• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mets’ Jenrry Mejia Banned for Life After Third Positive Drug Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovid

Mets relief pitcher Jenrry Mejia has been permanently suspended by Major League Baseball after testing positive for a banned substance for the third time.

Mejia, 26, is the first player to receive a lifetime ban under the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy.

“We were deeply disappointed to hear that Jenrry has again violated Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program,” the Mets said in a statement. “We will have no further comment on this suspension.”

Mejia, who was tabbed as the Mets’ closer at the beginning of the 2015 season, was suspended for 80 games in April when he tested positive for Stanozolol. He returned to appear in seven games in July, only to receive his second suspension for banned substances on July 28—that time for 162 games, according to MLB rules.

After Mejia’s second suspension, which would have made him available for the stretch run of this upcoming 2016 season, the Mets brass expressed concern with his future.
wsj.com

What a dope.

qtQsHxf.png

He's so vein he thought he'd get away with it but MLB injected a fatal dose of reality into his career

Sad thing is he'll still get in the Hall before Pete Rose does.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
If there's a point where you get a permanent ban (and I assume your team gets out of the contract), how is AROD still good?

I thought it was shocking when the Mets signed him after his second bust. Now this is even more shocking. They should bring him to the stadium for opening day, set him up in the bleachers, and let fans pelt him with rotten tomatoes. What a loser.

23qwerty

I don't understand how you can be so foolish as to keep using PED's after being caught TWICE already. Damn that's a whole lot of lost future income.. I guess he could go play in Japan or something?

Jenrry... God my people give their children the dumbest names.

Mejia is a dumb ass. He should have learned after the second time getting caught.

Mesousa

Banned

Mejia is a dumb ass. He should have learned after the second time getting caught.

Parents should have gave him a nice English Christian name? Like john?

Dominicans should totally conform to our Anglo norms.

I don't understand how you can be so foolish as to keep using PED's after being caught TWICE already. Damn that's a whole lot of lost future income.. I guess he could go play in Japan or something?

Nope, any leagues affiliated with MLB will honor the ban, Japan, South Korea, Mexico. He can probably play in some lesser league. He's playing in the Domican Republic now. Seriously don't understand how someone fails so many drug tests within such a short period of time.

Slayven

On one hand I think PED should be legal. On the other you got to be stupid to not clean your shit up after the second time.

Damn! After he finally cut that hair and started looking fine, too.

Given his history, I hope this doesn't put him on a dark path. He needs family and support. I'm here for you, boo.

He was a top 25 prospect in baseball before his arm gave out, I think the juice helped him get back and it became a mental crutch to him at a point.

Honestly, how much he talks about how his mother means to him and how important it is to support his family, I do somewhat understand why.

The kid had wicked stuff, shame he could never stay healthy or stay smart enough to harness it.

I think it's because if you read out the name in Spanish it would sound like "Henry". Maybe his parents just preferred that to calling him "Enrique".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom