• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men over 40 (tell me about your bellies)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'm lifting up my shirt slowly. You can see a thin sliver of pink flesh sparsely covered in thin soft black hairs. You can see my inverted heart shaped soft belly fat below a small delicate innie belly button Further up there is the outline of strong abdominal muscles through a thin layer of soft warm flesh. I start massaging my belly shifting the doughy flesh over my hard abs.

Is this doing it for you OP?

Pagusas

Elden Member
At that age, I'd consider TRT. Been doing it for 10 years straight now, feel like a God 24/7.
115kg and still lean. Iit all depends on the diet.
Ive considered looking into that, got details and ideas on how to best start that research rabbit hole?

Kenpachii

I'm 42 and the best I can look now from weightlifting and general fitness type stuff is fat THOR.

I just can't shift my belly fat.

f2d0Oj9.jpg

That's basically my body figure at this point, will fix it within 4 months tho. need to lose like 30kilo or something, could lose it within a month if i wanted too, but shit will hang then, so going to take my time for it. 15 kilo this month, 2 months steady, 15 more month after it, already lost 11 kilo so almost done for the month.

Training like a boss tho, 1 hour str, 2 hours cardio every single day, sometimes skip str to prevent injury add 1 hour cardio with it. Also eating carrots with salsa dip in between, apples, and some sugar bread in the morning small pieces / midday + salad evening and more apples, that will do it.

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
That's basically my body figure at this point, will fix it within 4 months tho. need to lose like 30kilo or something, could lose it within a month if i wanted too, but shit will hang then, so going to take my time for it. 15 kilo this month, 2 months steady, 15 more month after it, already lost 11 kilo so almost done for the month.

Training like a boss tho, 1 hour str, 2 hours cardio every single day, sometimes skip str to prevent injury add 1 hour cardio with it. Also eating carrots with salsa dip in between, apples, and some sugar bread in the morning small pieces / midday + salad evening and more apples, that will do it.
That's alot of fructose....

Regardless, if you are fat Thor body type, you can afford to not have everything dialed in.

But congratulations on your progress! Doing great.

Raven117

Gold Member
I tried TRT as my % was slightly under norm and within a few days I wanted to HULK SMASH everything. Total global destruction without remorse. I talked with my doc and went off of it. Am happier and am fine with how things fall. Instead of bulking up I'm going lean fit... trim yoga strength versus gym super flex.
This made me laugh.

I have also come to this conclusion. At 40, I'm just not going for bulk. I don't want to eat that much. I love cardio. I don't like lifting that much.

But trimming off the fat (very close to a standing 6-pack...have one if I turn right or in certain light), hitting the gym 4 times a week (but not going full on beast mode), cardio 3 to 4 times a week (HIIT and stead state), being flexible, being weird "yoga strong" (which I've recently got into and really enjoy it)...Is such a good way (and sustainable) way to be.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

michael cera bread GIF

Get a wheat and or gluten allergy and you'll be slimming down in no time... Alternatively avoid eating carbs, not completely, just reduce by like 90%

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I am starting to wonder if I've had an underactive thyroid, because I have some of the symptoms and one of them is difficulty losing weight.

Now, some might even describe me as skinny. But I can not shake my gut, despite intermittent fasting most days, walking at least 30 minutes a day, and doing light indoor exercise quite consistently over the last handful of years.

Sure, I eat sweets sometimes and my one meal a day is a big one, but still...I'd sort of imagine that I'd be toothpick thin. From the years of eating one meal a day, if nothing else.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

That's alot of fructose....

Regardless, if you are fat Thor body type, you can afford to not have everything dialed in.

But congratulations on your progress! Doing great.

Yea sometimes i switch a few apples and the sugar bread up with bread and ham.

I'm 40 and the last few years have been bad, but all through my 20s and mid to late 30s I was an exercise fiend. I think putting the work in back then is helping me now

Ownage

I am starting to wonder if I've had an underactive thyroid, because I have some of the symptoms and one of them is difficulty losing weight.

Now, some might even describe me as skinny. But I can not shake my gut, despite intermittent fasting most days, walking at least 30 minutes a day, and doing light indoor exercise quite consistently over the last handful of years.

Sure, I eat sweets sometimes and my one meal a day is a big one, but still...I'd sort of imagine that I'd be toothpick thin. From the years of eating one meal a day, if nothing else.
I've had Hashimoto's since I was 20. It's hard at 44 to drop weight. Speak with your doc and get tested. Get on a thyroid supplement if need be so you don't get lethargic, and later, depressed. Not worth it, man. Go get tested and get it fixed.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Getting flatter erry day.

Had loose skin removed 9 a 10 years ago, gave me a super ultra turbo complex. But it didnt turned out well.

Haven't swum in all those years. Fun times.

I'd rather have a belly than this shit

This year (I count years from summer to summer lol) I'll make an effort to perhaps redo it or something.

Last edited:

Ironbunny

I started my belly removal process 2 months ago. I've always done cardio so mostly only thing I changed was not to eat sugars and bread. I have cheat day once in two weeks but other that I keep the sugars away and eat lots of meat and greens. Oh and no potatos which is tough for a Finn.

So far lost 8kg and it seems to be from the belly area. Winter coming I will also star hit the gym in a month or two.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I stopped the calorie shakers, and I’ve been cutting on food and managed to take 2 quilos off in a month but that belly is getting hard to get back into shape. Bear in mind I workout 6 times a week with a mix of CrossFit and gym. With the pandemic, I barely touched my bike and I just don’t walk as much anymore so I’m sure that also has an impact. We won’t go back to the office so I’ll be WFH indefinitely.
You need to do cardio and drop weight, also burn fat. Go running.

OZ9000

Banned
At that age, I'd consider TRT. Been doing it for 10 years straight now, feel like a God 24/7.
115kg and still lean. Iit all depends on the diet.
What's your regimen? How is it affecting your hematocrit, lipid profile and blood pressure?

Chozoldman

Banned
I'm 47, (yes...i know...look at my user name). My gut isn't huge, but my issue has never been my belly. I carry excess weight in my love handles and thighs, have my whole life.

But I'm not trying to impress anyone...oh, eho am i kidding...I will try to drop some lbs before spring. 😂

Top Bottom