• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Exodus reviews are out

Kootur

Neo Member
I have to agree, really enjoyed the first two games and was super excited to play this one. Unfortunately it was a giant suck for me. None of it came together well.

Same but now I recently got back into it and a few other games Like anno 1800. Seems to be a lul in releases.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
😐 Gross. Theres only like eight shitty guns? Looks like I won't bother to play this.

There are a lot of customization options for guns, i never bored by gun play in this game. Ammo is scarce too, you don't walk around killing twenty mutants at the same time.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know if you're joking or retarded. I hope it's the former rather than the latter
Because I'm choosey about what I invest my gaming time on?
Ok then, I are retarded.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
Because I'm choosey about what I invest my gaming time on?
Ok then, I are retarded.

What are you doing in a Metro thread if you don't care about the game? All the previous ones also have few weapons. Exodus comes with a lot of customization for its base arsenal and you can combine between them different parts. It's really cool.

Coflash

Most likely. If you want action go play Doom. Metro games aren't guns blazing type of games in any way. More stealth

Maybe the first two, you can play most of this guns blazing if you want, even on the hardest difficulty (I did, twice)

Virex

Banned
Maybe the first two, you can play most of this guns blazing if you want, even on the hardest difficulty (I did, twice)
Yes you can. But that's not the preferred way to play it. Especially the morality system in the game. 90% of the time stealth is the best option. Artyom is not a cold blooded killer either.

bati

Yes you can. But that's not the preferred way to play it. Especially the morality system in the game. 90% of the time stealth is the best option. Artyom is not a cold blooded killer either.

Morality system in Metro is fucking retarded and actively holds the game back. The game is a complete shit show on so many fronts that it boggles the mind how people can praise these outdated and archaic design principles. There were games released before 2005 that were more modern than Metro.

Just about the only thing it has going for it is graphics .

Coflash

Preferred way? The game is all about choices, as are the mechanics in place. What makes it preferred? The concept of good and evil or morality in an apocalyptic wasteland? If my goal is to be evil, why would that be a preferred way to play it?

Anyway, that's not what was being discussed. You said it isn't about guns blazing, but it very much is if you want to do things that way. The game will perfectly accomodate that play style. Whether or not Artyom is a cold blooded killer is irrelevant when the choice is yours, when the game's systems continually reward you for being a killer (more ammunition and resources) and when you can earn achievements for killing X amount of people (some even go into the hundreds).

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
Morality system in Metro is fucking retarded and actively holds the game back. The game is a complete shit show on so many fronts that it boggles the mind how people can praise these outdated and archaic design principles. There were games released before 2005 that were more modern than Metro.

ok

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
What are you doing in a Metro thread if you don't care about the game? All the previous ones also have few weapons. Exodus comes with a lot of customization for its base arsenal and you can combine between them different parts. It's really cool.
Because I've never played a Metro game and was wondering about the gun variety.

The first two games, though totally dated in their design, I still found to be pretty enjoyable. I was pumped for Metro Exodus cause I felt they would build upon what was learned from the first to games and "modernize" it for lack of a better word.

What happened was the complete opposite. The only difference between Exodus and the first two games was the inexplicable decision to have these shitty quasi open environments. The gunplay felt like shit. There was no flow, it felt so stiff. The weapon customization was useful until a certain point, I can't remember what weapon it was cause it was so forgettable, and then after that you had no need to find another weapon or customize anything else.

The voice acting was horrendous. The story was stupid, the exploration was basically useless and unnecessary. The game is fuckin horrible and I too don't understand how it got the reviews it did. Even the graphics, while good, are just a facade. It is like walking through a gussied up funhouse. The whole environment has little to no interaction. "Look but don't touch". I just. Fucks sake I don't like this game.

I barely made it through maybe 25% of this game. And I loved the other ones.

This doesn't feel like Metro, not everything needs to be made open world. I'll prolly finish it at some point but unless I'm missing something the magic from the first two games doesn't exist in this one. Which is disappointing because I really enjoyed this series.

Reon

I don't understand how anybody can justify that weapons list if that's accurate. That's less guns than Metro: Last Light had and M:LL did not have many guns at all. Where's the belt-fed shotgun?

Siri

Banned
Metro Exodus was a shockingly good game.

One of the chief things I look for in a game is atmosphere, and this game has it. Incredible HDR and ray tracing effects.

JayK47

I don't understand how anybody can justify that weapons list if that's accurate. That's less guns than Metro: Last Light had and M:LL did not have many guns at all. Where's the belt-fed shotgun?
By the very end, there was a mod that made the shotgun belt fed from a large magazine. It may have been available earlier, but I did not pick it up until the last level.

Overall, I felt there were plenty of weapons in this type of game. I prefer games with less weapons and customization rather than so many weapons I do not know which to use. In DOOM, I felt there were too many weapons, but that is the point with a shooter like that.

Reon

By the very end, there was a mod that made the shotgun belt fed from a large magazine. It may have been available earlier, but I did not pick it up until the last level.

Overall, I felt there were plenty of weapons in this type of game. I prefer games with less weapons and customization rather than so many weapons I do not know which to use. In DOOM, I felt there were too many weapons, but that is the point with a shooter like that.
Ah okay, so they still do the belt-fed shotgun thing but it's an attachment as opposed to being its own gun. Interesting.

Top Bottom