015.12.10} (¥8.400)
42./42. [PS4] The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series <ADV> (Square Enix) {2016.06.23} (¥2.800)
43./00. [3DS] Disney Art Academy <HOB> (Nintendo) {2016.04.07} (¥3.700)
44./33. [PSV] Zero Time Dilemma <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2016.06.30} (¥5.800)
45./00. [PS4] Dark Souls III <RPG> (From Software) {2016.03.24} (¥7.430)
46./00. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.08.07} (¥5.690)
47./45. [PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops III # <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.11.06} (¥7.900)
48./37. [PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's End # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2016.05.10} (¥7.900)
49./21. [PS4] Shin Hayarigami 2 <ADV> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2016.07.07} (¥6.800)
50./46. [3DS] Tomodachi Life [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.03.17} (¥2.700)

Top 50

3DS - 18
PS4 - 14
PSV - 9
WIU - 6
PS3 - 3

SOFTWARE
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+
|System |  This Week |  Last Week |  Last Year |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+
|  ALL  |    861.000 |    289.000 |    594.000 | 14.950.000 | 17.912.000 |