• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Announcements due “in the Coming Weeks”, Raiden Voice Actor Claims

Draugoth

Gold Member
metal-gear-rising-revengeance-actor-leaks.jpg

source

The voice actor for Raiden in Metal Gear Solid appears to have teased imminent announcements for games related to the Konami-owned franchise.

Having starred as Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, and spinoff release Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Quinton Flynn is tied very closely to the beloved series of games.

Last week, the actor shared a video on Twitter advertising his Cameo service. In it, he shifts through the voices of different video game characters he has played over his career — including Raiden — offering the chance to deliver bespoke dialogue as a service.

In a response to the video, one poster noted that the Metal Gear Rising 10th Anniversary is set to take place next month, marking a decade since the hack-and-slash game released on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. Another poster replied questioning whether a Metal Gear Rising 2 reveal might be on the way as part of a larger Metal Gear showcase.

At this point, Flynn himself replied teasingly, hinting towards exciting things to come.

Kuranghi

Memetal Gear returns! Maybe. Or its just a port of Metal Gear Rising or something. Which I would love because I still never played it on PC due to the stutter and its too crusty on console so I decided to just wait. Probably a good thing now we might never get any new MG games that are as good as the oldies.

Nautilus

Banned
Well, when Konami brought back Silent Hill, instead of focusing on one game, it seems they decided to make 10 games and shoot for the moon.

Maybe its the same for MGS? The first game remake will be the star, but maybe they will be remastering other games, like Rising?

SiegeDamage

Neo Member
I’ve been itching to go back to the MGS series and play through them all in order. Perhaps I should wait a while longer and see what comes of this.

schaft0620

With all of the rumors it feels like we are about to get a Metal Gear digital event with a movie teaser in the first half of this year.

My guess:

- OG Metal Gear Collection on Switch, Mobile, PS, XBOX
- MGS1 and 2 Bluepoint Remake, a lot of it is newly created content and assets but the story remains the same. Its not a 1 to 1 Remake so it feels modern. Each game will be $70 2024 and 2025.
- MGS3 "Remaster" almost on the level of a port
- Metal Gear Solid movie trailer

Kojima and Sony overseeing the entire MGS project.

Mr Hyde

Konami on a roll with their legacy IPs. Silent Hill returns, Suikoden returns and now most likely Metal Gear Solid (I just can't believe it's not coming. It's still a huge franchise and will do big numbers, if done right).

MiguelItUp

I can't imagine he's joking around. I wonder if this is gonna be like the Silent Hill stream where they just announce a ton of different MGS related things. I wouldn't be surprise TBH.

SkylineRKR

Konami is certainly looking to bring their classics back. MGS is one of their biggest hits, so it makes sense to bring it back next to Silent Hill and Suikoden.

Sybrix

There should be no new MGS without Kojima writing it.

The best we can hope for is remasters of MGS1,2 and 3.

Or a remake of MG1 and MG2.

Rising sux, a new MG Rising game isnt worth the time for an MGS fan.

Let's not even talk about Survive.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.

Kojima totally screwed the writing in 5 so I’d be ok without him

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Man a MGS 1 or 3 remake despite slimepoopooo's opoopion (pun intended) would be awesome. Those graphics man...

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Get over yourself. Writing could be copy paste. What's left?

bender

What time is it?
Hopefully just simple ports. I don't trust Konami to make the investment for proper remakes or new entries.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
But yes it was the writing that made the games /S.
Did you play MGSV.

I hate this purist crap.

No Hideo no real MGS hard pass /S

Angry Stanley Kubrick GIF

Last edited:

Gojiira

‘Multiple’….So several underfunded, underdeveloped projects then. Sigh.
Metal Gear remake or Metal Gear Solid remake ONLY please. Make it the best it can absolutely be. THEN other projects.

Top Bottom