• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Remastered |OT| Once More Through Tallon IV

Power Pro

I am part of the problem with "too many remakes/remasters" because yeah, this got me excited. Metroid Prime 1 really was just such a fantastic game. It's gonna be so hard waiting til the 22nd for the physical version also knowing that there's a digital version available today.

mcjmetroid

Haha fucking knew they would separate them. A lot of people over the years can eat crow for thinking they'd release it as a trilogy because "they've done it before" and "they already did it with the Mario 3d platformers"

That being said it looks like a bit of effort went into this one. Redone textures?

SCB3

I am part of the problem with "too many remakes/remasters" because yeah, this got me excited. Metroid Prime 1 really was just such a fantastic game. It's gonna be so hard waiting til the 22nd for the physical version also knowing that there's a digital version available today.
Yea I agree, this is a game that did deserve a Remaster and a chance for a new Audience coming in after how good Dread was

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Any comparison shots? At first I thought it just looked higher res but then I felt like they have changed textures and geometry too in places. But it's been ages.

Last edited:

Trunx81

The most pointless remaster of all time. Still looks like a PS3 game. Seriously, what is the point? Just make new hardware. Christ.
That´s quite a nice compliment for a Game Cube game.

But seriously, 40 Dollars when you can get the whole Trilogy for 20?

Valedix

Digital only

Half Baked Boo GIF

Visually looks great.
Any comparison shots? At first I thought it just looked higher res but then I felt like they have changed textures and geometry too in places. But it's been ages.
Looks like everything is upgraded. Textures, lighting, geometry in characters as well as the environment, UI elements. I was just playing it emulated at 1440p a couple weeks ago. Definitely a big difference.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
£35 lol.

It does look crispy on the Switch OLED in the screenshots, I'll say that. But that's firmly "buy the physical and eBay it days later" territory.

A reminder that there are people on this board who actively want you to not be able to do that.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
+1 part of the problem…no reason this shouldn’t include 2, which is the best of the trilogy…but goddammit I’m gonna buy it….

TexMex

I've been sitting through these mind numbing Directs for years waiting for this and I'm not waiting another second so just bought it digital and will buy it again physical soon as its up.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It has pointer controls option. So I guess it's based on the Wii Trilogy. Cool. I wonder with the reworked graphics if they re-added the effects they removed from that Trilogy because they didn't fit with the way the weapon moved around with your pointer etc.

They also have art unlocks from both original and the remaster, neat. What studio did this again?

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Really want this now, but I’ll hold off until the retail version releases. Looks pretty sweet though, feels like I’ve been waiting for a HD version of Prime for forever. Such a great game!

Kabelly

price is shit and not being the trilogy is shit but finally

she's free. we better get 2 and 3 before 4 comes out.

jaysius

Banned
It has pointer controls option. So I guess it's based on the Wii Trilogy. Cool. I wonder with the reworked graphics if they re-added the effects they removed from that Trilogy because they didn't fit with the way the weapon moved around with your pointer etc.

They also have art unlocks from both original and the remaster, neat. What studio did this again?

Holy shit the jaggies, this looks like shit, some people are doing some major copium on this rip off of a "remaster".

$50 CND is far too much for this joke.

Should have came with an FOV option, this is awful for 2023.

Last edited:
Top Bottom