• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft’s 20th Anniversary Xbox controller has been revealed early

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Gotta say I hate the blacked-out face buttons, should at least be a legible whiteish color.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
That controller...

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

Jaysen

Banned
The green is rubberized. It’s the same as the rubber in the elite version 1.

You can see it in the black on the left side too.
It isn’t. It’s the same texturing on my controller that was included with my console.

edit - it’s possible the green is rubberized like on the new blue controller, but I returned the blue one because only that one part was rubberized. It creates a weird raised gap between the rubber portion and the portion that is just textured.

Last edited:

SegaManAU

Gold Member
That is freakin gorgeous. I will pre-order as soon as possible. November is going to be a very expensive month.

Last edited:

Jaysen

Banned
The green part is rubberized, I have a controller with it. It's only on the inside, outside of the grips is textured plastic
So it’s the opposite of that blue controller they just released? I thought that one was dumb, because you’d think you would want the rubber section to be on the inside not the outside.

This controller does not have rubberized grips.

GUEST_0b944c7d-4a9d-4340-b424-bf70447a808e

This is what rubberized grips look like:

GUEST_ed63c00b-ee53-4957-a64b-32c3b85e00f6

But that's a different texture than any other regular Xbox Series controller.

Both are rubber, just a different texture imho.

b0d80f7e-7299-43ed-93b1-70cf8241a97d.jpg

Edit:
Yes definitely rubber
d4f69f1d-cf65-48fb-a3e3-06c9ccdd4ec8.jpg

Last edited:

Plantoid

Sexy as hell but my controller still works perfectly and I have no reason to get another, these things last...

But this I would buy for sure I was in need of one

Rossco EZ

i really want it but the green on the back annoys me, wish it was just black. looks great from the front though!

ReBurn

Gold Member
Just preordered from Microsoft. I don't usually care about these kinds of controllers but seeing as I've been gaming on Xbox since the beginning I think I'd like one.

FeldMonster

Would've taken an updated duke myself :messenger_smirking:

Edit: I don't get what's triggering about preferring a revemp to the original Xbox controller over a simple reskin of the current one for a 20th anniversary. Unless the OG Xbox is triggering somehow to Xbox fans....
The Hyperkin Duke is quite faithful to the original, and is compatible with both the Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles. My only gripe with it is that is not wireless.

rapid32.5

constantly amazed by these controller designs, super impressive. I wanna have more than 3 controllers for one console but it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
The Hyperkin Duke is quite faithful to the original, and is compatible with both the Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles. My only gripe with it is that is not wireless.

Thanks for the heads up on that, had no idea there was at least a 3rd party option that was doing a revamped Duke. I'll have to get one of these, wired is no issue for me, as not much else gets me nostalgic for classic Xbox quite like that hefty controller :messenger_grinning_sweat:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I wish they would make limited editions of Elite controller. I really like some of the designs but I will never buy a controller without back paddles.

Derktron

Banned
I'm surprised how easy it was to preorder but for this controller, I will actually want to buy. Looks amazing

coffinbirth

I wish they would make limited editions of Elite controller. I really like some of the designs but I will never buy a controller without back paddles.
They do, as someone already pointed out the Halo Elite 2 controller, and you can always add paddles(or have someone do it for you)but that makes them a bit pricey. I'm personally considering adding back buttons to the 20th anniversary one. Not sure though with the rubber on the back, will have to get it in my hands first.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I'm actually interested in this if it has the rubberized grips.....there is some back and forth guesses on if this has or doesn't have it.
Any confirmation from Ms?

fart town usa

Gold Member
Damnit.

I was really hoping for this. Can you imagine, lol. edit- it actually is available for the XBOX One, fucking brilliant.

hyperkin-duke-xbox-controller-9123-003.jpg

Last edited:

Jaysen

Banned
I got the Forza controller last week and the anniversary one today. They’re both nice, but holy shit is the rubberized grips on the Forza controller so much nicer than their other controllers.

Top Bottom