• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaton Musashi Will Be Released 11/11/21 in Japan for PS4, Switch, New Trailer

NanaMiku

Level-5 just released new trailer for Megaton Musashi, their newest cross media project.

The game is gonna be released November 11th, 2021 in Japan (same day as Shin Megami Tensei V) for PS4 and Switch.

The game looks like an evolution of their previous games, Danbooru Senki/LBX. Kinda worried for the mecha part system, I hope it's not gacha system.

The anime will start on October 1st, 2021

Last edited:

Quasicat

Saw the title, thought it was another Brave Fencer Musashi, watched the video…

south park sad panda GIF

ranmafan

I’ve had a strange curiosity for this game ever since it was announced what feels like ages ago. Since it’s a mecha game especially, I’ll be getting it, but I wonder what happened to the planned PS5 version annouced last year? I guess they realized there was no need for it. Even though I will get it I’m keeping expectations very low. Level 5 has been making a heck of a lot more mistakes than good decisions these days.

CamHostage

Reminds me of a previous Level-5 franchise, the Little Battlers eXperience games, can't tell if this is a side-game in LBX or a new franchise that has a lot of similarities? (and characters? I don't know much about Danbal Senki but I know it had somebody named Musashi in it.)

Looks okay for Switch, obviously not what everybody wants of course for Level-5 to be doing with its time (and their efforts to make multimedia franchises has been iffy,) but could be fun.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I agree, SMT5 will get obliterated by this game.
And so, Atlus will have to lay off a ton of people and put SMT in the freezer.
Someone STOP this game from being released, PLEASE
Why do you think that? SMT is stablished series and it’s popular in Japan.

ranmafan

Isn't bad idea releasing this game same day as SMT5?

Lets be honest here, when was the last time Level 5 made a good decision on any of its releases in Japan? Their release decisions and just handling of even their biggest properties (like the flooding the market with Yokai Watch so quickly that they killed the huge momentum that had with that franchise.) I'm also surprised this game's tied in anime is airing late at night. I mean that's kind of weird for something that is mostly kids based. I know I'm going to enjoy what it is and all, but yeah releasing the game on the same day as SMTV, releasing its anime late at night, and still having released so little information on the game over the years doesn't give me too much confidence that this new cross media project will take off. Most likely it will be another Snack World where it was forgotten almost as soon as it came out. And yeah, no matter what, SMT5 comes first for me.

Last edited:

ranmafan

God, I forgot about that.

And apparently Level 5 forgot about Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy
They forget about pretty much all of them. Unless it’s a huge success where they release so much of it makes people sick of it. They had the ultimate gaming Golden ticket with Yokai Watch and then they destroyed that spectacularly. Franchise went from scaring and threatening pokemon here in Japan to being hated by almost everyone in no time.

Aion002

Can you elaborate on this?
Well, Miyamoto Musashi is arguably one of the most (if not the most) famous Samurai.

For Ps1 fans (like others have mentioned): there's the classic Brave Fencer Musashi.

In Yakuza Kenzan, Kazuma plays the role of Musashi and many of Musashi battles were recreated in game, including his famous duel against Sasaki Kojiro. Yay a reason to post Kenzan awesome opening!

For manga fans there's the renowned series Vagabond.

Also, there was the Yamato-class battleship Musashi, that was sunk during the WWII.

NanaMiku

Reminds me of a previous Level-5 franchise, the Little Battlers eXperience games, can't tell if this is a side-game in LBX or a new franchise that has a lot of similarities? (and characters? I don't know much about Danbal Senki but I know it had somebody named Musashi in it.)

Looks okay for Switch, obviously not what everybody wants of course for Level-5 to be doing with its time (and their efforts to make multimedia franchises has been iffy,) but could be fun.
It's a new franchise, but the gameplay looks quite similar to LBX but more expanded.

killatopak

Gold Member
Okay, this got my attention.

Pretty much any mecha will get my attention though. Hopefully it’s good.

This, Relayer and SRW30 this year and we mecha fans are eating.

Top Bottom