• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Covid is kicking my ass. Felt great over the weekend. Woke up today feeling like absolute garbage.
Here's a meme to make you feel better.

r4TEL1W.jpg

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Covid is kicking my ass. Felt great over the weekend. Woke up today feeling like absolute garbage.
You have my complete and utter sympathy. I absolutely hated having COVID. The first couple of days were manageable, then about just under a week in it kicked in hard, and I felt like death warmed up. Then about a week later it eased off again and all was good. The key to my success was plenty of rest and endless cups of tea and hot tomato soup.

Tschumi

I'm currently surrounded by a few hundred Japanese people at an ikea restaurant, each of whom takes their mask off when eating..

... On the plus side they're not stupid and all wear masks and wash their hands with alcohol wherever they pass a dispenser but...

... I'll let you know when i catch omicron.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I'm currently surrounded by a few hundred Japanese people at an ikea restaurant, each of whom takes their mask off when eating..

... On the plus side they're not stupid and all wear masks and wash their hands with alcohol wherever they pass a dispenser but...

... I'll let you know when i catch omicron.
Everyone is gonna get it

Tschumi

Yes, it's lunchtime. Asian people love to go to Ikea just for lunch. Foods good, they know what's up, but damn do they think it's a fashionable place to eat. The reality is it's an expensive school dining hall.
I like it because it's at the end of a good long bike ride, and at the very back, on the far side of an escalator light well, there are a few benches with charger plugs where i can just do telework all day with free coffee and water lol

You're not wrong.

Everyone is gonna get it
Hope bae gets it first then so she can have perspective when i get it :p

Ionian

Fuck man, get better soon. I must have had it numerous times. In hospital 4 times by ambulance in a year alone. Funniest thing, I go outside only for food. Got a letter though to say i'm COVID free from the hospital.

I just laughed. The symptoms were I could barely walk from puking up all food, hot sweats in a freezing winter.

Was basically told to F-Off the last visit, a nurse appeared out of nowhere gave me the vaccine and was pushed off to a taxi in a wheelchair.

You have clinics here for the vaccine. think it's 65 euro. Can get them from your GP as well.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I'm pretty sure that's actually not going to be the case.*

*I am not a virologist
Probably not everyone but it seems like omicron is spreading like wildfire. Not to turn this into the Covid thread (I don’t even visit that).

Last edited:

Tschumi

Fuck man, get better soon. I must have had it numerous times. In hospital 4 times by ambulance in a year alone. Funniest thing, I go outside only for food. Got a letter though to say i'm COVID free from the hospital.

I just laughed. The symptoms were I could barely walk from puking up all food, hot sweats in a freezing winter.

Was basically told to F-Off the last visit, a nurse appeared out of nowhere gave me the vaccine and was pushed off to a taxi in a wheelchair.

You have clinics here for the vaccine. think it's 65 euro. Can get them from your GP as well.
Last year i got rs virus (i think that's the exact name, might be rx) and gave it to my lady, she freaked out and went to get a PCR like 4 times in a week, changing hospital when they told her it wasn't covid, it was only when she was told unequivocally that it was rs virus and that she couldn't catch two viruses at once did she simmer down lol

I'm not saying i know what is up with your body, but covid hasn't made all the other viruses go away, maybe they're right saying you don't have Covid?

The symptoms were I could barely walk from puking up all food, hot sweats in a freezing winter.
Kinda sounds like bad food poisoning to me

Last edited:

Ionian

Wait, you didn't already submit photos of your snot and poo to get access to this thread?

Oh they have it all.

Watched people dying and had family die from my bed.

You end up scarred after being sick. Hospital is no place anyone goes for fun.

Now, tell me about you.

Tschumi

Oh they have it all.

Watched people dying and had family die from my bed.

You end up scarred after being sick. Hospital is no place anyone goes for fun.

Now, tell me about you.
"This thread" i was making a customary meta gaf thread joke to blunt my post's edge

Sorry for what you went through mate, glad you're still going, pretty awful luck to get so sick when you're just going out for food

Last edited:

Ionian

"This thread" i was making a customary meta gaf thread joke to blunt my post's edge

Sorry for what you went through mate, glad you're still going, pretty awful luck to get so sick when you're just going out for food

Oh spending a year in and out of hospital. On my death-bed.

I even gave up with the IV's. I'd just ask " how long?" in case i needed a piss. Normal seems about 20-30 minutes.

Entire year destroyed. Lost family and friends over it. For being sick. Still can't walk properly after being in that bed.

Tschumi

Gar, there she goes, fair enough, won't have to feel the need to talk about it again at least , good way to burn some free time

Last edited:

Star-Lord

It's cold, I went to the supermarket. was very chinesey in there, good times. Got food.
Was it per chance a Chinese supermarket? I went to one for the first time last week while driving through London, and it’s a completely different experience to your regular British supermarket. The variety of different food and drinks on offer is out of this world. I may have to go there again and actually buy stuff.

Tschumi

I just pre ordered a copy of horizon forbidden west from Japan Amazon for 7000 yen, that comes out to like $85 aud, on the PlayStation Australian store it costs fucking $120+ for the same version...

Australian prices are such a fucking gouge lol, reminds me of soccer boots... you could order a pair online from the UK for $90 aud and see the same fucking pair in rebel sport for $220 aaarrrgh

Note: if, like Cyberpunk, the Japanese version of the game is censored, I'll flip out. I better be able to pick the size of... s-someone's dick.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I watched that film last night, Sigourney Weaver made a foxy blonde lol

Seeing Weaver in that film kind of blew my mind. As a kid I grew up watching Aliens and Ghost Busters and so she was pretty much like a heroic asexual figure in my mind, like your favorite teacher from elementary school or something. All of the sudden she pops out in this movie as one of the hottest MILFS of all time and my teenaged mind had trouble dealing with the respect-to-jerk-off-ratio.

> Microsoft makes by far the biggest acquisition in videogame history

> this purchase will absolutely rock the industry and will change things going forward

> thread is created to discuss what Sony should do going forward

> thread is locked, presumably due to the perceived idea that it is "console warring"

mfw

Top Bottom