• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

nush

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP
kKUAhfACPpfvKLYkvNcvI8T0Dupp3EK2a14imTzXYL3UKVu0t8x-svHOkiWXz25jhIP0W7jJG8sjefeGbUGtGll_7sNYNGe2kY60SsJzpTA4NwEqYYePzfA6MIoUQ7UlqMFZHRyXEa8RoLl7u5iF

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I'm currently watching a city crew try to repair a water main that broke under the street down the hill a bit from my house. They've been at it since about 3PM yesterday and now one of their trucks appears to have collapsed a section of the asphalt, it's being held up by its rear bumper and axle with a front tire up in the air. I guess I'll shower at the gym today...

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Oh, you’re one of those. I see.
Well the water's back on at my house, which is good because I used two toilet tanks up for pooping this morning, which is unusual. If my third toilet somehow needed to be utilized for a third turd, I'd have to start busting out the emergency water supplies. Thankfully my bowels held and all tanks are refilled, ready for another shittin after tomorrow's coffee.

Poop.

Last edited:

nush

It’s hard to tell when you Americans are being funny.

You know, because Americans aren’t funny.

British humor, Dad jokes, double entendres and quoting someone else that's actually funny. See any British Youtuber trying to be funny in their commentary, it's like shut the fuck up you try-hard.

Tschumi

I saw an Xbox Series S on an online marketplace here for ¥17,000 (do your own conversions, it's not much, is about ¥11,000 less than a second hand Switch here) so i bought it. I sold my Switch Lite to make up for it, wasn't playing it much anyway and it's embarrassing to be so mainstream.

Now for the fucking life of me I'm scared the only game I'll end up playing on the thing is KOTOR.

Courage, Tschumi, there are more games in series S and X than are dreamt of in your philosophy...

Tschumi

Gamepass sub.
My problem is when I have lots of games i never play any of them, so gamepass would totally ruin me

If i make a Japanese account the amount of back compat games shrinks massively (from an already limited list)

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
cable was like $50, external drive was about $140, fml

jesus it's like he's subsisted on molasses for the last 20 years
How long is this cable? Seems excessive. It’s only over a certain distance when HMDI starts to fuck it up, from what I understand.
I saw an Xbox Series S on an online marketplace here for ¥17,000 (do your own conversions, it's not much, is about ¥11,000 less than a second hand Switch here) so i bought it. I sold my Switch Lite to make up for it, wasn't playing it much anyway and it's embarrassing to be so mainstream.

Now for the fucking life of me I'm scared the only game I'll end up playing on the thing is KOTOR.

Courage, Tschumi, there are more games in series S and X than are dreamt of in your philosophy...
Look into installing RetroArch on it. It’s an emulator front end that uses “cores” which are the actual emulators. You can turn the console into a classic game heaven. The benefit of RA, apart from all your old games in one place and options that emulators have, is using shaders to make them look much better (think advanced filtering) for the old 2D games that don’t look as good on modern screens.

Tschumi

How long is this cable? Seems excessive. It’s only over a certain distance when HMDI starts to fuck it up, from what I understand.

Look into installing RetroArch on it. It’s an emulator front end that uses “cores” which are the actual emulators. You can turn the console into a classic game heaven. The benefit of RA, apart from all your old games in one place and options that emulators have, is using shaders to make them look much better (think advanced filtering) for the old 2D games that don’t look as good on modern screens.
jesus it looks like i can play gamecube in 4k on my series s what the actual fuck that's insane

i've started shaking

EDIT: Finally a reason to stop limply hanging on to that Wii U under all the spare blankets in my back room lol

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
Whatcha been playing/fucking?

disappointed the wire GIF
Haha I've given up on the ladies for now and booze 😅

I grabbed a switch oled. Been playing Rune Factory 4 nonstop love that damn game. Im just waiting for SMTV to release tomorrow. Finished up Nocturne beforehand. Been trying to get alot of gaming in.
What you been playing?

Top Bottom