• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2015 (Feb 16 - Feb 22)

sörine

Banned
I don't see any issue adding the bundle pre-sales to DQH PS4 totals (depending on tracker accounting). It's similar to the pre-release Wii Fit U sales from the family bundles, only Nintendo let you play it right away rather than waiting for the official Feb release.

sörine;154400977 said:
I don't see any issue adding the bundle pre-sales to DQH PS4 totals (depending on tracker accounting). It's similar to the pre-release Wii Fit U sales from the family bundles, only Nintendo let you play it right away rather than waiting for the official Feb release.

Well they have to be reported somewhere since download cards were sold and not reported as game sale in 2014.

duckroll

Afaik they would include it to the first week's sales, but we'll see.

I believe that they include bundle sales once a game is released. So any DQH PS4 bundles which were sold last week will be included into the first week sales numbers for DQH PS4. But DQH PS4 bundles sold before the game was released will not be included in the first week sales. They might be retroactively added to the LTD though. I can't really recall a single instance where a console bundle with a game was sold months before the game itself was released... lol.

crinale

I think that they accept it, but rather argue that the same thing can be said about pre-orders as well, and that its not that big of a deal if those numbers are added to the 1st week sales. Its definitelly true that a pre-order doesnt always lead to a sale as you mention, indeed, but its also true that many follow through with their pre-orders, and then the sale could technically have been done before the 1st week tracking period.

In Japan some stores do require you to pay in advance upon pre-ordering (namely Yodobashi like I did) so that really doesn't make it any different from that limited edition lol.

I believe that they include bundle sales once a game is released. So any DQH PS4 bundles which were sold last week will be included into the first week sales numbers for DQH PS4. But DQH PS4 bundles sold before the game was released will not be included in the first week sales. They might be retroactively added to the LTD though. I can't really recall a single instance where a console bundle with a game was sold months before the game itself was released... lol.

Fair enough, so they may not count it toward first week's sales. We'll find out in like 20 hrs anyway I guess.

test_account

XP-39C²
In Japan some stores do require you to pay in advance upon pre-ordering (namely Yodobashi like I did) so that really doesn't make it any different from that limited edition lol.
I see. Just wondering, is it easy to cancel such pre-order? But yeah, as long as someone follow through with a pre-order like that, it would be an early sale indeed.

hiska-kun

Did either tracker indicate how much the bundles had sold?

Media Create reported its first week.
We're hoping for LTD sales in next week's comment.

[PS4] PlayStation 4 Dragon Quest Heroes Edition <H-W> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2014.12.11} (¥53.978) - 38.000 / NEW

Famitsu could include them or not, or maybe they will include them as digital in their monthly Top 30.

duckroll

The week that the DQH PS4 LE was released, the PS4 jumped from 15k to 68k. It stayed at 30-40k for a few weeks after that before dropping back down to ~10-20k. So that's all we have to go on I think, but it does seem likely that they would have sold at least 50k of the bundle.

Media Create reported its first week.
We're hoping for LTD sales in next week's comment.

[PS4] PlayStation 4 Dragon Quest Heroes Edition <H-W> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2014.12.11} (¥53.978) - 38.000 / NEW

Famitsu could include them or not, or maybe they will include them as digital in their monthly Top 30.

Oh that's even better. Thanks.

Busaiku

Yeah, including the bundle, I think the ratio's actually gonna be pretty favorable for PS4, all things considered.
1.5:1 seems like a pretty good bet.

crinale

I see. Just wondering, is it easy to cancel such pre-order? But yeah, as long as someone follow through with a pre-order like that, it would be an early sale indeed.

As of Yodobashi they'll refund whatever you have paid for, so it isn't difficult in any means.
Many are saying this is to prevent scalpers from pre-ordering things in volumes (not limited to games btw), just to be cancelled after release date if items aren't that hot in e-bay.

sörine

Banned
Yeah, including the bundle, I think the ratio's actually gonna be pretty favorable for PS4, all things considered.
1.5:1 seems like a pretty good bet.
First week yes but I feel like it might negatively impact the optics of DQH legs on PS4. PS3 multiplatform games tend to have stronger legs than PS4 versions anyway and this could make DQH PS4 appear even more heavily frontloaded.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Its also the same as Knack.

Knack is the best selling ps4 game in Japan (400k) despite it being bundled as digital download with PS4.

So of course the PS4 Metal Slime units contribute towards DQH sales

test_account

XP-39C²
As of Yodobashi they'll refund whatever you have paid for, so it isn't difficult in any means.
Many are saying this is to prevent scalpers from pre-ordering things in volumes (not limited to games btw), just to be cancelled after release date if items aren't that hot in e-bay.
I understand, thanks for the info. It could be a smart thing to charge full price for a pre-order, yeah.

My power level is 530.000 units

873ddfc9.png

So its around 550k-600k FW. Interesting to see how its legs will be. It would need exceptional legs to reach 1 million or a really good second week.

It also has a good chance of outselling OP Musou.

530k sales I woulds say the split would be 330k PS3 and 200k PS4 ( 250k PS4 if bundle copies are included).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What comes to mind in a hypothetical scenario:
SaGa 2015 (engine limited, and likely intended to be ported to PS4).
This actually I'd put down to overall corporate strategy, specifically in regards to technology.

To my understanding, SaGa is an internally developed game, and just about every internally developed Square Enix game for mobile and handhelds seems to use Unity now. Even Mevius is doing so and that team last worked with their inhouse Crystal Tools engine.

I suspect we'll see at least one more internal Square Enix game show up on Vita using the engine that might be posed to this same question if asked again a year from now.

ImageEpoch: Luminous Arc (had a decent franchise on DS, strategy games of the sort have seen success on the 3DS but only IntSys with FE and, soon, STEAM, seem to be feed the audience.)

To expand on the latter, I find it very weird that a series like LA, which as far as I am aware did decently well with the DS audience, moved not to its successor where, in theory, its audience would have moved (and seemingly has, given the strong success of FE:Awakening) but to the Vita.

This one is developed by Marvelous internally actually, but how should I put this...

The newer screenshots suggest it's a... uh... Vita-type audience game.

I also wonder why Falcom never makes 3DS games (of which I am aware?).

They seem to work on a pretty narrow platform set, and they're using part of a tech stack that was only designed for Sony platforms. They don't even port those games to PC despite that being their old primary platform and one they've even had recent success on, so I don't think they feel they have the capacity to port the engine to unsupported platforms.

The week that the DQH PS4 LE was released, the PS4 jumped from 15k to 68k. It stayed at 30-40k for a few weeks after that before dropping back down to ~10-20k. So that's all we have to go on I think, but it does seem likely that they would have sold at least 50k of the bundle.

don't forget it was December, so winter holidays might have affected some PS4 sales, the spike was not caused only by DQH bundle I think
I mean, in late December all system sales grow up

don't forget it was December, so winter holidays might have affected some PS4 sales, the spike was not caused only by DQH bundle I think
I mean, in late December all system sales grow up

We already know 38k was from DQ bundle so another 12k accounting to some of those weeks would not be surprising.

Takao

Banned
This one is developed by Marvelous internally actually, but how should I put this...

Luminous Arc Infinity is developed by Felistella. They did the three Neptunia PS3 conversions/remakes on Vita.

Unless I've missed something, the game itself looks no more risque than the DS entries or some of the costumes in Bravely Default. : /

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Luminous Arc Infinity is developed by Felistella. They did the three Neptunia PS3 conversions/remakes on Vita.

Unless I've missed something, the game itself looks no more risque than the DS entries or some of the costumes in Bravely Default. : /

Let me get home from work and link the image or two I ran into.

My bad on the developer part. I couldn't find anyone else listed anywhere.

it's ok, we know what you mean ( &#861;° &#860;&#662;&#865;°)

also PS4 continues marching on worldwide

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

Ssh... we must protect the young ones playing Youkai Watch on 3DS. They may be scarred xD

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Let me get home from work and link the image or two I ran into.

My bad on the developer part. I couldn't find anyone else listed anywhere.

All right, I feel that given this is what the promotional art is like, it's relatively easy to imagine where this might go later that fits Vita demographics:

http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/l...4/Luminous-Arc-Infinity_2014_09-18-14_004.jpg

http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/l...4/Luminous-Arc-Infinity_2014_09-18-14_011.jpg

All right, I feel that given this is what the promotional art is like, it's relatively easy to imagine where this might go later that fits Vita demographics:

http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/l...4/Luminous-Arc-Infinity_2014_09-18-14_004.jpg

http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/l...4/Luminous-Arc-Infinity_2014_09-18-14_011.jpg

just typed in luminous arc 2 on google images and the images are kind of the same.....and that was a DS game right?

Does it get any worse? I have to say the art style is very nice.

It seems Atelier Rorona + for 3DS has been delayed...?

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/43649756.html#more

I'd say "how", looking at the production values in the game, but I think that's probably a smart move given what the previous release date was.

I'm still surprised some of the smaller stuff releasing on that date doesn't get delayed, but I guess they all want to get their games out before the end of the fiscal year.

How much? I don't know much about these games but looking at the characters from the previous game I don't see a big difference to the Vita game.

Luminous Arc always had girls with generous cleavage, but I don't remember them being the focus of the promotional material nor them in bikinis. Infinity looks way worse in this aspect but after all time changed and now it's more common to have this kinds of stuffs, in particular on PSV.

Luminous Arc always had girls with generous cleavage, but I don't remember them being the focus of the promotional material nor them in bikinis. Infinity looks way worse in this aspect but after all time changed and now it's more common to have this kinds of stuffs, in particular on PSV.

I'm seeing more than just cleavage in Luminous arc 2 as well as there being racy swimsuits. Again I'm not really seeing the difference.

monpiece

Banned
Luminous Arc always had women in sexy clothes, focus on cleavage, innuendos and even a perv character reminding the player how pretty and wonderful the witches are.

L~A

Media Create:

PS4 46,139
Vita 23,619
New3DS LL 22,620
PS3 8,926
New3DS 8,515
Wii U 6,606
3DS 2,795
3DS LL 2,666
Vita TV 838
Xbox One 703

DQH PS3: 325 k
DQH PS4: 269k (includes bundle)

So good PS4/PS3 split, but PS4 sales actually lower than expectations?

Spiegel

If previous DQ sales from the bundle are not included, that would put the game at ~632k + PSN downloads + sales from the bundle from the second week until now.

Really good debut for the game and impressive ratio between PS3 and PS4.

raven777

If previous DQ sales from the bundle are not included, that would put the game at ~632k + PSN downloads + sales from the bundle from the second week until now.

Really good debut for the game and impressive ratio between PS3 and PS4.

I think the DQ bundle sales are not included here.

Top Bottom