• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Delta is being made by Kojima Old Team and Virtuous Studios

Draugoth

Gold Member
  • The original VA are indeed being reused
  • Kojima and Shinkawa aren't involved
  • More MGS remakes likely if the reception is good of Delta
  • Konami are the main Devs of the project, Virtuos are only helping them.
jSPgoNC.jpg

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's a remake being done by members of Kojima's team that are still at Konami with support from Virtuous Studios.
Nothing is being changed and the VA is staying the same.
It's kinda hard to fuck up, the only thing you need to worry about is performance and bugs.
If they nail that, it will be the best way to play MGS3.
It's still Kojima's work regardless.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
It's a remake being done by members of Kojima's team that are still at Konami with support from Virtuous Studios.
Nothing is being changed and the VA is staying the same.
It's kinda hard to fuck up, the only thing you need to worry about is performance and bugs.
If they nail that, it will be the best way to play MGS3.
It's still Kojima's work regardless.
That's kinda easy to fuck up if they rush it and it's possibly the biggest thing that can lead to a disaster.

If they're gonna do the kind of job on it that they did on Arkham games then I'd rather not see it...

Last edited:

Kerotan

More remakes likely if this does well. That's exactly why I will be continuing to invest in this series by buying this and the Vol 1 collection Day 1 and at full price.

They'll likely remake MGS2 and then 1 after if it does well. And obviously a MGS4 remake or remaster would be needed although more challenging to make. However they could add additional gameplay levels to MGS4 to make the cutscenes feel less overwhelming.

But my dream would be a MGS2 remake where they let us also play as Snake during the game when he's off in Shell 2. I always wanted to see what was inside Struts G, H, I, J, K and L. I know we got a glimpse inside one of them. But even at the Fatman bomb diffusal mission they could let you play as Snake when he was off saving his bombs. Also the intro mission when he sneaks in with the seal team.

Anyway probably wouldn't happen but you never know.

Kerotan

Konami just needs to just suck it up and ask Kojima for forgiveness, give him a decent bag and BEG him to come on as a "consultant".
Let kojima enjoy the change of pace making death stranding. Maybe someday they'll hire him to make chapter 3 for MGS5. And possibly a remake of Metal Gear 1 and 2 because they're the sequels to MGSV right?

The only thing I keep seeing is that his brow is so fucking furrowed that it somehow shows all the way through his headband. Like how strong and pronounced is his...furrowing to be able to cause those severe imprints in that fabric.

I need to know his facial muscle workout routine stat.

Gambit2483

Let kojima enjoy the change of pace making death stranding. Maybe someday they'll hire him to make chapter 3 for MGS5. And possibly a remake of Metal Gear 1 and 2 because they're the sequels to MGSV right?
All they would need to do is send him some alphas and betas to play/watch and just ask how badly are they fucking it up (or not). If they aren't changing too much then it should be a fairly easy "job" for him.

Bottom line is if Kojima gives his approval chances are it will turn out good, which means it will sell good, and we can expect a Remake of MGS.

I see this as positive. Personally didn't know Virtuous Studios had a hand in that many successful titles so it's a good thing. But at the same time for anyone who is still on the fence about them Konami is working on it too.

But with the voice overs, does that mean they are just reusing the original recordings or bringing back the original cast? If its just reusing I wouldn't be surprised to hear David Hayter recording new stuff even if it's just some small stuff.

As for the whole Kojima thing? No one is shocked he doesn't have a hand in it. Too soon. But here's the thing about falling outs and grudges, they fade over time and people leave companies all the time. Who's so say in 5 years that who ever Kojima had beef with is gone and the offer of remaking mgs1 gets passed to his desk.

yurinka

What's Virtuous? What did they make before?
Virtuos is a big outsourcing support studio with several offices in multiple countries that worked in basically any big AAA you know since decades ago, even if often they aren't credited.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

As for the whole Kojima thing? No one is shocked he doesn't have a hand in it. Too soon. But here's the thing about falling outs and grudges, they fade over time and people leave companies all the time. Who's so say in 5 years that who ever Kojima had beef with is gone and the offer of remaking mgs1 gets passed to his desk.
Exactly, which is why I'm hoping someone at Konami understands how integral his approval/involvement (on some level) is to not only the quality but the sales and reception of this game.

Kojima always said he wanted to (at some point) hand over the franchise to a newer team/leadership...what better opportunity than this, a remake of his PS2 magnum opus?

poodaddy

I don't know, call me crazy but none of this is a red flag to me. They're using the original voices, good, they're using the old Kojima team, awesome as the team is responsible for how good those games are, not Kojima's egotistical pretentious ass, and the lack of involvement from Kojima seems like a positive to me, it will actually be completed on time at least and within budget. Virtuous isn't developing, they're just support, so that's not a red flag either.

Shit man, I'm still hype, nothing is fucked here dude.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
What's Virtuous? What did they make before?
According to their website, they worked on:

-The Outer Worlds
-Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond
-FFXII:ZA
-Outriders
-Dark Souls Remastered
-Marvel’s Avengers
-Grounded
-CoD: War Zone
-CoD: Vanguard
-CoD: BOCW
-Destroy All Humans
-SW Fallen Order
-Zero Dawn
-Forbidden West
-Bioshock collection
-PUBG
-Xcom 2 collection
-Vader Immortal
-Life Rendered
-LoL
-Rift Apart
-Halo Infinite
-DMC5
-DS Remake
-TLoU2
-GotG
-New World

nial

Gold Member
What's the deal with this?
Is it an in-house Konami game that Virtuos is doing extra work on (think 1-Up Studio on Super Mario Odyssey or Bluepoint on God of War Ragnarok), or a Virtuos game being assisted by Konami's development division?

TLZ

Banned
I don't know, call me crazy but none of this is a red flag to me. They're using the original voices, good, they're using the old Kojima team, awesome as the team is responsible for how good those games are, not Kojima's egotistical pretentious ass, and the lack of involvement from Kojima seems like a positive to me, it will actually be completed on time at least and within budget. Virtuous isn't developing, they're just support, so that's not a red flag either.

Shit man, I'm still hype, nothing is fucked here dude.
Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

Calm your tits people.

TLZ

Banned
What's the deal with this?
Is it an in-house Konami game that Virtuos is doing extra work on (think 1-Up Studio on Super Mario Odyssey or Bluepoint on God of War Ragnarok), or a Virtuos game being assisted by Konami's development division?
Konami game assisted by Virtuos.

If they take the original games and have the Konami team and Virtuous slap on some AA to AAA graphics, with 4k/60 gameplay, i think we all win

Last edited:
Top Bottom