• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2016 (Sep 26 - Oct 02)

casiopao

Well, at least GamesMaya said that since the Anime started (last week), pre-orders of MHS sudden rised.
She had to order a new shipment to supply all pre-orders.

**Sammy summoned

Sammy is rejoicing lol.

Also, a bit sad that we are unable to ask the GamesMaya guys there.

I am interested on the pre-order front there lol. Is it kids of adult/teen who is usually MH fans who comes to pre-order the game after trying the demo here.^_^ As i don't think the kids is going to be very well informed with demo right?

Mory Dunz

PS4 version has sold more digitally than in retail though.

Also am I just imagining or have we stopped getting famitsu digital estimates for games?

I figured the wii u one had sold more digitally than retail as well?
It's their highest selling digital game irrc. Higher than splatoon

horuhe

This week's releases

{2016.10.06}

[PS4] [PS3] BlazBlue: Central Fiction # <FTG> (Arc System Works) (¥6.800)
sA2pJhD.jpg

K7cWXLO.jpg

{2016.10.08}

[3DS] Monster Hunter Stories # <RPG> (Capcom) (¥5.800)

horuhe

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking (2016.10.06)

01./00. [PS4] BlazBlue: Central Fiction <FTG> (Arc System Works)
02./03. [PS4] FIFA 17 <SPT> (Electronic Arts)
03./00. [PS4] BlazBlue: Central Fiction (Limited Box) <FTG> (Arc System Works)
04./00. [PS3] BlazBlue: Central Fiction <FTG> (Arc System Works)
05./00. [PSV] Norn + Nonette: Act Tune <ADV> (Idea Factory)
06./02. [WiiU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios)
07./01. [PS4] Persona 5 <RPG> (Atlus)
08./00. [PS3] BlazBlue: Central Fiction (Limited Box) <FTG> (Arc System Works)
09./05. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi <RPG> (Level 5)
10./04. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Tempura <RPG> (Level 5)

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking (2016.10.06)

01./01. [PSV] New Danganronpa V3: Everyone&#8217;s New Semester of Killing (Limited Box) <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft)
02./02. [PS4] New Danganronpa V3: Everyone&#8217;s New Semester of Killing (Limited Box) <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft)
03./00. [PS4] Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (Super Limited Deluxe Pack) <ACT> (Marvelous)
04./04. [3DS] Pokémon Sun / Moon (Double Pack) <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
05./03. [3DS] Monster Hunter: Stories <RPG> (Capcom)

Aters

That's after the third week. Most series with big weeks drop to four digits at that point in time.

Consistent 10-25k weeks led Splatoon to sell over 1.5 million.

Not many series open at 300k drop to four digits in the third week, and consistent 10-25k weeks don't exist for console JRPGs.

That's after the third week. Most series with big weeks drop to four digits at that point in time.

Where did all this Persona 5 have legs talk come from? Its second and third week are performing like a regular JRPG. You don't even have to look far to find a comparison.

Tales of Berseria PS4
2nd week: -86%
3rd week: -52%

Persona 5 PS4
2nd week: -83%
3rd week: -50%

and lmfao at thinking Splatoon legs are remotely possible

for the record, Splatoon first 3 weeks:

01./00. [WIU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥6.156) - 144.818 / NEW <97,33%> [Units Shipped => 148.791]
01./01. [WIU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥6.156) - 68.913 / 213.731 (-52%)
03./01. [WIU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥6.156) - 53.198 / 266.929 (-23%)

Takao

Banned
There were definitely people who forwarded the position though.

That's where my sentiment comes from. I just hoped for a PSVR version of the "Is there any reason Wii U won't dominate Japan?" thread.

The last successful Sony peripheral platform in Japan was what? PocketStation back in the late 90s? lol

Oregano

That's where my sentiment comes from. I just hoped for a PSVR version of the "Is there any reason Wii U won't dominate Japan?" thread.

The last successful Sony peripheral platform in Japan was what? PocketStation back in the late 90s? lol

What about that remote play peripheral for PS4? That seemed to do well... it was weird they released it two years before the system though.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

Misinformation is like a contest in these threads but really now, most series with big weeks drop to four digits from third week?

We don't really know how much Wii U digital sold, it was originally released as digital only last December I believe

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1177707
I figured the wii u one had sold more digitally than retail as well?
It's their highest selling digital game irrc. Higher than splatoon

Oh yes. Maybe even with digital WiiU version has sold more. Just wanted to point out that at leats on PS4 if I remember right digitally Minecraft is somewhere around 200k so even if retail WiiU Minecraft has passed retail PS4 Minecraft maybe with digital PS4 version is still ahead. Of course it's only matter of time before WiiU version overtakes PS4 version even factoring that.

If I remember right Torne did well for what it was.

I'm hoping Monster Hunter Stories does well, I want it localized in the West as I'm interested in getting it as a newcomer to the franchise.

Ōkami

Monster Hunter Stories ends its comgnet run with 103 points.

Legs should be interesting to see, but it should be the best selling game of October, Battlefield and Sword Art Online are the strongest competition.

Also, reservations of RESIDENT EVII. ought to start soon.

zeromcd73

I wonder if the success of Digimon Story CS in the West will lead to more digimon games being developed.
Seems like an unusually high amount of effort for a simple port of a vita game. Wonder what the chances are of bamco still making games for the adult market, and not for kids (Applimon).

horuhe

I'm hoping Monster Hunter Stories does well, I want it localized in the West as I'm interested in getting it as a newcomer to the franchise.

Don't think so. In my opinion, we won't need too much time to see the game being discounted.

&#332;kami;219435164 said:
Also, reservations of RESIDENT EVII. ought to start soon.

Reservations started three weeks ago, unless you are talking about COMG!

WoFF getting some marketing at Shibuya Station

Interesting. Hope to have some pics of it. Marketing should increase, Square...

L~A

Leg-o-meter - September 2016

So... the King Squid has fallen. GTA V just keeps on climbing like there's no tomorrow. But other than that, it remains a Nintendo-dominated Top. A few 3DS titles are catching up, and then things should remain the same until the end of the year.

Only game that could theoretically climb up high enough would be MHS, if it remains in the Top 20 until the end of the year. Other major games come out too late in the year.

horuhe

Only game that could theoretically climb up high enough would be MHS, if it remains in the Top 20 until the end of the year. Other major games come out too late in the year.

Kirby should pass Mario Maker, I think. Good for the pink ball, though.

Btw, did you post MC September on PN?

Arynio

So... the King Squid has fallen. GTA V just keeps on climbing like there's no tomorrow. But other than that, it remains a Nintendo-dominated Top. A few 3DS titles are catching up, and then things should remain the same until the end of the year.

Is that chart just for 2016? Because I'm sure Splatoon has spent more than one year inside the Top 20 in total.

Takao

Banned
If I remember right Torne did well for what it was.

That's not a platform.

Seems like an unusually high amount of effort for a simple port of a vita game. Wonder what the chances are of bamco still making games for the adult market, and not for kids (Applimon).

Do you think they would've gotten away with selling a PS4 version of that top screenshot? That resembles a PSP game more than it does a Vita one.

I'm not sure the western sales would've made more non-kid Digimon games possible. I think that was already going to happen. Re:Digitize and Cyber Sleuth both did well in Japan. Next Order didn't, but there are a lot of game related reasons for that.

casiopao

I wonder if the success of Digimon Story CS in the West will lead to more digimon games being developed.

I won't bet on Bamco here lol. When they don't even brought the last one on 3ds. They surely won't brought a sure bomba title.

mao2

Wow that's a huge upgrade. :O

Oregano

That's not a platform.

Do you think they would've gotten away with selling a PS4 version of that top screenshot? That resembles a PSP game more than it does a Vita one.

I'm not sure the western sales would've made more non-kid Digimon games possible. I think that was already going to happen. Re:Digitize and Cyber Sleuth both did well in Japan. Next Order didn't, but there are a lot of game related reasons for that.

Yeah whilst it's a big upgrade I'm surprised by how terrible that Vita one screen looks. God damn that environment actually looks similar to stuff like DQM Joker or even the OG Ocarina of Time.

hiska-kun

Btw we havn't heard any news regarding Momotaro 2017 and Miitopia. With this year's holidays line up, Nintendo can't afford delays, especially for Momotaro. Should be ready by December...

Did the vita version really looks like that? lmao

Oregano

So now the real question is what will Square Enix do if the game sell less than Bravely Second.

Well World of FF is a simultaneous western release and Square Enix are self publishing so it should sell a lot better than Bravely Second.

Hellraider

Well World of FF is a simultaneous western release and Square Enix are self publishing so it should sell a lot better than Bravely Second.

I really doubt that. And I also don't undertand why Senix being behind it gives it more chances to.

Heyt

Banned
Why are MHS predictions so low? Game looks great and there's marketing muscle behind it. I don't get it.

Oregano

I really doubt that. And I also don't undertand why Senix being behind it gives it more chances to.

Well it's getting a lot more of a push by virtue of being self published. The Nintendo published games get a small push from Nintendo and completely ignored by Square Enix.

Why are MHS predictions so low? Game looks great and there's marketing muscle behind it. I don't get it.

Pre-orders are low and the shipment isn't massive which indicates low demand.

wrowa

Capcom is trying to extend the appeal of the Monster Hunter franchise to a new audience with this one. While Monster Hunter games normally aim at teenagers, Stories is targeted at kids who largely don't have prior experience with the MH franchise. Meaning Capcom can't really count on MH's brand power to push Stories from the get go (judging by the YSO predictions, likely even less so than they initially hoped for).

It's going to start relatively low and its fate will be dependant on whether or not the MHS franchise will catch on with kids. It should have good legs compared to other RPGs in any case, though.

Top Bottom