• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 4, 2015 (Jan 19 - Jan 25)

Mory Dunz

3dsjapannri5d.png

What in the world is run for money...?
I assume Nintendogs was bundled or something.
Wow at those Sticker Star legs. It was released near christmas (right?) but still....dang.

Interesting list.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
What in the world is run for money...?
I assume Nintendogs was bundled or something.
Wow at those Sticker Star legs. It was released near christmas (right?) but still....dang.

Interesting list.

I don't believe the sales were mostly from bundles or anything. It did 3M+ worldwide, so perhaps it's one of the few blue ocean games that at least partly retained its audience (like Tomodachi).

http://garaph.info/softwareindividual.php//gid/4705

Datschge

It was a long time ago but I think Xillia had reception issues as well.
Yes, Xillia was completely overhyped for a Tales game (early announcement and all the "15th anniversary game" talk) and the backlash was quite immense. With Xillia 2 and Zestiria there was comparatively little hype in advance, in Zestiria's case preorders picked up significantly only when that special preview anime was broadcast.

ZhugeEX

Banned
I find that quite surprising. Must've been a really cheap one to make.

It didn't do well in terms of sales.

So yes, must have been cheap to make. Same with Empires.

Even Sengoku Musou 4 II seems to be a cash grab from Koei before moving to PS4 only games.

Oregano

I find that quite surprising. Must've been a really cheap one to make.

I'm skeptical of them being satisfied with adding another SKU and only matching Chronicles 2nd sales, especially considering 2nd was more a rerelease than a sequel. I mean obviously they more than me but that just seems a bit weird.

Scum

Here's the 3DS games that broke 500K in Japan and the next three titles to illustrate how fast the drop off is. I apologize for Inazuma Eleven at 447K being partially cut off, but I couldn't get the scroll box to line up correctly.

You have to be quite an impressive franchise to get on here.

3dsjapannri5d.png

Yokai Watch 1st week - 52, 901

Hino sure had the last laugh on the way to the bank.

Road

Thanks for all the comments. I still haven't decided. Might even take a vote like we did in the past. =P

Bravely Second? (surprise hit of the year yeahhhhhh)

And Zelda Wii U (yeahhhhhhhhh x 2... it won't reach 300.000 I know)

Not impossible.

Impossible.

What about Fire Emblem If?

Possible.

Animal Crossing Wii U

Possible.

Hot Shots Golf?Is it a 2015 game?

Impossible to get there in 2015.

I am the only want that still have hopes for Gran Turismo 7 on PS4 this year?

Yes.

Maybe Ace Attorney. The last new entry did like 600k.

Unlikely.

Yokai Watch 3.5.

Yes.

Might as well put KH3 on the list.

No
mura means it is not coming in 2015 or in any year ever.

Pirate Warriors 3 has a shot.

Not impossible.

Weird, seems like Road has a bug on the site. If you click "group the same title", it eliminates the best release, but doesn't combine its sales with the normal title.

Fixed. Let me know every time you see a mistake. Thanks.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Pirate Warriors 3 has a shot.

Possibly. Whilst the game is being released on PS3/PS4 & PSV I do think it'll under perform compared to Pirate Warriors 2 which was just released on PS3/Vita.

One Piece Pirate Warriors : 860,000 78% first week sales
One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 565,000 60% first week sales

Sales are always front loaded for Pirate Warriors and so It'll need to sell more than 300k in it's first week If it wants to exceed 500k. At the moment I'd say that's not going to happen but we've still got a couple of month till release.

Jigorath

Banned
Not impossible.

I'll remember to quote this when the game comes out

Possibly. Whilst the game is being released on PS3/PS4 & PSV I do think it'll under perform compared to Pirate Warriors 2 which was just released on PS3/Vita.

One Piece Pirate Warriors : 860,000 78% first week sales
One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 565,000 60% first week sales

Sales are always front loaded for Pirate Warriors and so It'll need to sell more than 300k in it's first week If it wants to exceed 500k. At the moment I'd say that's not going to happen but we've still got a couple of month till release.

Pirate Warriors 2 was released so close to the first game it might have hurt the sales a bit. This time there was a two year gap. I don't think it's a lock or anything but the game has a shot across PS4/PS3/Vita.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Pirate Warriors 2 was released so close to the first game it might have hurt the sales a bit. This time there was a two year gap. I don't think it's a lock or anything but the game has a shot across PS4/PS3/Vita.

At the moment the demand for the third title is quite low which is a worrying trend that Koei have seen across their Musou games as of late in Japan. PS4 versions of multi plat Musou games are flopping, PS Vita versions are under performing and even the PS3 versions aren't selling well due to being at the end of the gen.

Only Dragon Quest Heroes looks on track to break this trend as a new IP, but I have a feeling that Pirate Warriors 3 will follow Koei's existing IP trend and see a moderate decline in sales this year. Maybe you're right about the two year gap but only SW4 was able to sell better due to pent up demand for SW on PlayStation. One Piece has already had 2 games on PlayStation in the past 3 years.

But hey, still 2 months before release. I'll track the demand up till release and see how it goes.

(Just to make it clear, I know it'll be on PC as well. Just I'm not including PC sales in above discussion)

zeromcd73

Lots of positiveness online today after the showing of new Dragon Quest Heroes footage.

I think this will hit the million mark. Really looking forward to seeing how much it will be able to boost PS4 hardware sales the week it releases.

tolkir

Lots of positiveness online today after the showing of new Dragon Quest Heroes footage.

I think this will hit the million mark. Really looking forward to seeing how much it will be able to boost PS4 hardware sales the week it releases.

zeromcd73
ready to suck all the dicks available

duckroll

So... Already 7 billion Yen for the Youkai Watch movie.

Some interesting details about the race between Yokai Watch and Big Hero 6:

When Yokai Watch opened, it made 1.6 billion yen in the opening weekend. Big Hero 6 only opened with 0.6 billion. But over the cause of the release, Big Hero 6 has managed to catch up to Yokai Watch because while Yokai Watch's demographic is skewed aggressively towards young children (elementary school or younger) and their parents, polling indicates that Big Hero 6 is popular across a much wider spectrum - from families all the way to audiences in their 20s and 30s, and couples. Now Yokai Watch is at 7.07 billion yen, while Big Hero 6 is at 7.03 billion yen. It's expected that Big Hero 6 will overtake Yokai Watch shortly.

ZhugeEX

Banned

I hope so.

So far I think the PS4 version will open with sales close to MGS5:GZ LTD on PS4. (170k)
This could be the first PS4 game to actually sell something.
But I still think the PS3 version will be far more popular with probably double the sales or something.

Spiegel

I hope so.

So far I think the PS4 version will open with sales close to MGS5:GZ LTD on PS4. (170k)
This could be the first PS4 game to actually sell something.
But I still think the PS3 version will be far more popular with probably double the sales or something.

Hard to know how many copies will DQ:H sell on PS4 in the end.

Didn't Sony ship plenty of DQ-themed PS4s? 20k?50k?100k? Who knows.Those will all be unaccounted copies.
Let's hope Media Create mentions them on the weekly blurb when it launches.

But yeah, PS3 should be the main selling platform.

ZhugeEX

Banned

Didn't Sony ship plenty of DQ-themed PS4s? 20k?50k?100k? Who knows.Those will all be unaccounted copies.

Metal Slime sold 38,000 units during week 1.

And I'm fairly certain that number will be higher by now.

Jigorath

Banned

Shouldn't the DQ Heroes vouchers from the PS4 bundles count in sales? They counted Knack.

Jigorath

Banned
Ah, they mentioned how many were sold? I missed those news.

Good then.

It would have charted on the top 10 if that was the case.

But the game hasn't released yet. Are you sure they're not going to just factor all the bundles sold into the first week sales?

maxiell

I wonder which will sell better on PS4: DQH or Persona 5.

I'm surprised at people thinking Persona 5 won't hit a million LTD in Japan, but I guess being console-only can't help things. Wonder if a Vita version is more or less likely if it sells above expectations on consoles.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Shouldn't the DQ Heroes vouchers from the PS4 bundles count in sales? They counted Knack.

No idea, the thing is that Knack was bundled on day 1.

Yet this was a bundled voucher that is claimed months later..... So hopefully Media Create or Famitsu or someone will be able to fill us in on the split between actual physical copies and metal slime PS4 copies.

For now we know that 38k units of metal slime were sold week 1.

Does anyone know how many were shipped or sold after that?

sörine

Banned
I wonder which will sell better on PS4: DQH or Persona 5.

I'm surprised at people thinking Persona 5 won't hit a million LTD in Japan, but I guess being console-only can't help things. Wonder if a Vita version is more or less likely if it sells above expectations on consoles.
I think DQH will outsell P5 on both PS3 and PS4.

I think people are expecting around half a million-ish for Persona because the franchise previously peaked around 400k. The franchise is bigger now but it's genre and platforms are also weaker. A million would be a miracle.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

One Piece: Pirate Warriors - 2012.03.01
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 - 2013.03.20
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - 2015.03.26 -> oh right, we changed year, it's not 2014 anymore

When the code is activated i don't see why those sales won't be added at first week sales. After all these numbers are tracked

ZhugeEX

Banned
One Piece: Pirate Warriors - 2012.03.01
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 - 2013.03.20
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - 2014.03.26

When the code is activated i don't see why those sales won't be added at first week sales. After all these numbers are tracked

Thanks Chris. It'll be good if they track these as first week sales.

In regards to Pirate Warriors, first game sold 860k on PS3, second game sold 565k across PS3/Vita. I honestly don't see it besting the second game sales, even with PS4 version added in.

Spiegel

Sales trackers track when a product was sold, not when it was activated. Technically, DQH has already sold a number of copies.
They can be added in February, sure, but those purchases were made in 2014.
It doesn't matter when they report the sales, though, only that they report it.

hiska-kun

Sales trackers track when a product was sold, not when it was activated. Technically, DQH has already sold a number of copies.
They can be added in February, sure, but those purchases were made in 2014.
It doesn't matter when they report the sales, though, only that they report it.

There's a chance that Media Create shares how many copies of the bundle were sold once DQH is released.

wmlk

If you mean which platform, PS4 100%. First Zestiria port in late 2015 and then a new entry in 2016.

I think they go cross-gen.

I dunno how well a Zestiria port will do given how much the original is bombing already. I guess they need a stop-gap, though.

Top Bottom