• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV Nuclear Disarmament Comes to the PS3

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

A milestone has been released in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. The PlayStation 3 players of the world have made the virtual world a little brighter. Yes, the MGSV nuclear disarmament PS3 ending has been unlocked as of July 27, 2020.

I waited too long for you to make this thread MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima

FranXico

It already was unlocked in PC and PS4, if I remember correctly.
As online activity dies out, it becomes easier to unlock and more frequent.

Last edited:

treemk

Banned
If you had a nuke in this game and you go afk for a few years do you lose your nuke?

If you have a nuke you will probably lose it if you go afk for 15 minutes. If you have a really high level FOB you might be able to keep it longer, but for the most part you need to be online or your friends need to be online to defend it.

Kerotan

If you have a nuke you will probably lose it if you go afk for 15 minutes. If you have a really high level FOB you might be able to keep it longer, but for the most part you need to be online or your friends need to be online to defend it.
I had one for months but eventually disarmed it. That was on the ps4 version a few years ago. Hopefully we get this ending on ps4 too.

treemk

Banned
I had one for months but eventually disarmed it. That was on the ps4 version a few years ago. Hopefully we get this ending on ps4 too.

That is weird, whenever I've had a nuke I get invaded within about 5 minutes. People suspected there were nukes that never got listed though, maybe that happened to yours.

I built and dismantled a nuke on that day. It was weird. After dismantling the nuke, i headed out to do a side OP, then returned to the ACC and got a message from Ocelot to return to mother base. The cutscene played and I thought it was some kinda glitch. Then I saw the stories about this popping up the next day. Kinda neat to know that I played a part in this.

Barakov

Gold Member
34qPbXG.jpg

All it took was a dead console to be twice replaced this fall, a dead game, and a dead playerbase to reverse nuclear proliferation. It's pretty elementary.

Bolivar687

Banned
From what I recall Konami just unlocked it for PS4/One because it got accidentally triggered on PC. Pretty cool that this got done organically.

I think the nuclear disarmament mechanic is one of the most ambitious things ever put into a game. I already love MGSV's endgame loop as it is but I have a feeling if Kojima Productions had stayed in place they would have kept it going with episodic stories and all kinds of cool persistent content.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Awesome stuff. I love that ending.

MGSV actually has five endings when you count them all:

Ground Zeroes
Skull Face
Quiet Exit
The Truth
Peace (this one)

I’m still playing this on PS4 Pro. Just jumped in to do some side ops like killing parasite zombies in the Afghan ruins. I got distracted because I heard Hall & Oates coming from somewhere in this bombed out temple playing on a tiny Russian stereo. Now I’m on the hunt for this cassette tape, gonna make my helicopter play it during landing/takeoff.

Also after hundreds of hours I never noticed until today the piano on the third floor of Lamar Khaate Palace. Best MGS imo

Last edited:
Top Bottom