• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

*Nightwing

It seems like a number of our dearly departed from the beginning of the thread show as unbanned. Upgrade glitch or mass forgiveness?

HOBpeX5.gif

But
AGEmQE9.gif

Zbcr51f.gif

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
It seems like a number of our dearly departed from the beginning of the thread show as unbanned. Upgrade glitch or mass forgiveness?
Some are banned, some are not
If you go to the bans page then go to the post they got banned for, looks like strikeout is now removed

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Hey TGD, write up a script to check for this patch on all of our and customer dcs
>sure thing where's the list of dcs
>lolwut

I have a script around someplace, but pretty sure get-addomaincontroller hasn't been deprecated yet. That or get-adforest could be used.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I have a script around someplace, but pretty sure get-addomaincontroller hasn't been deprecated yet. That or get-adforest could be used.
get-addomaincontroller did it but it's still like wtf bro
That and having to monkey around not tripping alerting (Which since I'm the secops guy would...end up having to deal with too...)

I just fucking yoloed it and so far no alerts or customers coming at me like "WTF DUDE"

That and get-addomaincontroller needs to run on a box with RSAT installed AKA a fucking dc; got lucky our RMM tool lives on some of them so I was able to pull what I needed without having to peck around too much

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
get-addomaincontroller did it but it's still like wtf bro
That and having to monkey around not tripping alerting (Which since I'm the secops guy would...end up having to deal with too...)

I just fucking yoloed it and so far no alerts or customers coming at me like "WTF DUDE"

That and get-addomaincontroller needs to run on a box with RSAT installed AKA a fucking dc; got lucky our RMM tool lives on some of them so I was able to pull what I needed without having to peck around too much

Your org could enable WinRM on all applicable hosts and make GPO and firewall adjustments for it, then set up dedicated management and automation hosts. It's what we do. Over 4k servers now. Some on-prem, many in Azure, some in another cloud provider closer to some of our customer base, and even some still in AWS. You don't need to run every DC level query or command from a DC, and you can always import the powershell snap-ins you need on other hosts once the above has been furnished.

We have close to 30 DC's up and down the east coast of the US in our forest, and very rarely are forced to perform operations from a DC at any level of the forest.

Just throwing that out there. If you want elaboration and help I bill out $150/hour for consultation, $130/hour for friends :)

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
What ever happened to the "formerly" tag? I just accidentally discovered a certain user is actually one I thought left/got banned, but quietly just changed their name and it makes so much sense seeing who they were.

Thaedolus

What ever happened to the "formerly" tag? I just accidentally discovered a certain user is actually one I thought left/got banned, but quietly just changed their name and it makes so much sense seeing who they were.
You can request a username change, then your tag is “Formerly (old username)”

I’m still waiting for my request to become NeoGAFModsLoveSweetTeaOnAHotSummerDay to be approved…

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
You can request a username change, then your tag is “Formerly (old username)”

I’m still waiting for my request to become NeoGAFModsLoveSweetTeaOnAHotSummerDay to be approved…

That's what I'm saying, they don't do it any more. I'm not exposing anyone but there's an active member with a "Member" tag who I now know used to be someone else.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Your org could enable WinRM on all applicable hosts and make GPO and firewall adjustments for it, then set up dedicated management and automation hosts. It's what we do. Over 4k servers now. Some on-prem, many in Azure, some in another cloud provider closer to some of our customer base, and even some still in AWS. You don't need to run every DC level query or command from a DC, and you can always import the powershell snap-ins you need on other hosts once the above has been furnished.

We have close to 30 DC's up and down the east coast of the US in our forest, and very rarely are forced to perform operations from a DC at any level of the forest.

Just throwing that out there. If you want elaboration and help I bill out $150/hour for consultation, $130/hour for friends :)
I miss being in controlled enviros like those
But alas, I'm back in the MSP space now

The product is me, not an enviro unfortunately

Thabass

I don't like change what is all of this now?

(Honestly though, I don't mind this, I just didn't like that it reset me to White Theme lol).

Top Bottom