• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2015 (Feb 16 - Feb 22)

Mario007

I'm talking about hardware sales ;)
I think they are ok since we have another 36000 ps4s at least specifically bought for this game already. I think the market was gradually preparing for its arrival and so the ps4 jump is not so high.

L~A

Wait. So, this means that last year's bundles are included in PS4 total for DQH?

That's what Media Create says:

ドラゴンクエストヒーローズ 闇竜と世界樹の城(同梱版含む)

Includes bundles sold this week or all the bundles sold until now?

Because only the former would make sense in a sales report for this week.
i don't know why they would only count this weeks bundles sales only

and if its counting all bundle sales it is too low

no idea really

Darius

Banned
Oops forgot to mention the DQH PS4 number includes bundles.

Really? Ok, Media Create are known to count software from bundles, it is just a bit more complicated in this case due to a different launch-dates. It seems that the argument for this is to simplify the tracking, despite at the same time beeing less informative and precise in my opinion.

It would have been more informative if they listed both, the actual retail sales this week and the lifetime sales including bundles.

Kyoufu

That's a solid first week tbh. Going to be interesting to see if it has any legs to reach One Piece Musou's LTD.

L~A

Hmm.... looks like Chris got some connection problem again? Hope this get fixed soon, must be really annoying for him : /

In the mean time.... hiska-kun, I summon you!

allan-bh

Really? that´s interesting, that´s something I didn´t expect and also disagree with for the reasons I mentioned yesterday. But it seems that the argument to simplify the tracking, despite at the same time beeing less informative and precise in my opinion.

Pretty sure they will inform bundle sales

Paxem

Banned
Media Create:

PS4 46,139
Vita 23,619
New3DS LL 22,620
PS3 8,926
New3DS 8,515
Wii U 6,606
3DS 2,795
3DS LL 2,666
Vita TV 838
Xbox One 703

DQH PS3: 325 k
DQH PS4: 269k (includes bundle)

So good PS4/PS3 split, but PS4 sales actually lower than expectations?

almost 600k for DQH and it's not even a main game in the series?!! isn't this too high or am I mistaken? if this is true then this incredible in a country where consoles are almost dead

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So how often did the WiiU sold more than 40k a week outside of the launch and holiday seasons ?

Eolz

Really good for DQH, but those hardware sales are probably disappointing for Sony
and some people here

noobie

Banned
almost 600k for a DQH and it's not even a main game in the series?!! isn't this too high or am I mistaken? if this is true then this incredible in a country where consoles is almost dead

does this means that game sold through first shipment and then some?
Should we expect some legs to reach a Million?

SgtCobra

Based Dragon Quest doing it's work.

does this means that game sold through first shipment and then some?
Should we expect some legs to reach a Million?
I thought it's initial shipment was around 500k?
But to answer your second queston, ai think it will settle around 800k at most I guess.

hiska-kun

Not official, but going with the 530.000 units report. That means bundles were 64k.

I guess on friday Media Create will confirm it.

almost 600k for a DQH and it's not even a main game in the series?!! isn't this too high or am I mistaken? if this is true then this incredible in a country where consoles are almost dead

A Dragon Quest Musou title ? How is that surprising ?

Eolz

Really? Dissapointing for Sony? How so?

There was a bundle in december so we can't judge this week alone.

Oh I know, but around 50k for the first big japanese game they're truly getting is disappointing. I've seen people predict higher than that, and it obviously won't stay at this level, nor the drop will be relatively slow.
It's still "good" however, don't get me wrong.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Not official, but going with the 530.000 units report. That means bundles were 64k.

I guess on friday Media Create will confirm it.

Well, the leaks have always been very, very accurate, so...

In that case, going by MC numbers, it's more like

PS3 - 325,000
PS4 - 205,000
PS4 (bundle from December) - 64,000

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
great debut for DQH, now let's aim at the million mark.
great response for PS4 hw numbers too.
3DS and Vita hold well.

Bruno MB

[3DS] Nanatsu no Taizai: The Seven Deadly Sins - Unjust Sin <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.02.11} (¥6.145) - 28.253 / NEW <80-100%>
[3DS] Nanatsu no Taizai: The Seven Deadly Sins - Unjust Sin <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.02.11} (¥6.145) - 1.863 / 30.116 <80-100%> (-93%)
[3DS] Nanatsu no Taizai: The Seven Deadly Sins - Unjust Sin <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.02.11} (¥6.145) - 7.006 / 37.122 <80-100%> (+276%)

eFKac

Very good opening for DQH and a fantastic split for the PS4.
Was expecting 5-10k more on the hardware front but still not bad, and the baseline should be strong throughout April at least.

noobie

Banned
Well, the leaks have always been very, very accurate, so...

In that case, going by MC numbers, it's more like

PS3 - 325,000
PS4 - 205,000
PS4 (bundle from December) - 64,000

are you saying every single copy of the DQ got sold over the weekend?

What if the bundles were only 50k and there was a second shipment?

Shengar

I just look at that DQH number for both platform
a34qsag.gif

Top Bottom