• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 2 And 3 Reportedly Also Coming To Nintendo Switch

Marvel14

Banned

On one of his Game Mess Mornings show, Grubb had stated that all Metroid Prime games were coming to the Switch, but that they would do so separately, unlike the Metroid Prime: Trilogy collection for the Wii. He'd also affirmed that only the first game would be getting the higher-scale remaster treatment, while the rest would be simpler ports, likely only with controls adjustments. That was about eight months ago, but after the Metroid Prime Remastered reveal, Grubb reaffirmed his prior claim, as seen below.

He was undoubtedly correct about the first game, so it's likely he's right about the other two as well. Furthermore, him taking the time to reaffirm this means, at the least, that he's still confident about the information after all this time. The question is, when will these titles release?

Even bigger question: will we eventually get Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch? I spent years trying to find a copy in Best Buy and EBGS for Wii with no success..

Last edited:
hmm. The first game is the only one I've ever played, so it could be cool to finally play the whole trilogy. However, it would be disappointing if they're not getting the same updates. Are the sequels as good as the original Metroid Prime?
Metroid Prime 2 is miles ahead of MP1. But that‘s just my opinion.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
While I loved the suit design of 2 I just feel that it's "unfun" compared to the first game at times.

3 I never finished... or got far into, I guess I just found that entry unfun too.

But I'm replaying the remake of 1 and absolutely loving it, so it must be something specifically about 3 I just dislike. I don't think I'd give it anouther chance without some sort of overhaul... I would probably play 2 again though, if only for that part where you finally get the dark suit and look awesome.

Also remaster appears to be missing the fusion suit... which is a real shame, I went though prime on gamecube multiple times using it at an unlock so I actually feel weird playing with the regular suit again.

primefusionsuit.jpg

Last edited:

Jesb

That’s really odd. Nintendo is that parent that gives everything to their first born but nothing to the other two.

HofT

Not getting same treatment yet still released separately and at different times?

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF
For sure, makes no sense. Like, what would they charge for them since the remaster was only $40? It would have to be way less and then the question is, would they even be worth to release?

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

Chiggs

Prime 2 > Prime 1 > Prime 3

Prime 2 is indeed the best. The loneliness and despair of Agon Wastes and Torvus Bog, the complete “WTF is this” moment when you get to Sanctuary Fortress, the more refined and reasonable backtracking, the better, and more plentiful, boss fights….

I love Metroid Prime, but Echoes is a better experience. Problem is that it went head to head with Half-Life 2 and Halo 2…and the rest is history. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Prime 2 is indeed the best. The loneliness and despair of Agon Wastes and Torvus Bog, the complete “WTF is this” moment when you get to Sanctuary Fortress, the more refined and reasonable backtracking, the better, and more plentiful, boss fights….

I love Metroid Prime, but Echoes is a better experience. Problem is that it went head to head with Half-Life 2 and Halo 2…and the rest is history. :messenger_loudly_crying:
Yeah, Echoes was done dirty by gamers, i don't doubt Nintendo will release a decent remaster though, they know all 3 games are high quality even if they didn’t sold equally, more reason for people to play them

Last edited:
Top Bottom