• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Zeroing

Banned
*Gold Bond, extra strength whooooooo
nVxP4eb.jpg

Thaedolus

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s from getting older or from eating less sugar, but yes I canā€™t handle anything sweet like I used to. I drink coffee black, if I ever have a beer now itā€™s bitter as hell, broccoli actuallyā€¦tastes good? But I donā€™t ever drink real soda anymore, candy is gross, etcā€¦itā€™s been good to my waterline though

Zeroing

Banned
Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s from getting older or from eating less sugar, but yes I canā€™t handle anything sweet like I used to. I drink coffee black, if I ever have a beer now itā€™s bitter as hell, broccoli actuallyā€¦tastes good? But I donā€™t ever drink real soda anymore, candy is gross, etcā€¦itā€™s been good to my waterline though
It means youā€™re bitter with life! Joking
Yes the less sugar you consume the more accurate your taste will become! Also soda as tons of sugar. Still you need a little sugar in your diet! Fruit is great

Maiden Voyage

Goldā„¢ Member
Insurance is saying the damages were approx. ~$20k. They're paying out about 80% (and less the deductible) up front and I will need to have the contractor submit their final invoice to the insurance company to get those final dollars paid out.

The shitty part is that we've only got 180 days to get things repaired (we can request an extension, which we will need to do since everyone is booked so far out). Still waiting on the roof guy & the siding guy to swing by and provide an estimate.

If I do the work myself, I can submit receipts to open those final dollars.

Home insurance is a lot less of a headache than I thought. If only finding an available and quality contractor was this easy.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Insurance is saying the damages were approx. ~$20k. They're paying out about 80% (and less the deductible) up front and I will need to have the contractor submit their final invoice to the insurance company to get those final dollars paid out.

The shitty part is that we've only got 180 days to get things repaired (we can request an extension, which we will need to do since everyone is booked so far out). Still waiting on the roof guy & the siding guy to swing by and provide an estimate.

If I do the work myself, I can submit receipts to open those final dollars.

Home insurance is a lot less of a headache than I thought. If only finding an available and quality contractor was this easy.
That's not bad actually. It could have been lots worse. But yeah most contractors are crooked sobs.

Top Bottom