• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor: ReFantazio details ‘Fast & Squad’ battle system, party formation, gauntlet runner, facilities, more

Labadal

New info released. Lots of screens and information to take part of.

I'll just post a few screens, read the rest at the link.

Metaphor-ReFantazio_2024_05-07-24_001-1920x1080.jpg

Metaphor-ReFantazio_2024_05-07-24_003-1024x576.jpg

Metaphor-ReFantazio_2024_05-07-24_005-1024x576.jpg

Metaphor-ReFantazio_2024_05-07-24_011-1024x576.jpg

Metaphor-ReFantazio_2024_05-07-24_019-1024x576.jpg

My own speculation: These jobs archetypes cap at level 20, so I'm going to guess that more advanced ones may be capped at higher levels.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
This game will likely be my GOTY this year.

Firing on all cylinders everytime I see it or read more on it.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I'm not sure if this was already known but it is new to me.

In addition, since the “Fast” attack style depends on the Archetypes equipped by the player, finding a specific “Fast” fighting style that suits you will also be important in navigating the dungeons. Also, continuing to attack in “Fast” battle allows you to stun the enemy and start a command battle with an advantage.

So the archetype defines the fighting style outside of command battles. Pretty lose description. Could be different attacks or weapons. Maybe advantages through certain "elemental differences"? Archetype examples are Seeker, Mage and Thief so i'm curious on how it impacts 'Fast' gameplay. And just initiating a command battle through 'Fast' engagement isn't enough to gain an advantage, enemies need to be stunned. Finally some layers appear to the 'Fast' battle system.

Furthermore, during command battles, players can make various choices, such as handing over their turn to the next member, switching between front and back rows, and switching party members.

I can't wait to see the full extent of the 'Command' battles and hope for some real depth.

In addition, the difficulty level of battles in this game is intentionally made to be high, designed to emphasize the tension of deliberating and selecting commands to earn a great sense of accomplishment that comes with victory.

Good to read that it will be a challenging game! In fact "high difficulty" and "great sense of accomplishment" sounds punishing. Would be nice if the game is designed around the challenge and that it's not just a difficulty slider.

Top Bottom