• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 50, 2014 (Dec 08 - Dec 14)

Vena

Monster Hunter Tri G was the first game to use the CP Pro and it was announced alongside the game, that was a long time before Kid Icarus. Monster Hunter 4 was also the first 3DS game to use the full system resources. Nintendo had already collaborated with the team on the Classic Controller Pro for the original Tri as detailed in Iwata Asks.

I meant the baking it into the N3DS. The CPP allows for a lot more functionality across the board, its not something that is entirely a peripheral to MH. As I said, they have use for it in their own software and have used it, and it makes sense to bake something like that in as the DS line has been, for the longest time, lacking a secondary directional input for the right hand.

Road

a 25% drop would mean more than 850k (890k precisely), that should be the second best week 2 and the best one on nintendo platform

insane... but that numbers would put YW2.5 at 2mln, matching L5 announcement of last week (YW2 globally sold 5mln)

it will be an interesting Xmas eve... :D

Before people start to expect those numbers, Comgnet didn't fulfill all of their pre-orders last week, so their second week is possibly higher than usual.

Scum

ARMv8-A will be their chip base without doubt as that's also what AMD has experience in from their ARM server arm and work, and I don't expect AMD to have the capabilities or need to start from scratch on R&D for the mobile chip and, from what I recall, they already had good power draws and thermal efficiency even in their server builds. That, alone, will guarantee healthy RAM and ES 3.0.

Cheers for the responses, guys. :D

Vena

Cheers for the responses, guys. :D

Another plus, if they do go with ARMv8, they'll be at the top of the line in terms of hardware by the time they launch as ARMv7 and its derivatives are still pretty much the only thing you're going to find except for in, iirc, the Xiaomi Pad with its K1, (and the iPhones) and it will be a few more years and cycles before the 64/32-bit ARMv8 makes a bigger foothold on the mobile market.

I'd expect them to be significantly cheaper than a tablet as well with a lower res-screen, lower PPI (only need 300 for the "retina" test), and more focused and consolidated hardware. (<200$)

Depending on the form factors they release, it could become a pretty useful alternate tool to a tablet... especially if they port up that WiiU browser.

Before people start to expect those numbers, Comgnet didn't fulfill all of their pre-orders last week, so their second week is possibly higher than usual.

I know that, but as I said, on launch day the game was available only for people who preordered, and also I read here (iirc) that there are preorders made as Christmas present so those are sales not probably included in the first 2 days of sales

And L5 already announced 2mln, shipped I presume, but it was around wednesday, wasn't it ? so most of those shipped copies could have been already sold

hiska-kun

Ranking Tsutaya Week 51 2014

01./01. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5)
02./00. [3DS] Final Fantasy Explorers <RPG> (Square Enix)
03./00. [PS3] Gundam Breaker 2 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
04./00. [PSV] Gundam Breaker 2 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)

05./05. [3DS] Pokemon Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokemon Co.)
06./03. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U <FTG> (Nintendo)
07./06.[3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby <RPG> (Pokemon Co.)
08./09. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo)
09./07. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom)
10./02. [PS3] Shining Resonance <RPG> (Sega)
11./04. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan)
12./00. [PS3] Godzilla <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
13./08. [3DS] Derby Stallion Gold <SLG> (Kadokawa Games)
14./14. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Honke (Level 5)
15./13. [3DS] Attack on Titan: The Last Wings of Mankind - Chain <ACT> (Spike Chunsoft)
16./00. [3DS] 12-Sai. Honto no Kimochi <ADV> (Happinet)
17./18. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Ganso (Level 5)
18./12. [PSV] Phantasy Star Nova <RPG> (Sega)
19./00. [PSV] Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Century <RPG> (Compile Heart)
20./19. [3DS] Aikatsu! 365-Hi no Idol Days <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games)

Faustek

heh just saw the rankings at Tsutaya and I'm still amazed that GTA is still there.

But more importantly anyone think GB2 can break 230-250K together? If I recall correctly PS3 released at around 200k but the Vita version a few months later barely broke 20-30k.

EDIT:

ToZ, isn't that in the danger zone? From what I gather Tales of haven't been performing well at all since Xillia 2. Adding that the market for consoles seems have stagnated further since 2012 and if this really is a push for a larger Tales game again I don't see it ending to happily :(

As for SaGa being Vita exclusive* isn't that just because [Rumour] Sony is localizing it in China(perhaps Korea as well)? Also add the future** of a possible port is easier than the 3DS?

*It's going to get ported sooner or later
**Easier to throw it on mobile after Vita than mobile After 3DS.

Either way, Happy Holidays

L~A

^

Well, it launched last week, would've been surprising for the game to already be out on the Top 20.

Well, it looks like Genius Sonority is getting quite successful with Denpa Ningen no RPG Free!. Not only they recently passed the 1.5m download mark, but the game now got its first TV CM.

Kinda crazy that this F2P game is more sucessful than any of the Pokémon stuff they ever worked on.

Hopefully, 4DS is retro-compatible so that GS can keep on working on their F2P DN game.

Denpa Men is awesome! Now that Genius Sonority is swimming in F2P money, they should buy the Pokémon IP and release a new Pokémon adventure for consoles!

L~A

please don't call it "4DS"... :D

Ok, 5DS then.

I mean, if Microsoft can go from Windows 8 to Windows 10, surely Nintendo can do the same.

Seriously, another game for the March 26 butcher shop... new Kuroko no Basketball on the 3DS.

B5c5d_GCQAEXayx.jpg:large

Does someone have a list of all games coming out on that day? I know it's the last release day for the current FY, but the number of games coming out on the same day is getting pretty crazy.

L~A

3ds2 it is

Or maybe simply New Nint...... oh.

Anyway, I've been asking for a few days now... have MC said anything about the date they'll reveal the Week 51 and 52 data? There's always funny stuff with the end of the year and the holidays, so I'd like to know if they've said anything about that or if it's too early.

Sandfox

4DS = Nintendo skipping VR and going straight to time machines.

Ok, 5DS then.

I mean, if Microsoft can go from Windows 8 to Windows 10, surely Nintendo can do the same.

Seriously, another game for the March 26 butcher shop... new Kuroko no Basketball on the 3DS.

Does someone have a list of all games coming out on that day? I know it's the last release day for the current FY, but the number of games coming out on the same day is getting pretty crazy.

The titles worth mentioning IMO are:
Bloodborne
Sword Art Online Lost Song
Senran Kagura EV
Theatrhythm Dragon Quest
Disgaea 5
Kuroko
One Piece Pirate Musou 3
Rorona 3DS
Deception IV

There's also big releases the week before and after.

Now another limited edition of PS4 got announced. This time featured game is Yakuza 0.

I really hate how most limited edition PS4's just get an ugly plate swap.

L~A

^

Stores chain.

I really hate how most limited edition PS4's just get an ugly plate swap.

With how ugly actual LEs are (ie: that Type 0 HD.... ugh), it's probably for the best :p

And thanks for the list, though I'd like a complete one if possible. Just those titles by themselves is a lot already...

nightever

This week's magazine leaked, Trails in the sky FC Evolution confirmed for vita. Unfortunately we don't get words about Tokyo Xanadu...

Oregano

<snip>
I guess I'm just not seeing this vast well of untapped potential or a future fraught with danger of losing major amounts of their audience by switching over to the dominant platform next generation instead of this one. I mean by definition here they would have had to switch platforms anyway to have been on the 3DS to begin with, which would risk the audience they had on the PSP.

You are probably right that it's not a big risk. However I do think a Phantasy Star 3DS would have done better than Nova. It wouldn't have been able to use PSO2 assets though.

Hopefully, 4DS is retro-compatible so that GS can keep on working on their F2P DN game.

I doubt they'll drop BC for handhelds. They are definitely sticking with ARM.

3ds2 it is

3DS^2 for extra confusion.

Scum

Another plus, if they do go with ARMv8, they'll be at the top of the line in terms of hardware by the time they launch as ARMv7 and its derivatives are still pretty much the only thing you're going to find except for in, iirc, the Xiaomi Pad with its K1, (and the iPhones) and it will be a few more years and cycles before the 64/32-bit ARMv8 makes a bigger foothold on the mobile market.

I'd expect them to be significantly cheaper than a tablet as well with a lower res-screen, lower PPI (only need 300 for the "retina" test), and more focused and consolidated hardware. (<200$)

Depending on the form factors they release, it could become a pretty useful alternate tool to a tablet... especially if they port up that WiiU browser.

Seems daft of me to ask but an ARM based console is also possible, right? I'm sure it is.

please don't call it "4DS"... :D

Nintendo Advance, then.

L~A

So, numbers are in for the Youkai Watch movie... Can anyone translate? I've always been confused by the way JP write numbers.

It's 16&#20740;2889&#19975;3000&#20870; for the first 2 days.

16 288 930 000 Yen, then?

It's better than Howl's Moving Castle, at the very least.

zeromcd73

Random tidbits of information:

- Horii isn't directing the new DQ10 expansion because he is busy with DQ11 (DQ live broadcast 1 hour 30 min ~ mark).

- Gravity Rush 2 developer responds to why we haven't seen new footage for such a long time: "You will understand immediately when you see new footage of it." (Dengeki interview)

Guymelef

- Horii isn't directing the new DQ10 expansion because he is busy with DQ11 (DQ live broadcast 1 hour 30 min ~ mark).

- Gravity Rush 2 developer replies to why we haven't seen new footage for such a long time: "You will understand immediately when you see new footage of it." (Dengeki interview)

Yesp, this sounds like PS4.

- Gravity Rush 2 developer replies to why we haven't seen new footage for such a long time: "You will understand immediately when you see new footage of it." (Dengeki interview)

awwww yis give me that PS4 GR world. This will be worth the wait.

zeromcd73

Okay so did only Dengeki Playstation leak or did Famitsu leak as well?
Pretty sure both did. Everything leaks every week.

The same guy on 2ch has access to a store that leaks early copies of everything. Famitsu, Dengeki, Weekly Jump, V Jump. Some publishers tried to stop stores from doing this (it's mainly convenience stores), but it didn't work; although it did stop Weekly Jump from leaking on Wednesday and is now leaked on Thursday.

koutoru

- Gravity Rush 2 developer responds to why we haven't seen new footage for such a long time: "You will understand immediately when you see new footage of it." (Dengeki interview)
Yup, definitely sounding like a PS4 exclusive.
Unfortunate, but many saw this coming.

Pretty sure both did. Everything leaks every week.

The same guy on 2ch has access to a store that leaks early copies of everything. Famitsu, Dengeki, Weekly Jump, V Jump. Some publishers tried to stop stores from doing this (it's mainly convenience stores), but it didn't work; although it did stop Weekly Jump from leaking on Wednesday and is now leaked on Thursday.

How come we don't see Table of Contents leaks anymore? It'd be much easier than having to wait for individual game leaks, if there are any.

zeromcd73

How come we don't see Table of Contents leaks anymore? It'd be much easier than having to wait for individual game leaks, if there are any.
Because people try to remain less conspicuous about it now since publishers have gotten a lot more strict in regards to selling magazines early (especially Shueisha), and punish stores for breaking release dates.

It's also not a very common thing to find a store that breaks the release date 4 days early every week, so not many people have access to them now listening the chances of it happen.

The Weekly Jump Table of Contents leaks every week early including every single game related page since the guy feels like doing it.

PS3 hit 10m. Nice. Didn't do so bad in a quiet market (Japanese console gaming).

The market wasn't this quiet in the first few years of the last console generation.

If the upcoming games in Q1 2015 does nothing to spur the overall sales baseline of the PS4 to a higher average on a weekly basis (instead of just a one-week high during major title launches), we're looking at a 50% generation decline, maybe even worse.

Top Bottom