• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Hunters -- optional control scheme

king zell

News: NOM Reveals New Details
By Ash - Jun 16th 2004 22:01
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nintendo Official Magazine has revealed some interesting tidbits about Mario 128 and Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Nintendo Official Magazine's latest issue has an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto which has a lot of interesting details about various games.

Miyamoto revealed that they plan on include a control scheme for Metroid Prime: Hunters that does not require the touch screen, due to several people worrying about having to hold the DS and use the touch screen. He also revealed that the touch screen may get dirty from playing, but a cotton swab is apparently useful.

Miyamoto also announced that Nintendo decided not to show Mario 128 and are experimenting with the game and deciding upon which system to create the game for.

The interview is an interesting read, but you'll have to pick up the latest of NOM to read it in full.

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6646

not bad :)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Phew. I found the MP: Hunters control scheme terribly annoying... I like this news...

However, wouldn't the stylus control allow for more accurate targetting? Wouldn't this put a "non-stylus" player at a disadvantage?

Tenguman

Justin Bailey said:
Nice, I wonder how many other thing's they'll change as a result from the E3 feedback.
The system aesthetic for one ;) I'm pretty sure Nintendo was a little taken back about how much more sleeker the PSP looked compared to the DS at E3

king zell

Tenguman said:
The system aesthetic for one ;) I'm pretty sure Nintendo was a little taken back about how much more sleeker the PSP looked compared to the DS at E3

I think they took the note

I'm so excited to see what they will do with the design

DDayton

On a slightly related note...

Has there been any -real- speculation on the microphone in the DS yet? Are we working on the assumption it will be used in conjunction with the wireless net capabilities, or more for some mystical game related purpose?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
They should put the mic feature in Wario Ware DS where you have to say something while playing a microgame or you lose!

GDGF

Soothsayer
Nintendo's said that they see it being used as communication over WiFi, and as voice recognition. Dammit! Let me produce a DS game, I'm so full of innovation I'm about to explode!

Yay, the one question I asked at our interview ends up being the best one. I win.

By the way, they didn't this in response to what people were saying at E3. Miyamoto was just clarifying, to allay my question about Prime's control scheme, that there would be a standard control method too.

EDIT: And by the way, although I was waiting for NOM to break this tidbit before I used it in any articles or whatnot, I *did* post in old-GAF a while back that there would be a standard control scheme. Serves you right for not listening.

DDayton

Kobun, how much do you have to be bribed to ask questions for us?

(Secret desire to ask Miyamoto about the relationship of Baby Mario and Luigi to Mario & Luigi in the Mario Universe, especially after Martinet at e3 seems conviced that the Baby Mario is Mario's son...)

Eh. I'm a nut.

Kobun Heat said:
Yay, the one question I asked at our interview ends up being the best one. I win.

By the way, they didn't this in response to what people were saying at E3. Miyamoto was just clarifying, to allay my question about Prime's control scheme, that there would be a standard control method too.

EDIT: And by the way, although I was waiting for NOM to break this tidbit before I used it in any articles or whatnot, I *did* post in old-GAF a while back that there would be a standard control scheme. Serves you right for not listening.

Anything interesting in the interview?

DavidDayton said:
On a slightly related note...

Has there been any -real- speculation on the microphone in the DS yet? Are we working on the assumption it will be used in conjunction with the wireless net capabilities, or more for some mystical game related purpose?

Lifeline DS. Frustrated with our poor voice recognition software? Not able to get those commands through just right? Well now along with the amazing voice input you can touch the body part you want to shoot. You can even choose from a list of new techniques...run in a circle, go to the bathroom, bark like a dog, shoot inanimate objects, and last but not least put on more attire from the 17th century.

Redbeard said:
It will use voice recognition instead.

"Turn left!" "Charge Beam!" "Shoot! Shoot!"

that would rock on so many levels. They should do a space channel 5 for the DS with voice recognition. Not too many words and it'd still be about timing.

Top Bottom