• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Toons

Banned
People have a hard time separating things that are moral or stupid from questions of legality. I’ve got all sorts of thoughts about how stupid that whole situation was, but after looking at all the evidence, it’s hard to say it’s the wrong legal decision.

edit

I’ve been spending quality time with my kid all morning and just checked out Twitter, holy shit, you’d think a nuke just went off

Yep all parties involved in that situation are idiots including the defendant but it was pretty cut and dry. Thats just how it is.

nush

Gold Member
We'll be having another lockdown from Monday on. This is stupid.
Angry Work GIF
Oh no! You'll have to stay in and play your PS5!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
People have a hard time separating things that are moral or stupid from questions of legality. I’ve got all sorts of thoughts about how stupid that whole situation was, but after looking at all the evidence, it’s hard to say it’s the wrong legal decision.

edit

I’ve been spending quality time with my kid all morning and just checked out Twitter, holy shit, you’d think a nuke just went off
Baby Hat GIF

Ionian

We'll be having another lockdown from Monday on. This is stupid.
Angry Work GIF

Same here, cases have sky-rocketed. Had to laugh that someone here said they might need to close nightclubs at 11. Bloody pubs are open past then, who goes to a nightclub during daylight? Doesn't affect me anyway, my dancing days are over, just such a rediculous statement.

Ionian

Cases always go up in the winter, it's seasonal at this point. They lock you down until spring and somehow that "Proves" the lockdown "Worked", nothing to do with it getting warmer again.

They opened up pretty much everything here and it's a mild winter (so far) so everyone is out and about. Have seen people in shorts and it's Ireland, haha. Hospitals getting overwhelmed again with pubs being open and everyone thinking it's fine. (must be a doozy to get a sick day now when hungover).

It's back to normal only after the government saying 'It's ok just obey the previous rules'.

A load of drunken young people, not a hope in hell. Lockdowns are going into place again like where Peggie is in Austria.

Coming up to Christmas, these same dumb fucks will visit family. It's a no win, not a mask in sight outside within the space of a few weeks/days.

Last edited:

Peggies

Gold Member
They opened up pretty much everything here and it's a mild winter (so far) so everyone is out and about. Have seen people in shorts and it's Ireland, haha. Hospitals getting overwhelmed again with pubs being open and everyone thinking it's fine. (must be a doozy to get a sick day now when hungover).

It's back to normal only after the government saying 'It's ok just obey the previous rules'.

A load of drunken young people, not a hope in hell. Lockdowns are going into place again like where Peggie is in Austria.

Coming up to Christmas, these same dumb fucks will visit family. It's a no win, not a mask in sight outside within the space of a few weeks/days.
That's kind of the problem. Stupid numbers always rise after stupid holidays where stupid people travel around and visit other stupid people.

Meanwhile we have to wear those nasty FFP2 masks everywhere and now that ashole lockdown. I'm so tired of this pandemic.

But our hospitals are packed with (mostly unvaxxed) Covid cases, so other people like cancer patients can't get their much needed surgeries.

Aaanyway, have a great weekend you lovely bunch of bastards!

You Got This Hehe Time Difference GIF

Ionian

Another wonderful report on CONVID for Europe. Had no idea Irelands was the highest
That's kind of the problem. Stupid numbers always rise after stupid holidays where stupid people travel around and visit other stupid people.

Meanwhile we have to wear those nasty FFP2 masks everywhere and now that ashole lockdown. I'm so tired of this pandemic.

But our hospitals are packed with (mostly unvaxxed) Covid cases, so other people like cancer patients can't get their much needed surgeries.

Aaanyway, have a great weekend you lovely bunch of bastards!

You Got This Hehe Time Difference GIF

Was just about to post this to you;

Our rate is the highest? I call bullshit on that.

Ionian

I’m thinking of going for a fry-up fit for a king at the local greasy spoon, followed by a cheeky pint of Guinness. That’s if I can be arsed to get out of bed.

Now you're talking! The double whammy, that'll proper sort you.

Grab a few cans of Stella on the way back for when you wake up in the evening and lash on a DVD.

Proper sorted.

Tschumi

My ssx 3 recommendation thread is so unanimous and positive that i think we should collectively get a room and gang bang SSX3. If i could be bothered I'd make that Blacked.com meme with the ssx3 logo in place of the blonde chick's face

:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Hope my favourite GAF gang had a good weekend.

I spent the weekend in Manchester, getting drunk with internet friends and didn't get murdered and have my kidneys stolen so that's a win in my book.

I also learned of a town called Penistone. I am not sure what to do with this new found knowledge, but thought I should share.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Hope my favourite GAF gang had a good weekend.

I spent the weekend in Manchester, getting drunk with internet friends and didn't get murdered and have my kidneys stolen so that's a win in my book.

I also learned of a town called Penistone. I am not sure what to do with this new found knowledge, but thought I should share.
Had a killer weekend. Slept in yesterday, listened to music, got high, played a fuck load of video games. Today I played games in the morning, worked out for 2.5 hours, then headed into the big city and spent way too much damn money. I've got 6 macaroons & a chocolate dessert in the fridge waiting for me though.

edit: oh yeah, had ramen too. That was perfect with the chilly weather today.

Last edited:
Had a killer weekend. Slept in yesterday, listened to music, got high, played a fuck load of video games. Today I played games in the morning, worked out for 2.5 hours, then headed into the big city and spent way too much damn money. I've got 6 macaroons & a chocolate dessert in the fridge waiting for me though.

edit: oh yeah, had ramen too. That was perfect with the chilly weather today.
Sounds damn near perfect. Aside from from it being a bit spenny. Glad you enjoyed yourself dude.

Ionian

what is the deal with lost judgement? i keep seeing it around with a strikingly familiar looking japanese dude on the cover and on the black friday sales... care to sell it some?

Come On What GIF

couldn't find a 'what is the deal with..." Seinfeld gif so it's this

lol is anyone gonna say "lol you're ___ from ___" one of these calls? :p

I've been listening to quite a few since that was posted and yep some people do recognize the characters voice. Hilarious channel. Halo and Mass Effect are 2, can't remember the others.

nush

Gold Member
what is the deal with lost judgement? i keep seeing it around with a strikingly familiar looking japanese dude on the cover and on the black friday sales... care to sell it some?

It's Yakuza, without Kiryu and a Yakuza drama story. Instead you play as a detective solving a long murder mystery, but you still get to kick ass and have loads of silly things to waste your time on. It's the sequel to Judgment, so if that's cheaper get that one and see if you like it. If you're not into the Yakuza series or are burned out on it, don't bother.

Tschumi

It's Yakuza, without Kiryu and a Yakuza drama story. Instead you play as a detective solving a long murder mystery, but you still get to kick ass and have loads of silly things to waste your time on. It's the sequel to Judgment, so if that's cheaper get that one and see if you like it. If you're not into the Yakuza series or are burned out on it, don't bother.
tbh that sounds like i'd prefer it to yakuza nice one

cheers mate

Top Bottom