• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Bullet Club

Yeah I've posted a massive amount of GAF stuff at D-Pad. The Tschumi post and stuff like this:

0NgEMbe.jpg

99% of stuff I post in the Other Sites Thread is about Resetera, like we used to post about here. And like you posted at The Bore & Kiwi Farms.

For a group of people who talk shit behind closed doors, you sure a bunch of sensitive babies.
You seem pretty upset about it too.

Tschumi

I am at peace with what happened to my Nye post, and if that one i posted a few days ago went I'd feel like i deserve it, but yeah i mean... I was brought up my whole life to think the clique sitting in the corner of the playground insulting people who don't know they're being insulted all have microscopic dicks. Like, basically clits. So have fun with your nubbins, circling phantom birds.

Also apparently this clique is alt-right which actually means their dicks are concave.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm glad I don't fuck around with any other forums so I can avoid the cross-forum drama. Well there's the Vesti on IGN, but that's just shit post central and no one gives a shit there so it doesn't count.

Soodanim

closed doors
The door is closed for reasons stated in the relevant thread when this first got said, which I’m sure plenty of people read.

Let’s be honest, this particular closed door is hardly a secret society when anyone can open the door and walk in. If it was a locked door like has been implied, very few people would have the key and there wouldn’t be a discussion about it happening because no one outside of “the clique” would have seen it, or whichever circle is accused these days.

teezzy

Banned
I'm glad I don't fuck around with any other forums so I can avoid the cross-forum drama. Well there's the Vesti on IGN, but that's just shit post central and no one gives a shit there so it doesn't count.

I really should try and quit forums in general again tbh. If I have one guilty pleasure, it's this.

I'd be so embarrassed trying to explain this crap to someone IRL

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I really should try and quit forums in general again tbh. If I have one guilty pleasure, it's this.

I'd be so embarrassed trying to explain this crap to someone IRL

Gaf is my only social media online. Most of my IRL friends are nerds and post on forums of their own. 🤷‍♂️

If I did not enjoy it, I would stop posting. I assume some day that will happen, but for now.... shitposting is king.
Snl Freaking Out GIF by Saturday Night Live

Star-Lord

I don’t see why some people feel ashamed of posting on a forum dedicated to the videogame industry. It’s a shared passion for a legitimate hobby/interest/industry, no different to peoples’ enjoyment of fly-fishing or baking or DIY. The only reason there’s a stigma around it is because gamers are still wrongly stereotyped as fat, middle-aged men living in their mothers’ basements. Times have moved on and so too must the stigma surrounding the industry.

I enjoy being part of this community, and I enjoy being a part of this smaller meta community within the forum. We’re not a clique, we’re not a tribe, we are a small community in which anyone can enter and be a part of. I don’t see where all this hate for NeoGAF and users cross-posting on other forums comes from. If people enjoy posting on other forums, let them. I’ve posted on many different forums in the past, including N-Philes, PlayStation Universe, and FileFront Forums. I’ve enjoyed being a part of those communities but, like all things in life, I moved on from them. Now my only outlet is NeoGAF.

Have I ever thought about quitting the forum? Sometimes. Some of you may recall I took an extended break a while back due to mental health. I sometimes consider doing that again. But, to be honest, I would genuinely miss this forum too much if I left it altogether. I’ve only been an active poster since 2019, but have lurked for many years prior to this. NeoGAF is my go-to place for gaming news and witty banter, and it’s become an integral part of my life. Literally, first thing I do when I wake up is check NeoGAF. Is that sad? Maybe. Do I need a life? Possibly. Am I going to give it up? Hell no.

Much love.

I don’t see why some people feel ashamed of posting on a forum dedicated to the videogame industry. It’s a shared passion for a legitimate hobby/interest/industry, no different to peoples’ enjoyment of fly-fishing or baking or DIY. The only reason there’s a stigma around it is because gamers are still wrongly stereotyped as fat, middle-aged men living in their mothers’ basements. Times have moved on and so too must the stigma surrounding the industry.

I enjoy being part of this community, and I enjoy being a part of this smaller meta community within the forum. We’re not a clique, we’re not a tribe, we are a small community in which anyone can enter and be a part of. I don’t see where all this hate for NeoGAF and users cross-posting on other forums comes from. If people enjoy posting on other forums, let them. I’ve posted on many different forums in the past, including N-Philes, PlayStation Universe, and FileFront Forums. I’ve enjoyed being a part of those communities but, like all things in life, I moved on from them. Now my only outlet is NeoGAF.

Have I ever thought about quitting the forum? Sometimes. Some of you may recall I took an extended break a while back due to mental health. I sometimes consider doing that again. But, to be honest, I would genuinely miss this forum too much if I left it altogether. I’ve only been an active poster since 2019, but have lurked for many years prior to this. NeoGAF is my go-to place for gaming news and witty banter, and it’s become an integral part of my life. Literally, first thing I do when I wake up is check NeoGAF. Is that sad? Maybe. Do I need a life? Possibly. Am I going to give it up? Hell no.

Much love.
Ellie Kemper Nerd GIF by The Office

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin

Much love.
tldr

Tschumi

Much love.
I feel awkward about how much i use gaf because i feel that it's escapism and the same brain power i expend here could be used doing things that more directly benefit my adult life.

But then i think it's okay because there's value in social connections, which i don't make so much IRL because i can't help but spend pretty much all my free time with bae.

I have a general feeling that when i do finally tick off a few things i want to IRL my gaf usage will diminish, but so far so unfulfilled!

Top Bottom