• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Remastered Was Possibly Completed Years Ago

Moses85

Didn't Grubb and Rogers say back then that Nintendo had finished games that for some reason had not been announced? FE Engage was rumored to be completed and then some images with the chinese language option were leaked months before its announcement. Then days after its launch the same rating boards have informed that it was rated around a year before.
Zelda TP and TWW

Woopah

It seems like Nintnedo has a lot of games finishing development in 2022 but not as many in 2023, so holding some over to a keep a constant stream of releases going is pretty smart. Hopefully that stream continues after July.

And people honestly think Nintendo needs to release Switch two now, when (wasn't this just last year?) Nintendo commited to 2-3 more years of dedicated Switch support. How much do they have under lock and key?
In the recent investors brief it was announced that new Switch games are still being proposed. Doesn't mean Switch 2 is 2-3 years away though, as I'm expecting a lengthy cross-gen period.
They can bring out a Metroid Prime remastered but not a F-Zero GX remastered....as bad as Sega with Daytona 2
I think there's a solid chance we get GX remastered before March 2024.

RAIDEN1

It seems like Nintnedo has a lot of games finishing development in 2022 but not as many in 2023, so holding some over to a keep a constant stream of releases going is pretty smart. Hopefully that stream continues after July.

In the recent investors brief it was announced that new Switch games are still being proposed. Doesn't mean Switch 2 is 2-3 years away though, as I'm expecting a lengthy cross-gen period.

I think there's a solid chance we get GX remastered before March 2024.
I mean Dead Space when it first came out in 2008 wasn't exactly a global super hit with copies flying off the shelves yet that got a remaster....so no reason why a critically acclaimed F-Zero can't get it either...

Woopah

I mean Dead Space when it first came out in 2008 wasn't exactly a global super hit with copies flying off the shelves yet that got a remaster....so no reason why a critically acclaimed F-Zero can't get it either...
Plus Nintnedo has done Advance Wars and Detective Club remakes on Switch, so they are not against bringing back old franchises.

Top Bottom