• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor: ReFantazio “ATLUS Exclusive” livestream next Monday (Apr 22)

Atlus West did the same for a Persona 3 Reload trailer, so it's just the trailer definitely. That aside, this is a day one for me. I love Atlus' works.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Atlus West did the same for a Persona 3 Reload trailer, so it's just the trailer definitely. That aside, this is a day one for me. I love Atlus' works.
Yeah that’s what I thought, also fucking yeah I’m getting this day one. Hashino and his team makes great games!

Catherine was another new IP Hashino made that I absolutely loved.

I'll check it out later ^^

Thanks 😊
xPa6eUI.jpeg

Ferdimage

I watched the stream on the Atlus JP channel originally.... just watched the English version and wow the VA is amazing!
I always play my Persona games in Japanese VA, but after hearing that, English all the way.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
This looks so good and unique. I had never played any Atlus games prior to playing Person 5 on switch, it really won me over, loved SMT V and looking forward to picking up vengeance on Steam Deck. , Hope this runs well on SD

Looks solid enough. I was half-expecting it to be delayed into early 2025, so I'm a bit surprised it's coming out in October. Seems like most of the game is already finished. This is a fantastic year for Atlus, between the release of P3R, SMTVV, and Metaphor (plus Unicorn Overlord).

Not too thrilled about the Archetypes, aside from that of the protagnist and his bro, the others look rather underwhelming compared to the demons and Personas of SMT/Persona. But it's nice that party members can equip different ones, not just the protagonist.

The blonde horned dude is definitely a villain.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
This looks so good and unique. I had never played any Atlus games prior to playing Person 5 on switch, it really won me over, loved SMT V and looking forward to picking up vengeance on Steam Deck. , Hope this runs well on SD
System requirements are veeery low for that game! Bet it will run like a dream.

jimmypython

Very promising! I will be there DAY ONE…

For the inevitable “FES/golden/royal/vengeance” edition….

Last edited:
I love the way lines and oil paint work is moving, I saw this type of aesthetics long time a go but I dont know where.
Yup, it's super stylish; I love everything about it and it's def quite unique (even more so than the work they did with P5 and P3R).

Also, I was chatting with a friend on Discord who's a senior artist at big gaming studio and he told me he's pre-ordering the Collector's Edition just because he's in love with the UI lol.

Last edited:
This interview excerpt was published and translated by Persona Central yesterday:

Finally, this title’s release date has been announced. I imagine you’ve put a considerable amount of effort into the game until now, but looking back, how do you feel?

Hashino:
The first few years was a period of preparation while developing Catherine: Full Body (released in 2019), so development began in earnest after that. In a sense, the most challenging period was when we were forced to work remotely, but now we’ve almost completed preparations for multi-platform compatibility and a simultaneous worldwide release. We’ve finally reached this point.

Reading back on an interview conducted during the planning stages, you mentioned, “Because we’ve always used reality as the setting, we hadn’t delved into its fundamental aspects. I want to depict the collision of various mindsets, such as why people fight in this world, from the perspective of someone who has grown up in that fantasy world, and I want them to bring back some of that back to our reality.” It seems like this work is truly a manifestation of your original intentions!

Hashino:
Of course, we didn’t have a clear vision of the final product from the outset, so we went through trial and error while building the systems, among other things. Even the UI which evokes this project’s image went through several major redesigns before the design was solidified. When you see the finished game, you might get the impression that it’s not as orthodox a fantasy as you expected (laughs), but I think we were able to continue making it while aiming for an Atlus-like feel.

Originally, the reason we liked modern dramas was because we wanted to depict themes that could resonate with our own reality; that could provide some kind of connected insight. As long as this fundamental idea remained, we didn’t hesitate in including elements that deviated from typical fantasy ones.

The package illustration drawn by Shigenori Soejima is also spectacular.

Hashino: First, let me provide some additional details about the title’s logo placed in the center of the visual. It’s inspired by the main street of the royal capital, with perspective applied towards the “A” in the middle, which is meant to evoke the cathedral in the story. Below the logo, you can see the protagonists leading the masses, while their adversaries are depicted above.

In a previous interview, Soejima-san mentioned this about the protagonist: “While there is a “player = protagonist” dynamic, the protagonist isn’t simply a blank slate. I designed him as an androgynous young man with a gentle yet intriguing aura, possessing a strong gaze.” Indeed, the illustration conveys a different atmosphere compared to the protagonists of the Persona series.

[Omitted. For the full interview, including discussions on the protagonist’s motivations, Archetype, and new information regarding “Fast & Squad,” please refer to the complete article in this issue.]

Alongside the interview, the magazine also presents the game’s elements based on the latest screenshots, focusing on the unique Atlus touches found throughout the game.

The game’s content seems to be nearly complete, but how do you feel about it now?

Hashino
: I feel like we’ve done everything we could. We’ve just been earnestly working on it, so I can only hope that many people will enjoy it. On the game’s official website, we’ve gone a step further from the traditional trailers that showcased its atmosphere and have released explanatory videos to convey the actual feel of the game. I hope you’ll take a look at those as well. Please also look forward to further updates in the future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom