• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 52, 2014 (Dec 22 - Dec 28)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
P&D is not as much popular as it was 2 years ago, now the most popular game on mobile is Monster Strike

this is not ti underrate the announcement, but just a clarification about P&D in general

also P&D Z brand has a different target from P&D on mobile, the former is a rpg with puzzle combat system, primarly targeted for younger audience, the latter is a puzzle game with rpg elements targeted for a wider audience

no doubts it will sell like hot cakes in GW

So is this game more like Z or the normal P&D then? If it's more like Z, I expect to sell worse than Z, like 1.2M maybe. Although I think the price seems lower than P&DZ?

So is this game more like Z or the normal P&D then? If it's more like Z, I expect to sell worse than Z, like 1.2M maybe. Although I think the price seems lower than P&DZ?

I guess the selling point is Mario. In my opinion, this game might well sell as Z if not more.

Raist

Banned
Dengeki FY sw 2014 / 2013

3DS - 18.951.193 / 18.272.762
PS3 - 4.501.350 / 8.851.181
PSV - 3.866.979 / 2.707.099
WIU - 2.611.509 / 2.258.857
PS4 - 1.422.649 / 0
PSP - 601.547 / 2.769.050
XB1 - 115.271 / 0
WII - 0 / 856.231
360 - 0 / 308.775
NDS - 0 / 297.529

SUM - 32.070.498 / 36.321.484

~1.5 attach rate for the PS4?
That's... super low. Even the XB1's is 3.

L~A

First million seller of 2015 was announced.
For Golden Week. Nice release date.

Just a few days ago, I was wondering what would be Nintendo's big game for GW... well, I certainly wasn't expecting this. Really great move from them.

Okay. Now I need to see what other collaborations are in store. This is insane :lol

No, seriously, what's next? A TellTale game based in a Nintendo property?

A TellTale game that went through proper QA? Color me interested!

Dengeki FY sw 2014 / 2013

3DS - 18.951.193 / 18.272.762
PS3 - 4.501.350 / 8.851.181
PSV - 3.866.979 / 2.707.099
WIU - 2.611.509 / 2.258.857
PS4 - 1.422.649 / 0
PSP - 601.547 / 2.769.050
XB1 - 115.271 / 0
WII - 0 / 856.231
360 - 0 / 308.775
NDS - 0 / 297.529

SUM - 32.070.498 / 36.321.484

So without Youkai Watch, sales would have dropped to roughly 13m, right? (YW1 + 2 + 2.5 sold roughly 6m together in 2014).

monpiece

Banned
The one who´s making this a matter of "console wars" is you, lol. Just continue with your wishful thinking and everything is ok mantra. That you are putting every system that had a decline on the same page and ignoring actual sales is typical for desperate spin-doctors. But to make it clear to you, there is a difference between a decline from great sales to good sales and a decline from bad sales, and PSV proudly fits the latter one.

People obsessed with systems are those on console war stuff. Since your reasoning is always based on systems, it is easy to see who is on console war stuff.

I AM talking about PS2/GC/XB/GBA era when I meant "this is not just a 3DS problems", actually less games are sold every week compared to the past, this is a GENERAL situation, not an exclusive 3DS problem

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ngc/before/03_12.html

those are only 3rd party games released in DECEMBER 2003 for GC, the same quantity probably released in 2nd half 2014 for Wii U combining both nintendo and 3rd parties

http://search.jp.playstation.com/search?query=&sort=2&count=50&group=1&pspUmd=1&design=2&start=500
PSP games released in December 2007
Too lazy to count them ? They are 21, probably the same Vita had in Q4 2014

As I said, developers moved on mobile/digital, so retail releases are becoming less and less; just to make an example, D3P made the Simple Series, I don't remember how many on PS1, over 100 titles on PS2, a good 40 titles (or more) on DS, they switched the series on Wii U, PSV and PS4, a couple of titles, Simple @ Series on 3DS (digital) already has more than 30 titles, those titles in the past were all retail, now are digital
ASW the same, they released many games on both 3DS and Vita, the same games around 5-6 years ago were absolutely sold by retail

My comparison was between 2013 and 2014, so it is irrelevant what was on PS2/GC/etc. Someone else explained the stagnant software sales from 2013 to 2014 citing that sales don't increase because there are less and less games being released, but no relation between number of games released/total sales or 2013 to 2014 comparison were provided.

So without Youkai Watch, sales would have dropped to roughly 13m, right? (YW1 + 2 + 2.5 sold roughly 6m together in 2014).

No, because people could well be buying other things instead, especially considering games targeting children are usually bought by parents/relatives. It is hard to estimate what would happen without YW.

L~A

No, because people could well be buying other things instead, especially considering games targeting children are usually bought by parents/relatives. It is hard to estimate what would happen without YW.

And what would they have bought? Other than Pokémon, there's no other game that would have absorbed those 6m sales brought by YW.

Actually, since YW clearly supported 3DS sales during Summer (as Chris said several times in the past), software sales might have been even more impacted by a lack of YW as it brought in new users, that in turn bought more games (like AC:NL and other evergreen Nintendo titles).

monpiece

Banned
And what would they have bought? Other than Pokémon, there's no other game that would have absorbed those 6m sales brought by YW.

Actually, since YW clearly supported 3DS sales during Summer (as Chris said several times in the past), software sales might have been even more impacted by a lack of YW as it brought in new users, that in turn bought more games (like AC:NL and other evergreen Nintendo titles).

3DS has tons of games aimed at children, and it could mean bigger legs for older titles. If even Animal Crossing charted at holidays, that means they could be buying something else.

Besides, there is nothing to support the notion that YW clearly supported 3DS sales during summer, and that people who bought a 3DS for the first time because of YW, then bought other games are a considerable number. There is too much speculation and nothing to support theories in these threads.

It´s rather naive to think that these kind of sales and the general trend didn´t contribute to their decisions, that´s just ridiculous. The successor of one of their main target systems last gen completely cratered in 2012, and you think it didn´t push the idea even further to invest more in smartphone and browser games and that their announcement in February 2013 was completely unrelated? It´s great that businesses decisions aren´t made out of such clouded views on the market by completely ignoring such a notable development. My response to the more current announcement was also more tongue in cheek anyway for already mentioned reason, the big decline in the 4th quarter at the very least didn´t let them think twise about their long term plans and investments though. ;)

About beeing in good faith, you are still pushing the idea forward that this is a decision they made based on just a few weeks, implying that sales have been disappointing for a short time and the very least also implying that that´s the timeframe I based the comment on. You are missing the elephant in the room on purpose, this is based on PSVs performance in its whole lifecycle ("in good faith" sure tell this someone else).

You should start looking closer to the actual situation. You seem to have really bought completely into the PSV is up yearonyear mantra. PSV sales have been for a longer time bad than "good" and even this "good" period was mostly mediocre at best and simply based on beeing up compared to a even worse precedent sales. The only good thing about 2H 2013 and 1H 2014 sales is that it fooled some people into thinking that there is a potential for recovery by the mere fact of beeing up yoy compared to even worse precedent sales. In terms of actual units sold, sales have been mostly mediocre even in this period, sure with some spikes here and there but in general disappointing.

Seeing how you had no problem with really nonsensical comparisons (for example the declines comparisons just for the purpose to spin reality) I´ll frankly say that it´s quite funny and dishonest that you want to play the moral high ground card.
No one said anything about the market situation not influencing the decision to expand to mobile development. They're going to have to go somewhere when there's no successor to the PSV and the PS4 flails about in a shrinking console market.

I don't know where exactly I "bought into" the PSV being up Y/Y. Do you actually read posts or check who you're replying to before replying to them?

You just responded to a post that explicitly states that the Vita has poor sales, is a on a downward trajectory, had a low peak, and limited market potential with some weird tirade about "oh you're not looking closely enough, you've been blinded by optimism, let me tell you about how the Vita is doing really poorly."

You seem to really like to argue against straw men and want disagreement when there isn't any. Again, if you want to talk about how badly the Vita is doing, just do it.

No one is making out it's life time sales are good and sales have only been bad recently. It's lifetime sales are bad. It's 2014 sales are bad. It's Q4 sales are bad. It's already completely dead outside of Japan and in Japan it will struggle to even top 5M. It's the Vita.

Sarcastic comments about your nonsensical remark, refer to recent sales, because your nonsensical remark referred to the recent sales as spurring changes in platform. Not because sales outside of recency have been good. Of course having had this be pointed out by people as nonsense, it was now "tongue in cheek" anyway.

3DS has tons of games aimed at children, and it could mean bigger legs for older titles. If even Animal Crossing charted at holidays, that means they could be buying something else.

Besides, there is nothing to support the notion that YW clearly supported 3DS sales during summer, and that people who bought a 3DS for the first time because of YW, then bought other games are a considerable number. There is too much speculation and nothing to support theories in these threads.

What are you talking about?

3DS weekly sales:

June: 24,485
July: 27,556
56,973 <- YW2 launch
Aug: 41,183
50,024 <- Summer holidays
Sept: 27,846 <- New 3DS announcement

monpiece

Banned
What are you talking about?

3DS weekly sales:
56,973 <- YW2 launch
50,024 <- Summer holidays
27,846 <- New 3DS announcement

How is it comparable to other years? Does 3DS sales generally grow near summer holidays or not?

How is it comparable to other years? Does 3DS sales generally grow near summer holidays or not?

Hard to make comparisons because 2011 had the price cut and 2012 had 3DS XL, but in 2013 sales were flatter in July and a bit better in August. YW2 clearly caused a spike in sales this year as you can see.

monpiece

Banned
Hard to make comparisons because 2011 had the price cut and 2012 had 3DS XL, but in 2013 sales were flatter in July and a bit better in August. YW2 clearly caused a spike in sales this year as you can see.

Or not, maybe it is a trend that is difficult to verify because other important variables are changing from year to year. I am not saying that it is not possible to have been the main cause of the spike, it might have been, but there is no evidence to support it was the only cause. In statistical analysis and forecasts, that is how it works.

L~A

You're one page too late, mpl90, ha ha.

Just realised something... with yesterday's Famitsu article about 2014, we saw Level-5 had 4 games "active" in 2014. All Youkai Watch games.

They basically didn't release anything on traditional consoles, other than YW2 and 2.5. And adding mobile doesn't help, as Wonderflick is the only game they released iirc.

I guess the lack of Inazuma Eleven game really shows, here.

SmokyDave

I think my chosen metric for measuring the health of the Vita in 2015 will be 'number of titles announced for the platform'. Seems like the best angle now that potential recoveries and YoY rises are out of the window.

Darius, stahp pls.
He can't. His passion for the Vita cannot be stopped, merely stemmed. I understand.

Or not, maybe it is a trend that is difficult to verify because other important variables are changing from year to year. I am not saying that it is not possible to have been the main cause of the spike, it might have been, but there is no evidence to support it was the only cause. In statistical analysis and forecasts, that is how it works.

Of course, correlation =/= causality, and there is a huge literature about that (and a sub-field itself) in academic literature. Since no one here is doing statistical analyses, but just discussing with some information in a video game forum, what I am suggesting is that it is well likely that YW2 drove 3DS sales during Summer. Hw sales rised a lot with respect to June, and also YW is an IP that became popular earlier that year, so it is a good candidate to attract people that never had a 3DS (i.e. kids).

ofcourse it wasn't the only cause, but it's quite obvious it was the main cause, yw sales and 3ds have gone up and down in sync pretty much for the whole year.

sales don't always go up or down due to different quarters, depends on software support too...look at vita/ps4/wii u which barely raised in q4.

Just realised something... with yesterday's Famitsu article about 2014, we saw Level-5 had 4 games "active" in 2014. All Youkai Watch games.

They basically didn't release anything on traditional consoles, other than YW2 and 2.5. And adding mobile doesn't help, as Wonderflick is the only game they released iirc.

we would have seen an entry in ie/fantasy life/layton imo, if yw didn't blow up completely.

crap sorry for double post

Yes, really curious about L5's output in 2015. I expect some more games on 3DS (Fantasy / Space Life, Ushiro revival, Layton) on top of YW, and probably a new RPG on PS4.

I think my chosen metric for measuring the health of the Vita in 2015 will be 'number of titles announced for the platform'. Seems like the best angle now that potential recoveries and YoY rises are out of the window.

He can't. His passion for the Vita cannot be stopped, merely stemmed. I understand.

You've created a monster smokydave.

Two more releases - Doraemon Kanji Battle 3DS 26 Feb and Soul Hackers budget version 19 March.

I wonder if Atlus is interested in reviving Devil Summoner somewhere. 3DS might be a good fit given the 100k units of Soul Hackers porting and the 250k units of SMTIV.

yurinka

3ds is saved
6YmaWmJ.jpg
Yes, this is going to be a huge seller at least in Japan

monpiece

Banned
Of course, correlation =/= causality, and there is a huge literature about that (and a sub-field itself) in academic literature. Since no one here is doing statistical analyses, but just discussing with some information in a video game forum, what I am suggesting is that it is well likely that YW2 drove 3DS sales during Summer. Hw sales rised a lot with respect to June, and also YW is an IP that became popular earlier that year, so it is a good candidate to attract people that never had a 3DS (i.e. kids).

Sure, what you are saying as a suggestion is possible. However, what I was saying was that we cannot say 3DS software sales without YW would be 3DS software sales - YW sales, because there are many things to consider in this hypothetical situation.

And while some people make statements as theories and suggestions, other people make statements as facts.

My metric is the number of upcoming games with bishoujo and moe anime characters with excessive fanservice and pandering. After all, those are the only games that matter to determine which system is the #champion.

Sure, what you are saying as a suggestion is possible. However, what I was saying was that we cannot say 3DS software sales without YW would be 3DS software sales - YW sales, because there are many things to consider in this hypothetical situation.

And while some people make statements as theories and suggestions, other people make statements as facts.

We are all making suggestions based on numbers we receive on a weekly basis from tracker companies. No one si doing statistical analyses - so you are pointing out an obvious thing.

L~A

we would have seen an entry in ie/fantasy life/layton imo, if yw didn't blow up completely.

crap sorry for double post

I disagree for Fantasy Life, because those are games with a crapton of content. So:

1) not sure they have the means to make such big games quickly
2) not sure people could play games like those too often
3) Fantasy Life itself took a while to come out, so unless Fantasy Life 2 is just a huge list of new quests, a sequel would take more time.

There's also the DLC that was supposed to come out after the Link! expansion came out... there wasn't much of that, actually.

But I'm sure we'll hear about FL sometime this year... I hope, at least :p

duckroll

I wonder if Atlus is interested in reviving Devil Summoner somewhere. 3DS might be a good fit given the 100k units of Soul Hackers porting and the 250k units of SMTIV.

If Atlus wants to make more dungeon crawlers, I think they'll just use SMT instead. Devil Summoner these days is much more associated with the Raido games than the old ones. They could make more stuff like Strange Journey and Soul Hackers as actual SMT games, or just create a new branding. No reason to go back to "Devil Summoner" in particular.

I don't know, I just read the announcement here
PD&Z is a rpg cause just selling P&D on a console would have not been enough, I mean, it's a F2P so how you could justify the 4,000yen price? But if you make a rpg with the combat system took from P&D it perfectly works
I think it will be a rpg again, hope it's not just a 1.5 version with some elements took from Mario world

just took off from Yamanote line sponsored by YW :D

I disagree for Fantasy Life, because those are games with a crapton of content. So:

1) not sure they have the means to make such big games quickly
2) not sure people could play games like those too often
3) Fantasy Life itself took a while to come out, so unless Fantasy Life 2 is just a huge list of new quests, a sequel would take more time.

There's also the DLC that was supposed to come out after the Link! expansion came out... there wasn't much of that, actually.

But I'm sure we'll hear about FL sometime this year... I hope, at least :p
i meant one of those franchises would have seen a release, not necessarily FL, i suppose a new ie or layton is more needed.

although more FL is always good!

they've been pretty consistent with their releases, i have no doubt if they wanted to release something else besides yw in 2014, they would have the capability to do so.

really interested in the new IP in 2015, bigger than YW is no joke.

Road

Dengeki the first to release Week 1 2015: http://dengekionline.com/soft/ranking/ranking.html

It seems like we have a confirmed superior tracker.

"Holiday Sales War" hardware

3DS: 1.14 million
PS4: 220k
Wii U: 210k
Vita: 210k
PS3: 65k

period: 2014-11-03~2015-01-04

Persona 4: Golden is getting PS Vita the Best version in Japan. What other games have received this version so far? It is also apparently the best selling RPG on Vita (Shocking!)

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201501/08069195.html

Pretty much every game gets a Best release in Japan. It is not something remarkable.

In Persona 4 Golden's case, it is in the sense it has taken more than 2 years for it to happen, since the original release was still selling well. 99% of the time the Best is released 1 year later, because the original has already stopped selling.

Oregano

I don't know, I just read the announcement here
PD&Z is a rpg cause just selling P&D on a console would have not been enough, I mean, it's a F2P so how you could justify the 4,000yen price? But if you make a rpg with the combat system took from P&D it perfectly works
I think it will be a rpg again, hope it's not just a 1.5 version with some elements took from Mario world

just took off from Yamanote line sponsored by YW :D

Well judging from the trailer is has a NSMB-style world map but I'm not exactly sure what tells us.

i meant one of those franchises would have seen a release, not necessarily FL, i suppose a new ie or layton is more needed.

although more FL is always good!

they've been pretty consistent with their releases, i have no doubt if they wanted to release something else besides yw in 2014, they would have the capability to do so.

really interested in the new IP in 2015, bigger than YW is no joke.

Well for a potential FL2 it might take longer due to Brownie Brown splitting into two. Brownies worked on Link! but they might be a bit small to get a big sequel out so soon.

Dengeki the first to release Week 1 2015: http://dengekionline.com/soft/ranking/ranking.html

It seems like we have a confirmed superior tracker.

"Holiday Sales War" hardware

3DS: 1.14 million
PS4: 220k
Wii U: 210k
Vita: 210k
PS3: 65k

period: 2014-11-03~2015-01-04

Pretty much every game gets a Best release in Japan. It is not something remarkable.

In Persona 4 Golden's case, it is in the sense it has taken more than 2 years for it to happen, since the original release was still selling well. 99% of the time the Best is released 1 year later, because the original has already stopped selling.

PS4 outsold WiiU this holiday....did not expect that. It did 40-50k this week right?

L~A

MC:

New3DS LL 76,439
Vita 56,700
PS4 42,216
New3DS 40,338
Wii U 30,031
3DS LL 19,096
PS3 17,867
3DS 17,293
Vita TV 1,305
Xbox One 637

Well for a potential FL2 it might take longer due to Brownie Brown splitting into two. Brownies worked on Link! but they might be a bit small to get a big sequel out so soon.

I don't think Brownies worked on Link!, as Level-5 had h.a.n.d complete it. Or do we have confirmation for Brownies involvement?

Dengeki Sales: Week 52. 2014 (Dec 22 - Dec 28)

01./01. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shinuchi  (Level Five) {2014.12.13} - 289.461 / 2.066.834 (-48%)
02./03. [3DS] Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Pokemon) {2014.11.21} - 83.694 / 1.318.467 (-2%)
03./05. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo) {2014.09.13} - 82.772 / 2.004.865 (+19%)
04./04. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} - 80.885 / 481.807 (+4%)
05./06. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby (Pokemon) {2014.11.21} - 68.989 / 1.148.450 (-0%)
06./02. [3DS] Final Fantasy Explorers (Square Enix) {2014.12.18} - 58.267 / 224.026 (-65%)
07./09. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4G (Capcom) {2014.10.11} - 50.550 / 2.387.589 (+29%)
08./11. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} - 34.241 / 853.104 (+16%)
09./08. [PSV] Gundam Breaker 2 (NAMCO BANDAI Games) {2014.12.18} - 27.238 / 87.979 (-55%)
10./00. [PSV] Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Out of Order (NAMCO BANDAI Games) {2014.12.25} - 23.900 / NEW
11./13. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Honke (Level Five) {2014.07.10} - 23.594 / 1.602.381 (+17%)
12./07. [PS3] Gundam Breaker 2 (NAMCO BANDAI Games) {2014.12.18} - 21.386 / 90.299 (-69%)
13./18. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Ganso (Level Five) {2014.07.10} - 19.794 / 1.447.583 (+12%)
14./21. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} - 18.278 / 3.759.522 (+24%)
15./15. [WIU] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Nintendo) {2014.11.13} - 18.072 / 118.490 (-3%)
16./22. [3DS] Gotouchi Tetsudou: Gotouchi Chara to Nihon Zenkoku no Tabi (NAMCO BANDAI Games) {2014.11.27} - 17.056 / 50.705 (+41%)
17./14. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games) {2014.12.11} - 16.944 / 110.312 (-15%)
18./17. [3DS] Aikatsu! 365-Hi no Idol Days (NAMCO BANDAI Games) {2014.12.04} - 16.856 / 79.743 (-6%)
19./20. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Koko ga Ochitsukundesu (Nippon Columbia) {2014.11.20} - 15.528 / 61.333 (-4%)
20./23. [3DS] Attack on Titan: The Last Wings of Mankind - Chain (Spike Chunsoft) {2014.12.04} - 13.622 / 55.420 (+19%)
21./24. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} - 12.359 / 2.345.681 (+21%)
22./00. [PS4] Shadow Of Mordor (Warner Entertainment Japan) {2014.12.25} - 11.256 / NEW
23./26. [WIU] Taiko no Tatsujin: Tokumori! (NAMCO BANDAI Games) {2014.11.20} - 11.106 / 44.041 (+27%)
24./12. [3DS] 12-Sai. Honto no Kimochi (Happinet) {2014.12.18} - 10.161 / 31.286 (-52%)
25./16. [PS3] Shining Resonance (SEGA) {2014.12.11} - 10.100 / 95.736 (-44%)
26./32. [3DS] One Piece Super Grand Battle! X (NAMCO BANDAI Games) {2014.11.13} - 9.856 / 73.515 (+37%)
27./30. [3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo) {2014.03.20} - 9.611 / 464.945 (+30%)
28./33. [3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Don to Katsu no Jikuu Daibouken (NAMCO BANDAI Games) {2014.06.26} - 9.567 / 641.210 (+40%)
29./27. [3DS] Yoshi New Island (Nintendo) {2014.07.24} - 9.333 / 234.169 (+12%)
30./29. [3DS] Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Nintendo) {2014.01.11} - 8.872 / 641.171 (+18%)
31./36. [3DS] Tomodachi Collection: New Life (Nintendo) {2013.04.18} - 8.661 / 1.729.718 (+40%)
32./25. [3DS] Derby Stallion GOLD (Kadokawa Games) {2014.12.04} - 8.567 / 105.070 (-14%)
33./35. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2015 (KONAMI) {2014.11.13} - 8.289 / 135.967 (+29%)
34./28. [PSV] Phantasy Star Nova (SEGA) {2014.11.27} - 7.656 / 153.891 (+1%)
35./31. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 (NAMCO BANDAI Games) {2014.08.07} - 7.622 / 177.282 (+5%)
36./34. [PS3] Resident Evil HD Remastered (Capcom) {2014.11.27} - 6.522 / 93.075 (+1%)
37./38. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) {2012.07.28} - 6.406 / 2.217.611 (+25%)
38./39. [3DS] Samurai Warriors Chronicle 3 (Koei Tecmo Games) {2014.12.04} - 6.106 / 33.773 (+22%)
39./41. [WIU] Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo) {2013.11.21} - 6.061 / 572.638 (+25%)
40./43. [PS3] Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - Dubbed Edition (Square Enix) {2014.12.04} - 5.844 / 32.573 (+26%)
41./44. [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level Five) {2013.07.11} - 5.122 / 1.256.362 (+16%)
42./46. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} - 4.789 / 2.012.969 (+28%)
43./19. [PS3] Godzilla (NAMCO BANDAI Games) {2014.12.18} - 4.728 / 22.201 (-73%)
44./49. [3DS] Hero Bank 2 (SEGA) {2014.11.27} - 4.411 / 19.667 (+24%)
45./10. [PSV] Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Century (Compile Heart) {2014.12.18} - 4.400 / 34.279 (-85%)
46./52. [3DS] Style Savvy: Trendsetters - Tokimeki Up! (Nintendo) {2014.04.17} - 4.244 / 85.398
47./47. [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy (Nintendo) {2014.06.19} - 4.178 / 119.971 (+15%)
48./37. [PS3] Assassin's Creed Rogue (Ubisoft) {2014.12.11} - 4.128 / 25.577 (-24%)
49./42. [PS3] Nobunaga's Ambition: Creation with Power-Up Kit (Koei Tecmo Games) {2014.12.11} - 4.044 / 23.255 (-15%)
50./48. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life (NAMCO BANDAI Games) {2013.08.01} - 3.994 / 540.984 (+10%)

TOP50

3DS 31
PS3 8
WIU 5
PSV 4
PS4 2

TOP3/PLATFORM

[3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi (Level Five) {2014.12.13} - 289.461 / 2.066.834 (-48%)
[3DS] Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Pokemon) {2014.11.21} - 83.694 / 1.318.467 (-2%)
[3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo) {2014.09.13} - 82.772 / 2.004.865 (+19%)

[PSV] Gundam Breaker 2 (NAMCO BANDAI Games) {2014.12.18} - 27.238 / 87.979 (-55%)
[PSV] Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Out of Order (NAMCO BANDAI Games) {2014.12.25} - 23.900 / NEW
[PSV] Phantasy Star Nova (SEGA) {2014.11.27} - 7.656 / 153.891 (+1%)

[PS3] Gundam Breaker 2 (NAMCO BANDAI Games) {2014.12.18} - 21.386 / 90.299 (-69%)
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2015 (KONAMI) {2014.11.13} - 8.289 / 135.967 (+29%)
[PS3] Resident Evil HD Remastered (Capcom) {2014.11.27} - 6.522 / 93.075 (+1%)

[PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games) {2014.12.11} - 16.944 / 110.312 (-15%)
[PS4] Shadow Of Mordor (Warner Entertainment Japan) {2014.12.25} - 11.256 / NEW
[PS4] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2015 (KONAMI) {2014.11.13} - 3.406 / 51.260

[WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} - 80.885 / 481.807 (+4%)
[WIU] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} - 34.241 / 853.104 (+16%)
[WIU] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Nintendo) {2014.11.13} - 18.072 / 118.490 (-3%)

[XB1] Shadow Of Mordor (Warner Entertainment Japan) {2014.12.25} - 807 / NEW
[XB1] TitanFall (Electronic Arts) {2014.09.04} - 438 / 32.674
[XB1] Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Microsoft Japan) {2014.11.13} - 338 / 6.804

Calendar Year 2014 Best Selling Games

1. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Ganso/Honke (Level Five) {2014.07.10} - 3.049.964
  2. [3DS] Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby (Pokemon) {2014.11.21} - 2.466.917
  3. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4G (Capcom) {2014.10.11} - 2.387.589
  4. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi (Level Five) {2014.12.13} - 2.066.834
  5. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo) {2014.09.13} - 2.004.865
  6. [3DS] Yokai Watch (Level Five) {2013.07.11} - 996.301
  7. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} - 853.104
  8. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi (Square Enix) {2014.02.06} - 791.819
  9. [3DS] Kirby Triple Deluxe (Nintendo) {2014.01.11} - 641.171
  10. [3DS] Pazudora Z (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2013.12.12} - 522.728

SOFTWARE

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------
| Model | This Week | Week (%) |  FY 2014   | FY (%)  |
| 3DS   | 999.795   | 67.10%   | 18.951.193 | 59.10%  |
| Wii U | 182.585   | 8.10%    | 2.611.509  | 8.10%   |
| PS3   | 119.425   | 8.00%    | 4.501.350  | 14.00%  |
| Vita  | 117.083   | 7.90%    | 3.866.979  | 12.10%  |
| PS4   | 59.269    | 4.00%    | 1.422.649  | 4.40%   |
| PSP   | 8.180     | 0.50%    | 601.547    | 1.90%   |
| XB1   | 3.113     | 0.20%    | 115.271    | 0.40%   |
| Total | 1.489.450 | 100.00%  | 32.070.498 | 100.00% |

HARDWARE

Code:
------------------------------------------------------
| Model | This Week | Week (%) |  FY 2014  | FY (%)  |
| 3DS   | 189.880   | 60.50%   | 2.563.080 | 56.30%  |
| Wii U | 42.063    | 13.40%   | 479.401   | 10.50%  |
| Vita  | 38.037    | 12.10%   | 684.500   | 15.00%  |
| PS4   | 31.414    | 10.00%   | 482.868   | 10.60%  |
| PS3   | 11.215    | 3.60%    | 254.149   | 5.60%   |
| XB1   | 1.379     | 0.40%    | 43.771    | 1.00%   |
| PSP   | 27        | 0.00%    | 44.187    | 1.00%   |
| Total | 314.015   | 100.00%  | 4.551.956 | 100.00% |

*FY 2014 refers to the period from April 1. 2014 through March 31. 2015

Dengeki Sales: Week 51. 2014 (Dec 15 - Dec 21)

Dengeki Sales Archive
2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
PS4 outsold WiiU this holiday....did not expect that. It did 40-50k this week right?

It's basically all thanks to DQH's week, without that outlier Wii U would be higher. Still, the poor people's war.

duckroll

I don't think Brownies worked on Link!, as Level-5 had h.a.n.d complete it. Or do we have confirmation for Brownies involvement?

http://brownie-games.co.jp/

According to their site Fantasy Life Link was their first project, and the smartphone game Shooting Hero was their second project.

Remember, development isn't just programming and graphics. That's the sort of thing that they probably needed h.a.n.d. to work on since Brownies was just setting up shop, but since they designed the original game, it would make sense that they also handled the design and overall content supervision for the expansion as well.

sörine;146440181 said:
I think moving to PSV+3/4 development was already Falcom's backup for Vita cratering. And they did it awhile back, after Ys Celceta.
I think going multiplatform was more because it became a possibility when they ditched their inhouse engine for Sony's PhyreEngine.

sörine;146440181 said:
They probably would've been okay just jumping ship wholesale to 3DS, but they didn't. Not an uncommon story either really.
That would likely have meant writing a whole new game engine, which would have been a more costly and time-consuming endeavor.

CANLI

p&d z sold roughly 1.5m

Bought the game a few weeks ago.
I like the puzzle/dragon/rpg mix system.
But the fact you walk between towns is too gba-ish (or snes) . use the circle pad is not pratical at all. It is really a pain but battles are cool.
I'm sure the mario pazudora will be perfect

sörine

Banned
I think going multiplatform was more because it became a possibility when they ditched their inhouse engine for Sony's PhyreEngine.
I doubt that as Ys Celceta was also their first Phyre Engine project. If Vita was selling like PSP (and by extension it's games as well) I see little little need for Falcom to have bothered expanding beyond the platform.

That would likely have meant writing a whole new game engine, which would have been a more costly and time-consuming endeavor.
Not necessairily. Falcom's PSP engine could have run easily on the platform and been added to, and it could still support ports of their older Ys VI engine games. Even Phyre Engine can be ported to 3DS really, like it was 360. I don't think Falcom avoiding 3DS development is really an expense related issue.

CharlesDryMn

Neo Member
You seem very interested in me for some reason? Some may say disturbingly so based on your post above. And everyone knows my name as it is on Facebook and on every Youtube Video we have ever done. What is your actual name and identity? Stalking-like comments against someone who just writes a bit about the media and hardly posts at all other than to offer words of support in the Agony section is quite worrying actually.

If this is such a bad place to be then why are you wasting your time posting on it?
is a self appointed and obsessed so called media critic

Top Bottom