• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Hello fellow MetaGAFers! How are we all doing? What did I miss?

There was something about Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage 's penis and house. So sorry, my friend!

As for Thaedolus Thaedolus ' problem, hmmm I'm not so sure. What did you buy? Was it really three "Whoop"s not just two?
It may have actually been four...it was odd. I wasn't getting much: 2 gallons of whole milk, 3 dozen eggs, pork chops, dog food...you know, lunch.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Hello fellow MetaGAFers! How are we all doing? What did I miss?

There was something about Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage 's penis and house. So sorry, my friend!

As for Thaedolus Thaedolus ' problem, hmmm I'm not so sure. What did you buy? Was it really three "Whoop"s not just two?
We got a new reaction
pokemon GIF

SpiceRacz

House got hit by a storm yesterday. Lost power until around midnight. Lots of exterior damage to the roof, including visible water damage inside on the ceiling. Garage door caved in but it looks like my car is fine. I'll be cleaning up the rest of the weekend. Hopefully insurance isn't a massive pain.

Insurance companies usually move pretty quick on those sorts of incidents. Claims adjusters will usually offer a check on the spot when they come out to inspect the damage. (y)

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Insurance companies usually move pretty quick on those sorts of incidents. Claims adjusters will usually offer a check on the spot when they come out to inspect the damage. (y)
A couple of people told me not to touch the roof damage before the insurance guy gets here. we aren’t expecting rain for a while so I’m leaving it today. Not even really sure what I need to do beside staple down tarps to keep additional water out. The destruction was over a very wide area so finding someone to repair will take a while. I might have to figure out how to shingle by myself. Definitely need to replace the siding as well.

nush

Gold Member
A couple of people told me not to touch the roof damage before the insurance guy gets here. we aren’t expecting rain for a while so I’m leaving it today. Not even really sure what I need to do beside staple down tarps to keep additional water out. The destruction was over a very wide area so finding someone to repair will take a while. I might have to figure out how to shingle by myself. Definitely need to replace the siding as well.

Do you live in a wooden house?

nush

Gold Member
My power was just out for about 45 minutes. I don’t know how they did it in the olden days. I was losing all sense of time and space sitting there silently in the dark.

Happens semi-regular in some apartments I've lived in in China. Often because they are running new power lines or upgrading old equipment. Sometimes for a few hours, sometimes a whole day. It's awful.

Zeroing

Banned
My power was just out for about 45 minutes. I don’t know how they did it in the olden days. I was losing all sense of time and space sitting there silently in the dark.
They on the old days would go to balls, talk to neighbors, read books etc.

It is this situations where power is off that we realize how much “noise” and attention our advanced era influenced your brain and your senses. Your brain stops being bombarded with information. It is amazing when you can go outside in full of darkness and see the stars, hear the noises etc.

I bet nobody expected I wrote all this deep stuff!!!

nush

Gold Member
It is this situations where power is off that we realize how much “noise” and attention our advanced era influenced your brain and your senses. Your brain stops being bombarded with information.

This is true, I used to have two apartments one in the city and one outside of the city that I'd use for weekends and holidays. I used to only have internet service in the city apartment because I was not paying double for internet at the other apartment just to use 2 days a week. I also didn't have a smartphone back then.

I really did notice how much more I could focus on just playing games or watching tv/movies or getting more things done when I was not distracted by the internet and various alert notifications or checking email.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
The last time that happened at night I turned on the fire place and got a lantern to read to my kiddo in the dark. It was fun, but glad the power came back on when it did because the rest of the house was getting quite cold

Peggies

Gold Member
That's terrible! Did people already start looting? That's what I fear the most. People going crazy after 10 minutes without power, rampaging and fornicating in the streets 🙈 .

Episode 2 Riot GIF by The Simpsons

teezzy

Banned
They on the old days would go to balls, talk to neighbors, read books etc.

It is this situations where power is off that we realize how much “noise” and attention our advanced era influenced your brain and your senses. Your brain stops being bombarded with information. It is amazing when you can go outside in full of darkness and see the stars, hear the noises etc.

I bet nobody expected I wrote all this deep stuff!!!

My grandfather used to spend hours on end just sitting in the backyard, soaking up the sun, admiring his garden with a beer in hand. No music, not reading, not speaking to anyone. It struck me as odd when I was a kid. These days, I totally get it and envy him

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So much shit to get done today. I spoke to insurance and they gave me the OK to go cover up the roof so that will get done today. I'll do an inventory of the shingles we have left over. Need to mow really badly.

I am debating on smoking some ribs today since I will be outside most of it anyway.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
That's terrible! Did people already start looting? That's what I fear the most. People going crazy after 10 minutes without power, rampaging and fornicating in the streets 🙈 .

Episode 2 Riot GIF by The Simpsons
No looting or fornicating but people were being noisy in the hall (I live in an apartment). Luckily it came back after like an hour. I went to bed shortly after.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Holy shit I am exhausted. Got the roof covered & protected for any upcoming rain. I still have some siding & soffit areas to get covered. Insurance person won't get here until Wednesday. Debating on just saying fuck it and replacing the entire remaining shingles with a metal roof. I would feel comfortable installing that myself. Not so sure on the siding for the house. Lots of decisions to make on color and type as the current stuff is dog shit ugly. My brain is too fried right now to truly process the fulls cope of what needs to be done to get everything to 'normal' again.

We drove into the big city today to get supplies for the repairs and it looks like the big city barely got hit. Some trees down there but nearly as bad as it is in my little town. Just north of us got hammered really hard. A few deaths confirmed now. Still a lot of the smaller areas without power. Some water restrictions in place still.

We were lucky no one was hurt but I think our house might have been the hardest hit in town. At the very least we are the hardest hit in my neighborhood due to a massive exposure from the direction the storm came through. I just hope there is no significant water damage in the attic. I'll have to crawl around in there today or tomorrow.

I might just take the rest of today to rest. Every part of my body aches right now from all the hauling & repair work from yesterday & today. What a little bitch I am, David Goggins would tell me to STFU and get shit done. At the very least I need to eat something. I haven't eaten a full meal since Thursday afternoon.

Thanks for tuning in or completely ignoring my blog.

Zeroing

Banned
Holy shit I am exhausted. Got the roof covered & protected for any upcoming rain. I still have some siding & soffit areas to get covered. Insurance person won't get here until Wednesday. Debating on just saying fuck it and replacing the entire remaining shingles with a metal roof. I would feel comfortable installing that myself. Not so sure on the siding for the house. Lots of decisions to make on color and type as the current stuff is dog shit ugly. My brain is too fried right now to truly process the fulls cope of what needs to be done to get everything to 'normal' again.

We drove into the big city today to get supplies for the repairs and it looks like the big city barely got hit. Some trees down there but nearly as bad as it is in my little town. Just north of us got hammered really hard. A few deaths confirmed now. Still a lot of the smaller areas without power. Some water restrictions in place still.

We were lucky no one was hurt but I think our house might have been the hardest hit in town. At the very least we are the hardest hit in my neighborhood due to a massive exposure from the direction the storm came through. I just hope there is no significant water damage in the attic. I'll have to crawl around in there today or tomorrow.

I might just take the rest of today to rest. Every part of my body aches right now from all the hauling & repair work from yesterday & today. What a little bitch I am, David Goggins would tell me to STFU and get shit done. At the very least I need to eat something. I haven't eaten a full meal since Thursday afternoon.

I think you shouldn’t be so hard on yourself! It’s ok to feel exhausted and wanting to talk! We are here!

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute

Take a rest brother. Sounds like you earned it.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage would it help to hear about how my mother in law's big dumb lab is a dumb dog and I don't like dog sitting him but I'm dog sitting him now? He's currently barking to come in the house, but I don't want him in here because he just follows me around panting like he's about to blow a huge load onto the small of my back.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
He's just waiting for you to take a shit so he can sit there and stare at you while your curling one out. Dogs.
you’re probably right. Jesus this dog is dumb, I have to close my bedroom door at night so he doesn’t try to sneak in, and he’s so old and hard of hearing (but always been this dumb) that I have to like sign language and shout commands to him, which scares my toddler.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Speaking of dogs...

Me and my ex-gf broke up again so I might as well share the last 2 pics I snapped of her dog last week when me and him were chillin. It'll probably be the last I see of him for a while.
FNH2lQu.jpg

wNN76TU.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom