• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mental Health |AT| GAF

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
all my friends and family have moved on or died, it's just me now and i'm feeling stuck where i am with no personal connections to anyone

dunno what i'm gonna do, maybe join the military once and for all, roam the earth for a couple months, live in the sprawl or become a farm hand somewhere

i'm tired of the industry, it was fun in my twenties but the hours were miserable and my own projects suffered

couldn't ask for a better den of cunts, thanks for keeping the lights on
Your family up here in MI is a PM away, Tess, should the need ever arise.

I didn't know where else to post and didn't want to make a whole thread.....

Like I said in a thread I made about three or so weeks ago things were going bad for me and well things got worse.

I haven't been here in about a week. My phone is pretty much dead. It won't hold a charge and it freezes on me constantly. I've tried everything and nothing helps. It's an old phone but died.

What sucks I no longer really have Internet access as a result as it was my only way of going online.

I cannot afford a new phone even though all I need is another "budget" phone from MetroPCS and can't even afford next month's bill.

To add insult to injury, my dad is getting more sick but it's on and off with him. Some days are better than others.

I'm also dry on my pantoprazole so my heartburn is off the walls and can't even afford to get to my physician.

Things are going south and I can't sleep barely.

I'm really hating life right now. I have to use my father's phone to "check in" here and my email.

(Edot: also yeah thanks politicians for bickering and not getting 2nd stimulus passed yet)

So just in case anyone wondered where I am, well now you know.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

been doing much better since i got on medical marijauna. but its not the answer to all my mental/emotional issues, and i knew that gong into it. i think now its time to take another step and get back into a healthy diet and exercise routine. its the one thing ive been missing for about the last year, and i planned on starting again earlier this year, however COVID came along and all the gyms shut down (or at least that was my excuse 🤷‍♂️ )

i feel like i had a lot more that i wanted to spit out here but thats all i can muster. just trying to stay positive and get back into a better routine. the one im in now is pretty flimsy. been taking a little too much time off work and practicing my instruments. wish me luck

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
My son has low muscle tone and sees a PT 3 times a week. My wife went part time when I changed jobs because she wanted to be with the kids. I’m ok most of the time, but it’s been super stressful lately. He’s improving and we get the impression that he’s improving. It’s just super hard because a lot of kids walk at this age (16 months). He can sit, but he falls. He can crawl, but it’s army crawling. We have equipment and for the time he’s awake we are doing exercises with him. I’m the person who gets him back to sleep and wakes up with him. I can’t complain about it because my wife does her part while I’m not here. Sometimes it feels super unfair. Once he’s asleep it’s like we both have time to ourselves. Things should be easier as they get older, but for the moment it’s all about going to PT. My wife has been playing Ghost of Tsushima after I finished it. We play when everyone asleep. We eat right and we are moderately active people. I can definitely see why some couples separate after having kids. My mom hasn’t even met my son because she doesn’t like who I married. There’s zero support from my side. I haven’t spoken to my sister in 4 years.

On top of it all. My step daughter’s dad cheated on his new wife and they just had a kid together. He was involved with a girl 3 months after they got married and they have only been together for a year. He’s only living there because she can’t do it alone. She didn’t name their kid with his last name. It’s frustrating because it’s probably going to break her heart when her step mom isn’t around on the weekends.

Still going through ups and downs but mainly worried about money. Now that a Stimulus direct deposit doesn't seem likely anymore, I'm worried how I'm going to pay my bills. I had to get help just to get a new phone as my old one was on the verge of dying completely.

People around me are all on edge to. I try not to leave my house as little as possible due to people's attitudes and my dad being very ill, where his days are sometimes better than others.

I'm also dealing with bad heartburn and the only thing that helps is Pantoprazole, which I can't even afford a bus trip to my doctor to see if I can get a prescription.

Then there's generally what others would consider petty. People I once was close to and really who I found out were saying bad things about me and when I confronted them, ended up making my online life kind of a hell (they were and then became even more popular and used their "fans" to turn against me) but that was back in 2019 but still really hurts me.

My more immediate concerns though are my financial situation, my mental health and my dad's physical health. I do care for him and do a better job than the in-home hospice nurses.

So it's just a roller coaster. Literally at this moment I don't feel too bad but overall I'm trying to keep my head up but it's hard.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
COVID feels like it’s creeping up on me. My mind is worrying about it when I’m not even thinking about it. I was at a gas station and it felt eerie. It felt like a gas explosion before the explosion, like COVID was there. I’ve never feared catching something and even if I did it felt controllable. I can’t imagine how people are mentally digesting what’s going on. I have been working at various places during this epidemic and it’s just starting to dawn on me. I get this feeling of being vulnerable and I go into this internal panic mode.

Another up and down week for me. On top of everything I'm worried about the dog as well as my own physical help. I don't even have money to do anything, even as simple as taking a bus to the doctor.

I have to say this and I know it might be upsetting or anger people here, but if it weren't for video games I'd have ended it all a long time back.

I don't see anything worth living for except gaming. I feel everyone has abandoned me, and for sure people I even had feelings for.

Combined with all the pandemic and rioting and so on, I'm just sick.

And before anyone mentions it, yes I've already avoided news as much as I can and deactivated Twitter.

Also a big "fuck you" to the politicians on all sides for fucking the people over and holding up any chance of a stimulus within the next month or two, if at all.

That fucks me over considering my current situation and I'm sure a lot of other people.

Another stimulus at least meant me paying my next phone bill in September just days away from my birthday.

I have a seething hatred of all these pieces of shit and their dumb vacations.

Last edited:

Tuff McNutt

You may want to talk with your phone provider. Some companies are giving discounts, lower payments, etc. due to COVID. I got payments on a credit card deferred for a couple of months. Generally, companies are willing to work with you, because bills going to debt collectors will get them less money in the long run.

And for the bus, I'm not sure if you have something similar in your area, but here in Minneapolis, the transit system has a free/reduced fare card for people that meet certain employment/income requirements.

You may want to talk with your phone provider. Some companies are giving discounts, lower payments, etc. due to COVID. I got payments on a credit card deferred for a couple of months. Generally, companies are willing to work with you, because bills going to debt collectors will get them less money in the long run.

And for the bus, I'm not sure if you have something similar in your area, but here in Minneapolis, the transit system has a free/reduced fare card for people that meet certain employment/income requirements.
I'm not on a contract. It's pre-paid so they don't care. If you can't pay on the scheduled date, they turn you off. Most they'll do is give you an extra two days of phone service without data (i.e. Internet)

I can't even afford reduced fair fwiw. I'm down to $1.32 in my bank account right now. There is/was a free pick up service for those on Medicaid but everytime I used them, they were late or never showed up and I'd have to reschedule my appointment. It was trash.

Last edited:
Rough week for me as well, not even anything concrete to complain about. Just the uncertainties of life post covid hitting hard. Got a lasting headache throughout the week. I can't sleep, it's 3:30 am here and I just can't turn off my brain. Fear I'm going to die out of nowhere lol but I know shit will be alright. Saw a picture of some "friends" I had in the past and those were bad friends. The past I can't let go. But I need to and I will.

2020 is officially a grind until the vaccine saves us. Hang in there my friends. We're all in this together baby.

betrayal

Banned
2020 is officially a grind until the vaccine saves us. Hang in there my friends. We're all in this together baby.

2020 has been a fantastic year so far and I am certainly not the only one who thinks so. The reason it's a shitty year for you is certainly not COVID-19.

The most important thing you can ever learn in life is that you don't always determine everything that happens to you or around you. But you always, without exception, decide how you react to it. When you understand this, and i mean really understand it, then you also begin to realize what power you have to shape your own life according to your own beliefs or ideas.
There is no magical guidance or fate that dictates it all. Exactly where you stand in life right now, it's all your own fault and responsibility. If you're happy with your life, congratulations. You made the right choices. Are you unhappy with your life? Get better and make better choices.

Last edited:
2020 has been a fantastic year so far and I am certainly not the only one who thinks so. The reason it's a shitty year for you is certainly not COVID-19.

You're half right about this friend. Any issues I'm currently facing were there before, it wasn't created by the covid. However, it's understandable to feel more anxious than usual with the current situation, at least here where I live. I'm asthmatic, so I'm working from home and I barely go outside. There are days I don't even see the sun. I also have OCD, so I'm tripping balls with the stuff in my house. It sucks and I just want it to end.

betrayal

Banned
You're half right about this friend. Any issues I'm currently facing were there before, it wasn't created by the covid. However, it's understandable to feel more anxious than usual with the current situation, at least here where I live. I'm asthmatic, so I'm working from home and I barely go outside. There are days I don't even see the sun. I also have OCD, so I'm tripping balls with the stuff in my house. It sucks and I just want it to end.

What does asthma and COVID-19 have to do with you just being at home? The chance of getting infected is almost zero and you can always go out by yourself, be it to do sports, just go for a walk or to get some fresh air. It rather seems to me that your current situation (COVID-19 + asthma) gives you, as surely rather insecure person, a simple excuse not to act or just go out.

What have you done so far to deal with your OCD better? Cognitive behavioral therapies? What is the cause (spoiler: check you parents/childhood)? Mild to moderate OCD has never stopped anyone from taking control of their life. Sure, I don't know you in detail, but up to now you always just gave up taking responsibility or blamed your life on your circumstances or health problems.
If you haven't noticed, your asthma and COVID-19 have created a self-reinforcing vicious circle for your OCD. You can't go outside, which of course isn't true at all, and this makes your OCD worse. As I said I don't know you, but I don't need to know that this is how your last years went. You do not have any drastic illnesses with which you could not become more fulfilled and more happy than 99.9% of the other healthy people on this planet. What's that old saying again? Some people dance in the rain, other just get wet. You're already wet, so why not start dancing?

Last edited:
What does asthma and COVID-19 have to do with you just being at home? The chance of getting infected is almost zero and you can always go out by yourself, be it to do sports, just go for a walk or to get some fresh air. It rather seems to me that your current situation (COVID-19 + asthma) gives you, as surely rather insecure person, a simple excuse not to act or just go out.

I'm confused friend, are you a doctor? Because it was my pulmonologist who told me to work from home and until second order that's what I'll do. And I think I expressed myself poorly, I do get out sometimes, be it to get groceries or meet my girlfriend. I just try to avoid it as much as I can since my pulmonologist told to me to be extra careful and shit.

What have you done so far to deal with your OCD better? Cognitive behavioral therapies? What is the cause (spoiler: check you parents/childhood)? Mild to moderate OCD has never stopped anyone from taking control of their life. Sure, I don't know you in detail, but up to now you always just gave up taking responsibility or blamed your life on your circumstances or health problems.
If you haven't noticed, your asthma and COVID-19 have created a self-reinforcing vicious circle for your OCD. You can't go outside, which of course isn't true at all, and this makes your OCD worse. As I said I don't know you, but I don't need to know that this is how your last years went. You do not have any drastic illnesses with which you could not become more fulfilled and more happy than 99.9% of the other healthy people on this planet. What's that old saying again? Some people dance in the rain, other just get wet. You're already wet, so why not start dancing?

My OCD is hereditary, although it's a bit iffy to trace it. My aunt has it and then we're not sure on the rest of the family as this diagnosis wasn't that common 40-50 years ago. I take medications for it, didn't have great results with therapy. I do appreciate you taking the time to talk about this with me, and you're right, I came off a bit too negative and I try not to be that person. Last week was a bit shitty for me mentally, but now it's in the past. This week won't be shit, I really believe in that support group thing of "just for today" although it's my neanderthal interpretation of it. I was down for a few days, but today that won't be the case.

That being said, come on bro, we need a vaccine lol. I don't know how things are where you live, but here in Brazil it's absolutely FUBAR.

Well more great news.

Besides having to resort to food banks and already having bad experiences with that (see here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/bare-foot-wine.1561267/post-259767777) I now also lost my buspirone prescription.

Turns out I dropped in the house and my lovely little dachshund ran off with it, chewed up the bottle and my pills were all dispersed outside where she does her business.

So I called my psychiatrist. Actually just receptionist and told them my situation and if I can get a new fill to cover me until the 9th or 10th of September.

So the receptionist saya she'll "leave a note regarding the request" to the psychiatrist. Meanwhile I'm without one of my meds and nobody so far has called in the pharmacy. This is how you get treated on Medicaid because you're just viewed as a lowlife who cannot afford insurance.

Edit: love it too how their lines is always busy.

I really don't feel good at this very moment.

Last edited:
To add injury to insult, I was able to get my buspirone today except....

I had to chase down my doctor and then the pharmacy who screwed up by not checking the voice messaging. When I finally got all taken I was told my meds would be ready by 2pm but they weren't ready until 2:45 pm.

And it gets better.

I gad to pay $4 to get them because it's an early refill.

Now I wouldn't have been upset about this except nobody at the pharmacy or psychiatrist told me this is advance AND I have literally have almost nothing to my name. I have $1.32 in my bank account.

I had to return home and borrow $4 ($5 because they didn't have small change) from a neighbor I know a couple houses down.

All this while going back in 115 degree heat here in Vegas.

Fuck everything. I'm livid.

Tesseract

Banned
tumblr_osrf5dKB4z1rrkahjo2_500.gifv

MaestroMike

Gold Member
this week on the train at my last stop to work i popped open my chocolate smoothie that i made the night before and it erupted like a fukking volcano splashing all over me, my hair and on the seat and floor. luckily no one was around i immediately bounced that train car to another one and went back home to change. took an hour to go back the other way i looked like I had sh!t all over me !! sorry cleaning person that had to clean up that mess and probably thought it was dung

this week on the train at my last stop to work i popped open my chocolate smoothie that i made the night before and it erupted like a fukking volcano splashing all over me, my hair and on the seat and floor. luckily no one was around i immediately bounced that train car to another one and went back home to change. took an hour to go back the other way i looked like I had sh!t all over me !! sorry cleaning person that had to clean up that mess and probably thought it was dung

Ok bro, we can pretend you didn't just shart that train to oblivion.

I've been doing this for just over 2 weeks. It's trippy as fuck. Bonus feeling is to do pushups at the end while holding breath and feel your head explode. I've did cold baths a lot of the days, still not sure about those completely, though I am taking nothing but cold showers now without much effort.

image.png

BigBooper

Anyone else do triage for life's stresses? I've never done therapy, but I think that may be a technique called mental compartmentalization. In a way it's like the serenity prayer; changing the things you can, and recognizing the things you can't. Only this also assigns levels of concern.

Anyways, I don't want to rewrite a psychoanalysis course. I'm not too interested in it. A few years ago though, I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and I've been trying various treatments the past few years with no positive reports, just getting progressively worse, albeit slowly, thankfully. The stress of the diagnosis and starting on treatments and readjusting my life had me at a breaking point. I never felt suicidal. I would never want to further hurt friends and family, but mentally and emotionally I turned into mush.

I started really embracing compartmentalizing problems into things I can change and things I can't, and further into things I can change quickly and things that would take longer. It really helped me to not only not worry about the things I couldn't change, but also to worry less about the changes that would require more time. It seems simple, but it saved me.

Also, I've had my first good news in my most recent scan results that most of the tumors have shrunk.:messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Anyone else do triage for life's stresses? I've never done therapy, but I think that may be a technique called mental compartmentalization. In a way it's like the serenity prayer; changing the things you can, and recognizing the things you can't. Only this also assigns levels of concern.

Anyways, I don't want to rewrite a psychoanalysis course. I'm not too interested in it. A few years ago though, I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and I've been trying various treatments the past few years with no positive reports, just getting progressively worse, albeit slowly, thankfully. The stress of the diagnosis and starting on treatments and readjusting my life had me at a breaking point. I never felt suicidal. I would never want to further hurt friends and family, but mentally and emotionally I turned into mush.

I started really embracing compartmentalizing problems into things I can change and things I can't, and further into things I can change quickly and things that would take longer. It really helped me to not only not worry about the things I couldn't change, but also to worry less about the changes that would require more time. It seems simple, but it saved me.

Also, I've had my first good news in my most recent scan results that most of the tumors have shrunk.:messenger_beaming:
dude thats amazing! congratulations and keep it goin, you got this!💪 and i really like what you said about compartmentalizing. i think i may need to do some of that myself. thanks for that :)

so, not sure if im posting here to just get it off my chest, or if i actually want advice, or if im just wallowing, but my depression has been pretty bad lately. the medical marijuana helps a lot (i never want to go back to feeling this way and not having some weed to make me feel a little better), but it's not the answer of course.

like i was telling my brother the other day (also experiences depression/anxiety and benefits from medical mary jane), it's like a tool, and you should have many tools and they need to stay sharp. if you use one tool too much, it gets dull and less effective. you need to use all of your tools everyday, and you need to know when its time to put that tool away, or find a new one.

thats all well and good, but the real problem right now is i havent eaten much in the last three days, and there is no end in sight... i just dont want to. i have zero appetite, and im just mega numb and empty and sad all day. 2 days ago, i went the whole day blocking out the thing thats triggering me, like completely blocked it out/pushed it down or whatever you want call it, and it was a mostly okay/neutral day... but then i realized at the end of the day that i didnt eat anything. had a couple bagels yesterday and i havent worked myself up to forcing anything down today (its about 3 pm right now... havent slept much in the last three days either)

anyone have experience with this and have some feedback/advice/anything? i mean, obviously i know i need to eat, but its not that simple right now. my mind is fucking me lol, thinking about eating something right now is like thinking about going downstairs and smashing my dick in the car door. not fucking happenin. and its a really, really bizarre feeling if youve never had it... no idea how to explain, its just like im offended by the idea of eating anything right now lol... but no, seriously, its bad and i know i have to eat something eventually, but if someone has some tips or tricks on how to get my mind ready for that, it's be much appreciated

for some context, i dont want to go into it too much, but it is a particular event thats triggering me. and back then when this event happened i also stopped eating, and what im experiencing now is almost exactly the same and almost as intense as that was (but not quite... i dunno if anything will ever be that bad again). it happened about 2011, took me 5 years and an alcohol addiction to finally let it go, everything has been great for the last few years, but somewhere around summer 2019 things got bad, and it's been a mostly downward trend since then. and just this last week or so, i started dwelling on all that shit again, running back all the scenarios all the what if's all of the i should haves and i shouldn't have and just so many bad decisions i've made since then... and it laid hold of me and i haven't been able to shake it

and here i am. right back at square one. its like everything came full circle and i accomplished nothing. i feel almost every bit as bad as back then, and im running through all the same thoughts and emotions and hysteria in my mind just like i was doing back then. and not gonna lie, watching my depression manifest itself into reality (i lost 5ish pounds since saturday and went down a hole on my belt) has me really freaked out right now lol. i can still be pretty jovial about it and stay in good spirits, but man... the truth is im hurting pretty bad on the inside right now. thinking about it though, i do feel a tiny bit better having typed this out, so thats something...

anyway, my brother started therapy a couple months ago and suggested i do the same. im really optimistic that it will be helpful for me. hope you all are trying to keep your heads up out there. i know its hard.

tl;dr holy shit sorry for the book guys. basically im depressed and i havent eaten anything in three days and im looking for help or advice on how to want to eat something

Last edited:
I'm on Mirtazapine but there are a lot of nights now I'm taking two instead of one due to all the stress.

This has been a bad month and I can't unwind. I wish there were an anti-anxiety or at a good sleeping pill I could get prescribed.

Edit: I took two and a half tonight. I hope I can sleep.

Last edited:
tl;dr holy shit sorry for the book guys. basically im depressed and i havent eaten anything in three days and im looking for help or advice on how to want to eat something

I am hungry as fuck right now, but I don't want to eat anything because it's close to 2 am and I need a good night sleep tonight or I'm going bananas. Tasty, sweet bananas. Tell us, did your appetite return?

Kev Kev

I am hungry as fuck right now, but I don't want to eat anything because it's close to 2 am and I need a good night sleep tonight or I'm going bananas. Tasty, sweet bananas. Tell us, did your appetite return?

yeah i'm feeling much better. lost about 15lbs. i had to just make sure i had a snack on me when i got a sudden appetite, that shit can be fleeting. it was so weird. i just didn't want to eat at all. i'm still not completely back to normal. but i'm feeling and looking skinnier so that's cool i guess

yeah i'm feeling much better. lost about 15lbs. i had to just make sure i had a snack on me when i got a sudden appetite, that shit can be fleeting. it was so weird. i just didn't want to eat at all. i'm still not completely back to normal. but i'm feeling and looking skinnier so that's cool i guess

Good stuff! I had an ex who went through something like that when we broke up, at least that's what she told me later when I got back in touch. She said she went days without eating. She was already a skinny girl, so I'm thinking she must have looked very anorexic. She regained the weight loss and she looked stunning when I spoke to her. My uneducated guess is that loss of appetite kind of corrects itself because at the end of the day eating is GOOD lol.

Tuff McNutt

I'm on Mirtazapine but there are a lot of nights now I'm taking two instead of one due to all the stress.

This has been a bad month and I can't unwind. I wish there were an anti-anxiety or at a good sleeping pill I could get prescribed.

Edit: I took two and a half tonight. I hope I can sleep.

You may want to ask your doctor about Trazadone. It's for anti-anxiety/depression, but also helps a lot with sleep. I take one about an hour before bed.

Tesseract

Banned
hope everyone is well

i'm feeling aight, work and fitness keeps me busy

meditation with ambient drone goes a long way to maintaining sanity, keeping the scope of the universe and our limited dimension within the span of imagination in mind

feeling fairly stabilized at 34yo, i think on some level we all fight the darkest elements of our shadow as we careen toward the abyss and obliteration of self

Last edited:

green_gibs

Neo Member
I've been working from home since early March and my waking hours are seriously starting to blur. I felt like I was going to nose dive like a lawn dart in the last month or two, but getting back into working out has done wonders.

There have been a few really awesome updates for games I've played a ton & previously felt that I "completed" (KF2, L4D2, Vermintide 2) that I really enjoy, so at least I have lots of stuff to kill time when I can't get out.

Speaking of which, I've kind of gotten back into camping & hiking, too. Hah, now that I think of it, it seems like a lot of stuff I never really had time for but enjoyed have become hobbies again.

It sucks to see some of you struggling, but even that's therapeutic in a weird way. I know I'm not alone, which is comforting. Thanks to everyone that's put themselves out there and told their stories.

I'm in serious need of a few drinks to say the least.

The other day I decided to reactivate my Twitter just to spread to mutuals my Nintendo Friend Code.

An mutual that I'd somewhat frequently spoke too and who has been a mutual for maybe the past 4 or 5 years blocked me.

No explanation. No warning.

I have an idea why he might have blocked me and had nothing to do with any issues between me and him personally. I've been blocked by others for what I assume is the reason he blocked me.

Of course that is trivial Twitter crap but I've been locked up in the house with nowhere to go, no money and it's way too hot even now just to take any walks.

Dog has been in the vet for almost 2 weeks and she MIGHT come home Monday.

My irl friend is annoyed with me it seems for being depressed. He has low tolerance for people who are sad or down. I want to hang with him but with the vet being fucking incompetent it's messing up any plans I can make and making me worry about the dog.

Then there's arguments with family members because of their stubborn nature and just that to them, I'm always wrong about everything.

My birthday passed with nobody outside GAF and 2 people on FB wishing me a happy birthday and spending it alone and with no money to even just get some Chardonnay or something....

The inability to make any plans, go anywhere or do anything and people deciding to just hate me for reasons I'm not entirely sure about, etc is frustrating and feeling isolated and angry.

Yeah I'm whining. Whatever. I'm sure someone here will just tell me off but all I just really wanted was to spend a night or two away from the house with a friend.

I'm just feeling like to whole world hates me and with things in 2019 it's hitting hard. I would have rather spent my fucking bday for one or two nights in the hospital.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
I'm in serious need of a few drinks to say the least.

The other day I decided to reactivate my Twitter just to spread to mutuals my Nintendo Friend Code.

An mutual that I'd somewhat frequently spoke too and who has been a mutual for maybe the past 4 or 5 years blocked me.

No explanation. No warning.

I have an idea why he might have blocked me and had nothing to do with any issues between me and him personally. I've been blocked by others for what I assume is the reason he blocked me.

Of course that is trivial Twitter crap but I've been locked up in the house with nowhere to go, no money and it's way too hot even now just to take any walks.

Dog has been in the vet for almost 2 weeks and she MIGHT come home Monday.

My irl friend is annoyed with me it seems for being depressed. He has low tolerance for people who are sad or down. I want to hang with him but with the vet being fucking incompetent it's messing up any plans I can make and making me worry about the dog.

Then there's arguments with family members because of their stubborn nature and just that to them, I'm always wrong about everything.

My birthday passed with nobody outside GAF and 2 people on FB wishing me a happy birthday and spending it alone and with no money to even just get some Chardonnay or something....

The inability to make any plans, go anywhere or do anything and people deciding to just hate me for reasons I'm not entirely sure about, etc is frustrating and feeling isolated and angry.

Yeah I'm whining. Whatever. I'm sure someone here will just tell me off but all I just really wanted was to spend a night or two away from the house with a friend.

I'm just feeling like to whole world hates me and with things in 2019 it's hitting hard. I would have rather spent my fucking bday for one or two nights in the hospital.
happy birthday, m8

I'm still doing Wim Hof. Torturing myself with a 10 minute cold shower everyday while it's 7 degrees celsius outside, but it doesn't bother me anymore, feels natural. Which is not so much a good thing as I'm starting to daydream in the shower much like you would taking a cold one lol

Still doing OMAD (but experimenting with the foods). I did keto before but to absolute extreme of 20g carbs cap, while now I've accidentally walked into keto range with 75-100g of carbs max. I notice they make me sleepy as fuck. I was eating carb heavy discount foods and I've noticed a difference switching to greens, frozen fish with fruit and peanut butter.

Hooked on expensive decaf Coffee. Like regular coffee except you drink it all day.... Can't be healthy.

Things will never be "ideal" for me as the folk who have breezed to where they are without noticing, but relatively it's pretty OKAY right now.

As for sleeping problems, always an ongoing thing. Been sleeping twice a day, usually through daylight hours because I can't nod off until 8am or so. I have noticed I can sleep on my back without turning over in my sleep which is a huge change and I have to wonder if doing Wim Hof breathing and stretching has strengthened my core muscles that allow me to breathe while on my back.

Carry on.

DonJorginho

Banned
Just wanted to pop in here and say if anyone needs any one on one support, advice or just someone to tell stuff to, I'm here for you.

As someone who has suffered battles with their mental state for years and still does, I know how important it is to talk to someone and to know you're valued.

This thread already helps out with that I can see and I can't thank everyone enough for raising awareness for an important topic and helping those in need, but if anyone would prefer to speak in private, I am here for you and to help you get through whatever battles you are facing. You aren't alone, I promise.

I will try my best to reply asap work permitting, but will always get back to you.

Hope everyone is doing well, stay safe folks x

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
My son’s Physical Therapist is leaving the place we take him. She’s only seen him for a couple months, but we felt like she was good for him. I guess when she told them that she was leaving, my son rested his head and started to cry. I think he understood that she was leaving. Poor kid. It’s a lot of joy, but also a lot of stress. There’s a lot to be thankful for. A good bill of health, good family, a new console of games on their way and a job I’m satisfied with. Nights seem to be better than the days. During the day it’s hard to clear my head. My son has a neurology appointment coming up. He had no bad markers from a genetics test we did. We are taking him to see an actual genetics specialist next year because they’re booked so far out. He’s definitely improving, but we want to find out if there’s a single possible thing we can do for him. I have had a vasectomy, so this is it for me. He’s the last person to carry my name, so I’ve been putting a lot of effort during the hard times. That’s why the nights are good to just be myself.

I don't want to go into detail on this but I'm going through severe anxiety.... on a scale of 1 through 10, it's abour a 9.

There's a lot I'm VERY worried about right now.

As a result, I've been posting a lot here. Stuff like my thread on Favorite Old Video Game Commercials is to try and help calm me a little since nostalgic stuff like that puts me a bit more at peace.

Same goes with Zelda especially since BotW looks very relaxing. I so need something like that right now.

Anyways, if I seem like I'm posting a lot on certain subjects is so I can help cope a little.

Last edited:
My anxiety level is at a 10 right now that I'm actually having shakes.

My neighbor told me the other day about CBD pills she takes. I asked her if I could try one as a sample and she said okay (personally I have a feeling it's basically snake oil) so I called her again today asking if I could try one, telling her I was really on edge and said she'll be over later.

She calls back and tells me just now that I would need take it for a week and she'll sell me a week supply for 10 dollars. I told her I don't have ten dollars. She says to call her back when I do.

What a bunch of BS.

So now I'm stuck with the shakes, no money for anything like maybe some sleeping pills or ANYTHING at this point that can relax me.

Gamerguy84

My anxiety level is at a 10 right now that I'm actually having shakes.

My neighbor told me the other day about CBD pills she takes. I asked her if I could try one as a sample and she said okay (personally I have a feeling it's basically snake oil) so I called her again today asking if I could try one, telling her I was really on edge and said she'll be over later.

She calls back and tells me just now that I would need take it for a week and she'll sell me a week supply for 10 dollars. I told her I don't have ten dollars. She says to call her back when I do.

What a bunch of BS.

So now I'm stuck with the shakes, no money for anything like maybe some sleeping pills or ANYTHING at this point that can relax me.

Ever try magnesium citrate? They work pretty well, I've taken them personally. I don't know where your from but here in the US they sell them in GNC, Walmart, grocery stores.

They are are a nervous system suppressant.

Ever try magnesium citrate? They work pretty well, I've taken them personally. I don't know where your from but here in the US they sell them in GNC, Walmart, grocery stores.

They are are a nervous system suppressant.
No and I wouldn't have the money to even try it right now.

I used to take B-Complex years ago. Was on it for a few months but never noticed any help to me.

Gamerguy84

No and I wouldn't have the money to even try it right now.

I used to take B-Complex years ago. Was on it for a few months but never noticed any help to me.

I take B complex but for other reasons. I highly suggest it when you can spare it. It's really a life saver. I've been hospitalized with severe panic attacks so I know about how your feeling, I used to shake.

Tried some SSRI but weren't for me. Docs gave me strong Xanax and they work, still have them, but drain me too much.

The mag citrate honestly works unbelievably well. The stuff I use is called natural calm from GNC but I know its cheaper other places. Good luck man because it's no way to live. High anxiety is pretty much mental torture. I was convinced I was going crazy and wasn't coming back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom