• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 32, 2016 (Aug 08 - Aug 14)

Vena

that same source mentions the Neo as well.
the last post talks about the Neo being 3cm thicker and having some production problems with the base(?)

Yes, there was mention of it in the original thread on the 3cm size increase but I had read nothing on production issues. That said, I cannot read Chinese, lol.

wilflare

Yes, there was mention of it in the original thread on the 3cm size increase but I had read nothing on production issues. That said, I cannot read Chinese, lol.

很多重工的机子是垫脚脱落,60%扔到重工的都是这个脱掉了
- this part. it mentions that 60% are sent back for rework as the base stands fell off

Vena

很多重工的机子是垫脚脱落,60%扔到重工的都是这个脱掉了
- this part. it mentions that 60% are sent back for rework as the base stands fell off

Ahh cool, thanks for the info.

Makes me think of the Monty Python skit, for some reason. Front fell off.

Ōkami;214477023 said:
As far as big Vita games for the rest of the year theres World of Final Fantasy and the new Sword Art Online both coming out on the same day (Oct 27) and both are also on PS4.

Then there's SD Gundam G Generation Genesis and the new Samurai Warriors both on November, also both on PS4.

As for games without release dates there's Danganrompa 3 (also on PS4) and the new SaGa game that we haven't heard from for about a year and we don't know much about besides the name, it's also the last *big* Vita exclusive (maybe) announced.

Oh yeah, I forgot about DanganRonpa 3. That should clear 100k on Vita easily, though how much bigger than that it'll be I have no idea (1-2 Reload sold 150k so it should at least be bigger than that, PS4 SKU will hold it back though).

New Samurai Warriors won't be big.

sense

Instead of psp3, What are the odds of there being a new vita revision that removes the front touch and back touch and adds triggers and sells for like 150$ or less.

I mean I still don't think Sony will abandon the handheld market altogether so a new handheld is possible as well as far as I am concerned but chances are low.

Sandfox

Instead of psp3, What are the odds of there being a new vita revision that removes the front touch and back touch and adds triggers and sell it for like 150$ or less.

I mean I still don't think Sony will abandon the handheld market altogether so a new handheld is possible as well as far as I am concerned but chances are low.

Wouldn't that hurt compatibility with older games pretty bad?

Vena

Instead of psp3, What are the odds of there being a new vita revision that removes the front touch and back touch and adds triggers and sells for like 150$ or less.

Seems plausible. But it doesn't seem like it would serve much purpose, the Vita is already heavily discounted and the new buttons wouldn't add that much, would they? And you lose old compatibility.

DieH@rd

Banned
If they are making new vita, they NEED to support MicroSD. That alone will sell it to many.

If they can make it bigger [larger screen & battery] and with faster WiFi and full compliment of DS4 buttons, that would make me buy one. If nothing else, for home Remote Play.

sense

Is anyone really going to care that much if some games don't end up working lol? Sony could maybe work with devs to patch up some popular games and put in fine print that some touch focused games may not work.

Personally I would like a vita with triggers plus I might actually start using remote play more often as well.

Here's a preview of the road to TGS:

QcRn5ws.jpg

Honestly thought TGS has been good for the last couple of years.

Honestly thought TGS has been good for the last couple of years.

I don't know about the event itself but Sony pre TGS conference last year was the best they have ever done. Great stuff and absolute killer pacing. The only wart I can remember is letting Capcpom on stage to reveal Umbrella Corp.

Ōkami

1. [PS4] Tales of Berseria - 371
  2. [PS3] Tales of Berseria - 237
  3. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi - 61
  4. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Tempura - 54
  5. [3DS] Dragon Ball: Fusions - 53
  6. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: Dragon Chapter - 25
  7. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition - 24
  8. [3DS] Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - 20
  9. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: God Chapter - 19
  10. [3DS] Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth - 17
  11. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - 17
  12. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot - 16
  13. [PS4] Toukiden 2 - 15
  14. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Mura o Tsukurundesu - 15
  15. [3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Don Don! Mystery Adventure - 15
  16. [PSV] Toukiden 2 - 14
  17. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby - 12
  18. [WIU] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - 11
  19. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 11
  20. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and Prophecy's End - 11

Preorders
[3DS] Pokémon Sun / Moon - 678
[PS4] Final Fantasy XV - 227
[PS4] Persona 5 - 168
[PS3] Persona 5 - 52
[PS4] Yakuza 6 - 24
[3DS] Monster Hunter Stories - 24

KOF XIV and Battlefield 1 are in the preorder list now too, right at the bottom.

Wouldn't that hurt compatibility with older games pretty bad?

just take out the retrotouch, you can use the other 2 (new) shoulder buttons for that (as you can do with a DS3 on PSTV)

compatibility saved
(for those 4-5 titles which use the retrotouch)

salromano

If it weren't for CyGames (historically a browser game mobile company), this would probably the worst start for Road To TGS ever given I'm covering 3-4 weeks worth of content here. Level-5 is the only other company putting in some work, but many of their games were either already announced ages ago, looked like they had made zero progress since they were last shown, or had absolutely zero game content shown at all. Lady Layton and the Yo-Kai Watch mobile games are the primary exceptions. That said, both Sony's TGS timeframe event and the NX unveil are supposedly right around the corner, so this could turn around very significantly.\

It should get better this week. Gust is announcing two games. Last week's Famitsu said this week's would have a bunch of scoops, which I'm guessing are pre-TGS reveals. And if previous years are to go by, we should at least be getting Bandai Namco's TGS lineup and a date for SIEJA Press Conference 2016.

horuhe

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking Week 33, 2016 (Aug 15 - Aug 21)

01./00. [PS4] Tales of Berseria <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
02./00. [PS3] Tales of Berseria <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
03./01. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi <RPG> (Level 5)
04./02. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Tempura <RPG> (Level 5)
05./03. [3DS] Dragon Ball: Fusions <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
06./05. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot <ACT> (Nintendo)
07./04. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura Set <RPG> (Level 5)
08./00. [PSV] Collar x Malice <ADV> (Idea Factory)
09./11. [WiiU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios)
10./07. [3DS] Pokémon Omega Ruby <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
11./10. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo)
12./19. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: Dragon Chapter <RPG> (GungHo Online)
13./16. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
14./27. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: God Chapter <RPG> (GungHo Online)
15./09. [3DS] Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth <RPG> (Atlus)
16./08. [3DS] Pokémon Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
17./14. [WiiU] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo)
18./12. [PSV] Toukiden 2 <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
19./06. [PS4] Ratchet & Clank <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
20./15. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Mura o Tsukurundesu <ETC> (Nippon Columbia)
21./23. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo)
22./00. [PSV] Collar x Malice (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Idea Factory)
23./17. [WiiU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo)
24./20. [3DS] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns <SLG> (Marvelous)
25./22. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan)
26./18. [PS4] Toukiden 2 <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
27./24. [3DS] Taiko Drum Master: Doko Don! Mystery Adventure <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
28./21. [PS4] Overwatch <ACT> (Square Enix)
29./25. [PSV] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana <RPG> (Nihon Falcom)
30./28. [WiiU] Mario Kart 8 <RCE> (Nintendo)

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking Week 33, 2016 (Aug 15 - Aug 21)

01./08. [PS4] Persona 5 <RPG> (Atlus)
02./06. [PS4] Persona 5 (20th Anniversary Edition) <RPG> (Atlus)
03./03. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV <RPG> (Square Enix)
04./12. [PS4] The King of Fighters XIV (Limited Edition) <FTG> (SNK Playmore)
05./04. [3DS] Pokémon Sun / Moon Set <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
06./29. [PS3] Persona 5 <RPG> (Atlus)
07./11. [3DS] Pokémon Sun <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
08./15. [PS3] Persona 5 (20th Anniversary Edition) <RPG> (Atlus)
09./07. [PS4] Yakuza 6: Poetry of Life <ACT> (Sega)
10./00. [PS4] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (GOTY Edition) <RPG> (Spike Chunsoft)
11./06. [3DS] Pokémon Moon <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
12./24. [PS3] Sengoku Basara: Sanada Yukimura-Den <ACT> (Capcom)
13./21. [PS4] World of Final Fantasy (Limited Edition) <RPG> (Square Enix)
14./34. [PS4] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X HD <ACT> (Sega)
15./35. [PS4] Sengoku Basara: Sanada Yukimura-Den <ACT> (Capcom)
16./25. [PS4] FIFA 17 <SPT> (Electronic Arts)
17./20. [PSV] World of Final Fantasy (Limited Edition) <RPG> (Square Enix)
18./16. [PSV] Fate/Extella (Regalia Box) <ACT> (Marvelous)
19./43. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2017 <SPT> (Konami)
20./10. [PS4] Fate/Extella (Regalia Box) <ACT> (Marvelous)

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking Week 32, 2016 (Aug 08 - Aug 14)

* Note: Games on the Rakuten Books Rankings are only based on sales at Rakuten Books and does not count games sold by other retailers at Rakuten.
** Note 2: Games on the Pre-Orders Ranking are counted as net sales, so it might possibly affect the games listed on the Sales Ranking.

horuhe

This weekend at Sofmap Akiba, there were an event related to PlayStation VR. Not too many interest on it, though.

Persona 5 is not only tracking well on COMG! Other stores had strong reservations. It seems the FFXV delay benefited the game in an incredible way.

Monster Hunter Stories received its own space at Santy Shop, even though there is plenty of time to release. Let's see how many days can last there, lol.

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 33 2016

01./00. [PS4] Tales of Berseria <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
02./00. [PS3] Tales of Berseria <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)

03./01. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi <RPG> (Level 5)
04./02. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Tempura <RPG> (Level 5)
05./03. [3DS] Dragon Ball: Fusions <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
06./05. [PSV] Toukiden 2 <&#65362;(Koei Tecmo)
07./04. [3DS] Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth <RPG> (Atlus)
08./02. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot <ACT> (Nintendo)
09./09. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: Dragon Chapter <RPG> (GungHo Online)
10./07. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: God Chapter <RPG> (GungHo Online)
11./12. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios)
12./08. [PS4] Toukiden 2 <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)
13./14. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo)
14./13. [WIU] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo)
15./16. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
16./00. [PSV] Collar x Malice <ADV> (Idea Factory)
17./17. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Mura o Tsukurundesu <ETC> (Nippon Columbia)
18./19. [3DS] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns <SLG> (Marvelous)
19./11. [PS4] Ratchet & Clank <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
20./20. [PS4] Overwatch <ACT> (Square Enix)

Ahead of the September news conference, Sony has cut production of PlayStation 4 to adjust inventory, people familiar with the matter said. Several major e-commerce websites in Japan, including Sony’s own e-commerce site, said the PlayStation 4 was out of stock.

PlayStation 4 sales have been weaker in Japan than in the U.S. Data from videogame magazine publisher Famitsu showed sales of the console in Japan have been declining slightly in recent weeks. Nevertheless, stocks of the device are likely to run out as the company limits production.

“The white model was gone two weeks ago and we just sold our last black model in stock,” said the chief of the videogame floor at a major electronics store in Tokyo. “Our central purchasing department warned us we wouldn’t get any for now because the item is simply not in distribution channels.”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/sony-to-sell-updated-model-of-standard-playstation-4-1471833069

Haha, came to post this. The reports seen here some days ago about reducing the stock of PS4 in japanese stores were indeed on point, good job to the Media Create reporters crew right here ^^

Persona 5 is not only tracking well on COMG! Other stores had strong reservations. It seems the FFXV delay benefited the game in an incredible way.

Persona 5 took the top spot on amazon.jp some days ago, as soon as Tales of Berseria was going down (way more quickly than I thought to be honest)

mao2

Nyoro SF

This has nothing to do with Ys VIII's sales. Falcom have been releasing "free" versions of their titles for some time now. They're basically just demos.
http://www.falcom.co.jp/download/f_game/index.html

You're going to have to remind me the last time Falcom gave away half of their game as a demo.

The most recent thing I can think of was the EVO Kiseki, being able to play part of the 1st chapter for free, but that's usually less than 5% of the full game.

I enjoy seeing radical sale schemes from Japanese companies like ASW basically giving away Xrd:R for free minus online play around 2 months before release if you preordered the game though.

duckroll

You're going to have to remind me the last time Falcom gave away half of their game as a demo.

The most recent thing I can think of was the EVO Kiseki, being able to play part of the 1st chapter for free, but that's usually less than 5% of the full game.

I enjoy seeing radical sale schemes from Japanese companies like ASW basically giving away Xrd:R for free minus online play around 2 months before release if you preordered the game though.

There is no "first half of the game" here. This is a Ys8 demo. It allows you to play from the prologue to the middle of chapter 2. The game has 6 chapters, and an epilogue as well. :p

This is what happens when people who can't read Japanese post news.

casiopao

I wonder if Metroid Federation Force will even chart next week lol

Well, considering how Japan don't give a crap about Metroid......it is going to be brutal lol.

At least, Nintendo can hoped that the Blast Ball demo will be able to attracted some eyes to the product.^_^ I had been playing it online on my JP 3ds, and it seems the game online community is quite alive. So there is some positive lol.

casiopao

Yeah the slim is all but confirmed right now and it's coming out very soon so September 14th is rumor is probably true.

A bit confused here. Why are they releasing a slim model when Neo is coming? It is like 3DS releasing XL and then in span of a few month, they are releasing N3ds. It is even more baffling move for me here.

Sandfox

A bit confused here. Why are they releasing a slim model when Neo is coming? It is like 3DS releasing XL and then in span of a few month, they are releasing N3ds. It is even more baffling move for me here.

I can see the benefit in having a cheap model and an enthusiast model before the holidays.

Well the so called "slim" model is simply replacing the old one. It will be cheaper for the consumer and, by the looks of it, even more profitable for Sony. And when the NEO comes, you have the choice between the cheap model and the high end model. Honestly I don't see anything confusing with that strategy, though it might become more clear for everyone after the PlayStation Meeting ^^

lherre

Accurate

Basically this

Well the so called "slim" model is simply replacing the old one. It will be cheaper for the consumer and, by the looks of it, even more profitable for Sony. And when the NEO comes, you have the choice between the cheap model and the high end model. Honestly I don't see anything confusing with that strategy, though it might become more clear for everyone after the PlayStation Meeting ^^

Not all the people needs/wants the updated (and expensive) Neo model.

Think about N3ds and regular 3ds.

casiopao

I can see the benefit in having a cheap model and an enthusiast model before the holidays.

Hmmm. I am not totally sold here. People would always want to buy the better product for sure even if it is more expensive. No one would want to get an inferior product. They would just wait a little bit more for the money to be enough to get Neo rather than get the Slim one.

As we had seen how 2DS underperform vs 3DS in the west or N3DS/XL doing much better vs the older system even when the older system is much cheaper.

But, lets see here whether this move of Sony is going work or not. I kinda feels it is not going to do that well here.

Sandfox

Hmmm. I am not totally sold here. People would always want to buy the better product for sure even if it is more expensive. No one would want to get an inferior product. They would just wait a little bit more for the money to be enough to get Neo rather than get the Slim one.

As we had seen how 2DS underperform vs 3DS in the west or N3DS/XL doing much better vs the older system even when the older system is much cheaper.

But, lets see here whether this move of Sony is going work or not. I kinda feels it is not going to do that well here.
I think that really depends on the prices.

Top Bottom