• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mergers and Acquisitions |OT| Thread Merged

Acquisitions and mergers official topic

• Is this thread organic enough?

• The thread merging will lead to the collapse of the forums industry

• Anti-trust laws should prevent people from creating threads

• This gaming forum has not been bought out

• The monopolization of OTs is bad for gaming discussion

• Your post is in talks to be acquired by another forum

Results are only viewable after voting.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Further consolidation is bad. We already have too much. Pay for exclusivity and let the devs/pubs remain independent.

I don't really play any Ubisoft games, so it won't affect me either way.

schaft0620

I don't know how this would work and not be a huge mess. There are over 50 offices, 18,000 people and many of their projects are in in poor shape.

Last edited:

Thebonehead

Banned
I watched a clip of him today
he said the worst thing we (engineers) can do is struggle to optimise something that should not exist, ergo Ubisoft and the mess it has made should not even exist
Tell that to the auto wipers in my model 3 that use the cameras to detect rain instead of an integral rain sensor

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
I'm almost sure Microsoft could buy Ubi and still not be in danger of a monopoly. In fact, they'd probably still be number #3 behind Sony. The only IP I care for when it comes to Ubisoft is Splinter Cell. Damn the rest

Last edited:

FalsettoVibe

Gold Member

SQUARE ENIX WOULD BE OPEN TO JOINT VENTURES OR EVEN MINORITY STAKE IN ITS OWN STUDIO BECAUSE OF RISING DEVELOPMENT COSTS​

https://thegeek.games/2022/09/17/sq...n-studio-because-of-rising-development-costs/

:0

Yeah, SE mentioned this a couple months or so ago. It's still interesting though. Like, are they only open to joint ventures and minority stakes? Full acquisition off the table? Wonder if Sony or Tencent invest something similar to what they did with Fromsoft

Top Bottom