• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake Announced - Master Collection coming in Autumn 2023 | PlayStation Showcase

DareDaniel

Banned
yr1v2msjwv1b1.jpg
So bad I thought it was a joke to mock ignorant gaming journalists, but it's really there lol

lolol.jpg

GreatnessRD

Just give me the price, Konami... and its yours.

The fanbase really needs to pound on the door for a MGS4 remaster. Not trying to hear it can't be done by billion dollar companies.

Roufianos

Hyyyyyyyyyyype. So happy to have my favourite series back. The attention to detail in the trailer gives me faith this will be a loving remake.

RaduN

Somewhere in between. Levels look to have nearly identical geometry but it will likely have a control overhaul and other qol features such as the crouch-walk from the 3DS version. Voice acting is also being re-recorded unlike the master chief collection, and I would expect a new rendition of the soundtrack too.
They explicitly said they are using the same voices. Also the story is unchanged, so same cutscenes.

Kerotan

I'm assuming MGS3 remake is being sold separately to the Vol 1 bundle.

Hopefully Vol 2 includes a MGS4 4k 60fps remaster, MGSV, Peace Weaker, portable ops and Metal Gear Rising.

I wonder after 3 what will they remake next. MGS1, 2 or 4?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
When "game journalists" don't actually fucking know video games this is what you get.

Edit: Also something about this tweet from ol' Geoff bugs me.

He's posting like a vindictive twitter user cause of his close association with Kojima.

But he's asking the right question.

They have been awkwardly silent about which developer is making this.

SH2's trailer had Bloober Team branding on it in the opening.

SJRB

Gold Member
How they NOT have Snake say "Kept you waiting, huh" at the end of that trailer is beyond me.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
They explicitly said they are using the same voices. Also the story is unchanged, so same cutscenes.

“The remake will star the original voice actors”

They are going to rerecord, dude. Twin Snakes also “starred the original cast”, they rerecorded everything.

Hopefully Vol 2 includes a MGS4 4k 60fps remaster, MGSV, Peace Weaker, portable ops and Metal Gear Rising.

Considering Vol 1 collection is being released this Autumn and MGS3 Delta isn’t being released this year, yes they are being sold separately haha. We also know Vol 1 is getting a physical collection which is nice :)

LordCBH

Fuck it, put the two metal gear acid games in volume 2. Those games were the shit.

I have a bad feeling towards this game.
Showing a CGI trailer at reveal, not naming the development team behind it and no Kojima altogether.
Did Konami release a good game since MGS V? Can't remember one. They just want to hop on the remake train and want to get the old fans to buy this game but I think this game will be made out of the mechanics of MGS V like Metal Gear Survive and it will flop hard.

Kerotan

Fuck it, put the two metal gear acid games in volume 2. Those games were the shit.
What sort of games were acid? I remember playing mgs2 for the first time about a year before MGS3 launched. So I played mgs2, then 1 then 3 all in the space of like 18 months. I was thinking there'd be a new metal gear almost every year 😂

Little did I know how long mgs4 and 5 would take and never a MGS6.

mcjmetroid

You know.. I cannot believe the usual sources haven't pointed out how problematic the term "master" collection is.

Can I call this now?

LordCBH

What sort of games were acid? I remember playing mgs2 for the first time about a year before MGS3 launched. So I played mgs2, then 1 then 3 all in the space of like 18 months. I was thinking there'd be a new metal gear almost every year 😂

Little did I know how long mgs4 and 5 would take and never a MGS6.

It’s like a turn based tactical game using cards. Surprisingly addictive.

L*][*N*K

Banned
I really hope Master Collection is also coming to Switch, and I really hope Vol 2 will contain MGS 4, I am not the biggest fan of that game but I think it deserves better than being stuck on PS3, furthermore I personally want the PSP exclusives Portable Ops, Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2 to somehow make it to modern consoles.

It’s the best place to start if they want to bring back the series. MGS did so much retconning it’s insane. If they start chronological they can bring the plot into a certain order.

Gals Kojima is not involved by the way as this will probably spare us the embarrassing parts in the writing. Looking forward to play a MG again without cringy dialogue.
Yikes you want the codec conversations gone? I sure don't lol that dialogue lead to one of the best endings in gaming also.

You basically dont want an MGS game then. And some of you must not watch alot of anime lol or only consume western content

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Yikes you want the codec conversations gone? I sure don't lol that dialogue lead to one of the best endings in gaming also.

You basically dont want an MGS game then. And some of you must not watch alot of anime lol or only consume western content
There is goofy and then there is goofy. The series was always special with the dialogue but there is a huge difference between the goofyness pre and post MGS2. Former was ok, latter was way too much.

There is goofy and then there is goofy. The series was always special with the dialogue but there is a huge difference between the goofyness pre and post MGS2. Former was ok, latter was way too much.
I remember the codec conversations where you could call and the variety of things they would talk about was awesome. I forget the girls name, but one would routinely talk about films and film facts.

Others would talk about life and other thinfs, they also would all react to the bosses you fought, or high alert situations you were in.

I hope you wouldnt want that gone, thats heart, and that...was better than the other entries, same with the ending.

I would always take some cheese flif the core idea is creative and interesting. Same reason why I like anime, kingdom hearts etc. FMA brotherhood has some cheese but will do some of the sickest shit you'll ever see. Whereas more westernized stuff will have no cheese but also never do anything creatively sick .

Last edited:
I'm expecting Konami to use this release as a measuring stick to see how other releases will do. They did the same thing with Fatal Frame V and we got a port of Fatal Frame IV as a result. I'm all for it though, but I really want Silent Hill 1 on PC, that to me is a masterpiece.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I remember the codec conversations where you could call and the variety of things they would talk about was awesome. I forget the girls name, but one would routinely talk about films and film facts.

Others would talk about life and other thinfs, they also would all react to the bosses you fought, or high alert situations you were in.

I hope you wouldnt want that gone, thats heart, and that...was better than the other entries, same with the ending.

I would always take some cheese flif the core idea is creative and interesting. Same reason why I like anime, kingdom hearts etc. FMA brotherhood has some cheese but will do some of the sickest shit you'll ever see. Whereas more westernized stuff will have no cheese but also never do anything creatively sick .
The codec convos with Mei Ling were not goofy, they were damn cool. I don’t want that gone. What I want gone is stuff like pants shitting Johnny Sasaki being a main character and similar trash.

RaduN

So we're ok with vampires walking on water (let that sink in for a moment...pun intended), but a freak controlling bees is where we draw the line, right?
Nah, i don't think do...

Mr.Phoenix

I have a bad feeling towards this game.
Showing a CGI trailer at reveal, not naming the development team behind it and no Kojima altogether.
Did Konami release a good game since MGS V? Can't remember one. They just want to hop on the remake train and want to get the old fans to buy this game but I think this game will be made out of the mechanics of MGS V like Metal Gear Survive and it will flop hard.
let's just stop this here. This is exactly why Konami didn't mention the dev because I am sure they are aware of how fanatic Kojima fans are.

Yes, MGS is his brainchild, but the IP belongs to Konami. let us get over that. It won't be the first time a game is being remade with no real direct input from its original creator.

Can't hurt to at least wait till previews are out and then we can start making these DOA assessments.

|Wait, the Master Collection allows us to play these games "as they were" at launch?
Does this mean it's the shit original version of Snake Eater that forces the overhead camera?

Why would they not put in Substance and Subsistence?
Why isn't the VR Expansion for MGS 1 included?

I want to be excited, I truly love the MGS series, but this is some monkey paw shit.
Between 2 and 3 possibly being the original releases, and Delta very likely being changed for "modern audiences", I'm worried.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
|Wait, the Master Collection allows us to play these games "as they were" at launch?
Does this mean it's the shit original version of Snake Eater that forces the overhead camera?

I want to be excited, I truly love the MGS series, but this is some monkey paw shit.
Between 2 and 3 possibly being the original releases, and Delta very likely being changed for "modern audiences", I'm worried.

Relax. Its confirmed it has the MGS1 VR Missions included and is the Substance/Subsistence versions of 2 & 3. MGS3 also includes MG1 & MG2 MSX ports.

The only bad thing is MGS1 is 4:3 ratio so it will have borders on your 4k TV. Also I would assume the little things missing from the PS3 version, like Skateboarding Mode, will also be missing.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

Ben87fr

I don't know what to think, i played the original lots of times like Resident Evil 4 at the time and the remake of re4 was great but Konami man, they don't give a fuck so why should i 😓

Killer8

Something looks off about the screenshots. Like they have their materials settings not dialed in correctly. Things like the crocodiles and the bridge ropes have a weird plastic-y sheen to them. The rock textures also look a little too AI generated, like the dev pressed a 'randomize bumpiness' button and called it a day.

And in regards to the dev, if it is Virtuous, that certainly lowers my expectations significantly. Konami said it's them plus their own internal team working together, so here is hoping the latter has more input than the former. Virtuous have done a bunch of shitty remasters, true, but this is more like a full blown remake in their hands. They've provided artwork to big AAA graphical showcases like the Horizon series, so they do have some potential to do good work. I'm not going to write it off completely just yet.

Top Bottom