• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor: ReFantazio Ranked in Xbox Most Played Games in Japan

Source - Microsoft Store Japan

L7P203D.png

They're probably doing play testing, but it's a bit weird that the game is showing up in the most played games category.

Last edited:

Bridges

I wish Xbox and PlayStation had the balls to show us player counts
I wanna say that Xbox One pre-release had some dashboard leaks that showed stats like this and hours played, which was really cool. Then they stripped those out, unclear if it was ever intended for the public though. Hours played was eventually added back at least. Gotta applaud Valve for their transparency with things like this.

Z O N E

I wish Xbox and PlayStation had the balls to show us player counts

The one big issue with seeing player counts, is you tend to not then play/try playing a game if the player count is low.

It was like that with Halo where the player count was too low in a playlist that you don't even bother trying to search a game, so you just gravitate to the most populous playlists.

Also, no point showing player counts for single player games.

Kacho

The one big issue with seeing player counts, is you tend to not then play/try playing a game if the player count is low.

It was like that with Halo where the player count was too low in a playlist that you don't even bother trying to search a game, so you just gravitate to the most populous playlists.
Transparency is nothing but a positive for consumers since it helps them make more informed purchases.

Also, no point showing player counts for single player games.
It gives us an idea on how well a game does at launch relative to others. It's never been a controversial metric on Steam so I don't see how it's pointless. Again, transparency is a good thing.

Topher

Gold Member
Transparency is nothing but a positive for consumers since it helps them make more informed purchases.

It gives us an idea on how well a game does at launch relative to others. It's never been a controversial metric on Steam so I don't see how it's pointless. Again, transparency is a good thing.

I wonder if they have some data sharing deal with Circana.

Top Bottom