• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Dread vs. Metroid Prime Remastered?

Which is better?

• Metroid Prime Remastered

Votes: 102 73.9%
  • Metroid Dread

Votes: 36 26.1%

• Total voters

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
OOOOOOOOF

wtf dude
i mean if dread had sprite gfx it would have destroyed the remake..
the gameplay in dread and world building is fuckign amazing.. i hated the 3d look.. but that gameplay..

i still voted dread because it's not fair.
but i want to not promote that artstyle i miss GBA snes

Definitely prime, and it's not even close.

Dread is a damn good game, but it has a few flaws that prevent it from being in the Super Metroid/Metroid Prime 1 tier of Metroid games.

Neff

I generally prefer 2D where Metroid is concerned but I've got to give it to Prime Remastered.

As much as I enjoyed Dread it's laughably linear despite wearing the veneer of freedom on its sleeve, and the differences between areas felt negligible in terms of features and obstacles. The presentation felt surprisingly cheap for a major Nintendo-produced title, too. A good title but ultimately underwhelming and not particularly worth the age-long wait.

God, Prime is SO good.I forgot how much I enjoyed it. I never got to finish it back when it came out cos I was in my first year of college and spent all my time enjoying the, uh, social aspects of it.
Anyway, yeah, Dread is good, Prime is great.

Super is perfect.

Mozzarella

I played Prime way too long ago, but i remember i enjoyed it more than Dread which took me a while to start enjoying.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
All of these things.

EMMI was made because the company is full of hacks and don't understand good game design so they needed shitty padding.

Completely agree with the restricted feeling of exploration.

Dread wasn't a Metroid game, it was a fucking mistake.

There are so many superior Metroidvanias that have been better crafted than Dread.

Also the art style was atrocious.
Oh shit, mods I found a post. This is the post. Delete this atrocity or nuke my account.

J jaysius be ashamed of your words and deeds

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I might be a bad person because Dread being linear makes me want to play it. I always get endlessly lost in 2d metroidvanias.
Dread pushing you in a certain direction is kind of a detriment IMO, but the fact it allows you to sequence break and even accounts for it in various ways with extra cutscenes and such = 👌

Also everyone should check out AM2R if you haven’t, easily up there with Dread

Last edited:

SeraphJan

2D and 3D Metroid complement each other

Bur Metroid Prime is the pinnacle of the franchise

Last edited:
For my money - Metroid Prime is the better game. I love 2D Metroid, but to me playing Metroid Dread for the first time last year felt a lot like Fusion which is one of my least favorite Metroid titles.

I couldn't even get that far into it - played an hour and a half maybe, but just wasn't feeling it. I started it up again recently and enjoyed it more, not saying it's a bad game, but definitely prefer Prime. I'd like Nintendo to continue to make both 2D and 3D Metroid though.

Mr Hyde

I loved Dread but I love Prime even more. Not gonna choose though, both are fantastic games. Dread is the best 2D and Prime is the best 3D. Metroid is a god tier franchise.

The Skull

Prime but Dread was exceptional with some flaws.

I don't know if anything will ever surpass Prime 1 or Super. They're in a completely different league.

Last edited:
Top Bottom