• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
The Queer As Folk reboot couldn't be more woke and disconnected from reality than I actually expected, and it managed to be worse.

N7aQ2gM.jpg
FxjXn6s.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Avs won the cup. Awesome. MacKinnon deserves it.

Good to see Kuemper win too. An underrated goalie who played most of his career on low scoring lousy teams. Guy goes to Coloardo playing the same (similar stats) and he racks up the wins. He could had been one of those Tomas Vokoun or John Gibson kinds of goalies who is solid, but stuck on bad teams for their career.

Happy to see Kadri win too. He got shafted by my Leafs. A gritty second line player who can be an ass sometimes, but he's good. Guy is now a star on Colorado.

TB is a good team but lets face it, the past 3 playoffs they relied on Vasy way too much to carry the load. THey also got lucky last year with that injury/salary issue where they had like $16M worth of extra players (ie. Kucherov + another decent player) which put them over the top. They shouldnt had even got past the Isles, which took them 7 games and they won it 1-0.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
So I went in the middle of the night to gas up my car, because my insomnia was kicking in and I had nothing else better to do.

As I was filling up, a SUV full of college-aged girls started cat calling me as they were driving off. I didn't understand until one of them yelled something about my balls. I was so tired that when I used the restroom in the gas station a few minutes prior, I didn't zip up. So I was hanging brain out of my Polo shorts. I don't know how I managed it, but it was just my ball sac hanging out of my shorts.

So if any of those early twenty something women read this, sorry you had to see my old balls.

The Queer As Folk reboot couldn't be more woke and disconnected from reality than I actually expected, and it managed to be worse.

N7aQ2gM.jpg
FxjXn6s.jpg

I want to watch these now, but I see in the US it's Hulu only and not currently available. Shitty.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Lol. Quite good actually, thank you. Staying inside with the curtains closed and waiting till yellow Hitler goes down.

Shining The It Crowd GIF

How are you, my friend?
I'm very well, cheers, apart from suffering (like you) due to the heat. I don't handle heat well. I much prefer the cold, hard winters.

Other than that, I'm currently sat in the office, waiting for 5pm to come so I can get home and play Skylines.

Peggies

Gold Member
I'm very well, cheers, apart from suffering (like you) due to the heat. I don't handle heat well. I much prefer the cold, hard winters.

Other than that, I'm currently sat in the office, waiting for 5pm to come so I can get home and play Skylines.
Yes, cold hard winters with snow and ice and christmas!

Bullshit office jobs can be soooo annoying when a good game is waiting for you at home. But it could be worse. We could actually have to do physical work :messenger_fearful:.
I hope your day at the office goes by quickly!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Avs won the cup. Awesome. MacKinnon deserves it.

Good to see Kuemper win too. An underrated goalie who played most of his career on low scoring lousy teams. Guy goes to Coloardo playing the same (similar stats) and he racks up the wins. He could had been one of those Tomas Vokoun or John Gibson kinds of goalies who is solid, but stuck on bad teams for their career.

Happy to see Kadri win too. He got shafted by my Leafs. A gritty second line player who can be an ass sometimes, but he's good. Guy is now a star on Colorado.

TB is a good team but lets face it, the past 3 playoffs they relied on Vasy way too much to carry the load. THey also got lucky last year with that injury/salary issue where they had like $16M worth of extra players (ie. Kucherov + another decent player) which put them over the top. They shouldnt had even got past the Isles, which took them 7 games and they won it 1-0.
I should get back into hockey.

Star-Lord

Bullshit office jobs can be soooo annoying when a good game is waiting for you at home. But it could be worse. We could actually have to do physical work :messenger_fearful:.
I hope your day at the office goes by quickly!

Not too long left, but enough to drive me crazy in anticipation. My citizens need me, and I'm stuck here helping people with money issues, as if I haven't got anything better to do.

Stupid people.

I need to eat more fiber

I have a funny story about poop, and not being able to go.

Zeroing

Banned
Swimmingly. I think I finally found someone to repair the roof, but won't know until next week. Downside, I think I will need to redo the ceiling in the house.

You?
Oh, well maybe it’s a good way to reinforce the roof and make it more insulated. Trust me a roof with good insulation makes the temperature inside the house so much better!! This is be acting like a family man… I think I’ve failed ahah

I am good, been busy with work but that’s the usual.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Hangovers suck so much. I was getting carried away with drinks last night and was literally thinking to myself "OK, this needs to be the last drink or you're going to be in pain tomorrow, old man". But I was having a lot of fun, had probably three too many drinks from the looks of what's still in the bottle.

God I feel awful. Debated taking an edible to try and take the edge off but I am afraid that will make it worse in the long run.

Kev Kev

Hangovers suck so much. I was getting carried away with drinks last night and was literally thinking to myself "OK, this needs to be the last drink or you're going to be in pain tomorrow, old man". But I was having a lot of fun, had probably three too many drinks from the looks of what's still in the bottle.

God I feel awful. Debated taking an edible to try and take the edge off but I am afraid that will make it worse in the long run.
back in my drinkin days i had a lot fo these nights. woke up one morning after getting black out and found an empty bottle of triple sec on the counter 🤦‍♂️ that was a shitty hangover

aspirin powder and THC would usually help me a lot.

Thaedolus

back in my drinkin days i had a lot fo these nights. woke up one morning after getting black out and found an empty bottle of triple sec on the counter 🤦‍♂️ that was a shitty hangover

aspirin powder and THC would usually help me a lot.
Holy shit going for it with the triple sec?? I mean I know sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do….

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Random question:

Something I've always done ever since I was like in my late teens, early 20s is as a nickname I'd call all of my friends who are not big or tall "Big _____." As in not big in frame, but big in game. As a gesture to pump someone up. Like if I have a friend Mike who's 5'6 I'll call him Big Mike. Not all the time. Obviously, most times I'll refer to them just by their name, but say I haven't spoken to them in several months and I get a text from them I'll respond BIG MIKE!!! What's up man.

They've always never had an issue with it, and most of them liked it, but found out recently one person thought I was mocking their height by saying that. I never thought about that, I guess I could see how someone would find that mocking.

If you were someone who wasn't big or tall and one of your friends did the same thing, would you find it condescending?

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Random question:

Something I've always done ever since I was like in my late teens, early 20s is as a nickname I'd call all of my friends who are not big or tall "Big _____." As in not big in frame, but big in game. As a gesture to pump someone up. Like if I have a friend Mike who's 5'6 I'll call him Big Mike. Not all the time. Obviously, most times I'll refer to them just by their name, but say I haven't spoken to them in several months and I get a text from them I'll respond BIG MIKE!!! What's up man.

They've always never had an issue with it, and most of them liked it, but found out recently one person thought I was mocking their height by saying that. I never thought about that, I guess I could see how someone would find that mocking.

If you were someone who wasn't big or tall and one of your friends did the same thing, would you find it condescending?
I do that for girls and kids. Never called a guy that. I don't think it would come across mocking if it's coming from a good place in your heart (which it seems to be). Unless you're saying it to someone who's looking for reasons to get offended/triggered.

Star-Lord

There's not a lot to love about summer. As I discussed with Peggies Peggies , the heat can be too much for me. I'm British, after all, and am more comfortable when it's pissing down with rain and freezing cold. That said, the deviant in me must admit that the blistering hot days do bring some joy in the form of scantily clad people everywhere. I was walking through the park on my lunch break yesterday, and it was crammed with men and women wearing very little. It certainly made eating my tuna salad a lot more enjoyable, seeing beautiful bodies all over the place.

nush

Gold Member
There's not a lot to love about summer. As I discussed with Peggies Peggies , the heat can be too much for me. I'm British, after all, and am more comfortable when it's pissing down with rain and freezing cold. That said, the deviant in me must admit that the blistering hot days do bring some joy in the form of scantily clad people everywhere. I was walking through the park on my lunch break yesterday, and it was crammed with men and women wearing very little. It certainly made eating my tuna salad a lot more enjoyable, seeing beautiful bodies all over the place.

All I get to see on hot days are Beijing Bikinis.

R-C.dbbc6aab6538afc3cf4dc1807dfaddf3

Thaedolus

Random question:

I actually just realized I only do this with my black friends, because they do it back to me (I’m white)…is it mostly a race thing?

Last edited:
Top Bottom