• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Giacchino’s full Batman theme released

SJRB

Gold Member
Kinda weaksauce. The entire slow orchestral bit in the middle has like zero punch to it, it just sounds like random ambient music. Also the second half is like a three minute buildup to a climax that never comes.

It's a shame the escalation that can be heard in the Main Trailer isn't in this bit, that's the best part of the theme.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

It's awful.

The two note "theme," if you can even call it that, sounds like a direct slice of Chopin's famous funeral march, and done in a way that it also brings the Imperial March to mind. Totally lazy, and if I caught that on first listen there is no way a guy like Giacchino didn't know what he was doing while working on it. The rest almost sounds like a first pass on the piano at chord progressions and he just went "yeah that's good enough."

He might have gotten direction from the director to do that though, who knows.

For those who don't know what I'm referring to (though you'll recognize it the second you hear it since it's one of the most recognizable pieces of classical music on the planet):

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Giacchino composes another yawn fest. Dude is overrated and shouldn’t even be compared with the likes of Williams or Goldsmith.

Heck I’d rather the likes of Zimmer and Giacchino are kicked to the curb, and actually talented folks such as Bear McCreary and Christopher Tin given greater opportunities.

Oberstein

ZJycGzw.gif

Top Bottom