• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: ‘Even with Activision Blizzard, we’ll be number three’ - The Activision deal will help it ‘build the next internet’

DrAspirino

Banned
I really wish there was a REAL alternative to Windows.

It's the final piece before I could rid myself of this company from my life.
macOS is always a good alternative. At least it got almost all the productivity apps most people need and it runs Ms Office (which is a must if you want to view any document from any bussiness).

DrAspirino

Banned
I saw the metaverse just now, and that one seems to be the real future.

The fact that you can interact with real people, and have the ability to play games is great and scary at the same time.
The "metaverse" is already here. It just happens that we're too old to see it for what it is and where it's going.

Millions of people are spending hours a day in virtual social spaces like Roblox and Fortnite. Interest in purely digital ownership—and the technology that proponents believe can ensure the security of persistent virtual experiences—has spiked dramatically, with non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and cryptocurrencies making headlines. Virtual productivity platforms are growing too, with Facebook and Microsoft announcing new ways to collaborate online. Nike is even, analysts say, preparing to sell virtual sneakers. Hybrid offices, video-based education and online social communities are just a few of the ways in which more of our lives—for better or worse—is spent in digital spaces.

But GAF is so blinded by the so-called "console war" that isn't able to see the bigger picture: the metaverse is here, right now, and it's only going to get bigger and more invasive, whether we like it or not.

...and Microsoft (as a whole, not just Xbox branch) is preparing for that and even leading the way in some aspects.

Last edited:
They literally want a Sony monopoly, and now realize it's never going to happen.

Hence the hissy fits.

They always said go where the games are, but now there's games they want to play and won't go to them.

It's the most fucking backwards brainwashed shit I've ever seen.

You replace Sony with MS, and you get the jest of what you are thinking. The irony of suggesting that Sony could possibly have a monopoly with MS losing money left and right on their service, absorbing it with a smile, and dropping 80 billion dollars, if not more, since 2018 to ensure they own historical 3d party franchises...I mean, bravo! 😎

Ozriel

M$FT

Someone forced you at gunpoint to never use Linux or a Mac?

lol gotta love how they arent even hiding how they want a windows like monopoly in the console space.

no thanks.

Windows doesn't even have an OS monopoly these days. And shouldn't your scare mongering BS be directed at the leader in the console space that's actively pursuing acquisitions?

Ozriel

M$FT
You replace Sony with MS, and you get the jest of what you are thinking. The irony of suggesting that Sony could possibly have a monopoly with MS losing money left and right on their service, absorbing it with a smile, and dropping 80 billion dollars, if not more, since 2018 to ensure they own historical 3d party franchises...I mean, bravo! 😎

Yep. Evil Microsoft dropping cash to purchase exclusivity for 3rd party titles when they could pay in bananas and hugs like Sony did for Final Fantasy and Street Fighter.

You are very wise.

Yep. Evil Microsoft dropping cash to purchase exclusivity for 3rd party titles when they could pay in bananas and hugs like Sony did for Final Fantasy and Street Fighter.

You are very wise.

Oh yes, 1 or two entries vs a dozen big IPs that will never see the light on the Playstation (The ES, Fallout, Doom, Wolfenstein, Overwatch, Crash, Call of Duty -at some point...)...Evil Sony indeed. Do you type this stuff with a straight face?

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Oh yes, 1 or two entries vs a dozen big IPs that will never see the light on the Playstation (The ES, Fallout, Doom, Wolfenstein, Overwatch, Crash, Call of Duty -at some point...)...Evil Sony indeed. Do you type this stuff with a straight face?
Sony started it. They poked the bear. Now they regret it

Sony started it. They poked the bear. Now they regret it

Congrats on one of the most retarded slogans I have ever read. "Satya, look! They secured game X as a temporary exclusive"..."What! I, Satya, can not accept that! Here, take 70 billions and buy Activision-Blizzard"...That's how strategies are born.
Yep, that's exactly how it went. They poked the bear, instead of playing dead I suppose?
The sheer level of fanboyism, lunacy, delusion and idiocy associated with such takes could create a black hole...🤡🤡🤡

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Congrats on one of the most retarded slogans I have ever read. "Satya, look! They secured game X as a temporary exclusive"..."What! I, Satya, can not accept that! Here, take 70 billions and buy Activision-Blizzard"...That's how strategies are born.
Yep, that's exactly how it went. They poked the bear, instead of playing dead I suppose?
The sheer level of fanboyism, lunacy, delusion and idiocy associated with such takes could create a black hole...🤡🤡🤡
Yikes what a terrible take. You are really losing it, huh? You might actually have to buy an Xbox. Cry more.

Ozriel

M$FT

Yep. It's comparable in idea and strategy. Just differs in scope.

Show me where I typed 'Evil Sony'.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Listen dude even if it was Nintendo or Sony I wouldn't been happy about it. But you are. You think the problem it's my perspective there or yours?
When did I try to champion monopoly? I was criticizing people like you for labeling things you don't like as monopoly.
They will pushed the market to the subscription Gamepass model, even Sony is obliged to adapt them to such strategy rushly. No way they will have spent 3 billions for a company as Bungie some year ago. MS practically has their hands on the AAA western market thanks to their money, Sony and Nintendo can't do anything to stop them than follow their lead. If it's not monopoly I don't know how call it. You people are blinded to the fanboysm if you don't see such danger, not the others who are worried about such perspective.
Game Pass is now a monopoly? I love all these concerned posts calling others fanboys. Sega and Nintendo were the last successful console manufacturers that actually made their own games. Stop pairing others with Nintendo as you see fit. Lets not pretend that people thinking Bungie's next game will be as successful as GTA or Fortnite don't want a monopoly. You guys always wanted a monopoly and there to be only one home console manufacturer since a long time, hence all the false speculation about how Microsoft will close the Xbox division.

DrAspirino

Banned
This not a good argument... like at all. Why? Because....

Tencent to FTC: We want to buy Activision Blizzard
FTC: Fuck off, Poo Bear!
Exactly that.

Seems you have forgotten this: https://carnegieendowment.org/2021/09/16/u.s.-china-trade-war-has-become-cold-war-pub-85352

Anything regarding the chinese nowdays is treated as a "national security" affair in the USA, so it wouldn't be strange at all for the US government to tell its branches to treat all chinese acquisitions as such. Heck, the US government even mandated that foreign apps and investment from China (like Tiktok) pass through the "Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States" (the body that considers the national security implications of foreign investments in U.S. companies), so it is quite reasonable to think that the FTC would deny Tencent the acquisition of Activision (or any other major US publisher) simply because Tencent is chinese.

It's a "Cold war" out there between China and the USA, so any talks about acquisition here have to consider that fact.

Kokoloko85

I haven’t paid or used a microsoft product in 13 years. ( well I used a old pc given to me 2 weeks ago to play Zelda OOT lol )
Apple and Linux for everyday stuff is more than fine. If your PC gaming or game editing or something complicated then Maybe not.
But for browsing, writing, office work, editing, apple and Linux are fine.
I havent seen a blue screen or crash in years

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

I want

Btw I'm tired of this forgivness towards Microsoft and everything they do because Apple/Amazon/whoever else could step in and do something bad while they're not even in the game yet. Seems like nothing more than creating imaginary threat to excuse predatory actions. Pure CCCP propaganda.

Totally this.

In the last week we had Phil act like he’s the good guy by saying Nintendo and Playstation won’t harm the games industry but the “others” Google, Amazon will.

Now they come out with oh…. We’re in third place, dont worry about us and our zillion dollar company buying up publishers and IP’s you care about, we’re only 3rd place and we’re also the good guys :p

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The moment mtx started, gaming industry went downhill.
63ynal.jpg

I guess technically number three if you consider mobile gaming and traditional gaming the same market.

Personally, I'm only interested in non-mobile gaming, so I would count Microsoft as the second largest player, after Sony.

FrankWza

Totally this.

In the last week we had Phil act like he’s the good guy by saying Nintendo and Playstation won’t harm the games industry but the “others” Google, Amazon will.

Now they come out with oh…. We’re in third place, dont worry about us and our zillion dollar company buying up publishers and IP’s you care about, we’re only 3rd place and we’re also the good guys :p
100%

assurdum

Banned
When did I try to champion monopoly? I was criticizing people like you for labeling things you don't like as monopoly.

Game Pass is now a monopoly? I love all these concerned posts calling others fanboys. Sega and Nintendo were the last successful console manufacturers that actually made their own games. Stop pairing others with Nintendo as you see fit. Lets not pretend that people thinking Bungie's next game will be as successful as GTA or Fortnite don't want a monopoly. You guys always wanted a monopoly and there to be only one home console manufacturer since a long time, hence all the false speculation about how Microsoft will close the Xbox division.
Yes Gamepass strategy of MS will monopoly the console market to similar services. You will see. And please don't talk of fanboy. All the people who won't admit it are always MS fanboy as you. And "you guys" lol the hell who are those guys 😂 me not surely.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Bookmark this shit, I don't care how advanced VR gets. Nothing will be better than being out in the real world. And I'm not talking about going to theme parks or big cities.

I'm talking about being out in the woods, exploring, smelling nature, feeling the ground beneath your feet and the elements around you.

VR is cool but reality is better and always will be. Now if you're a miserable person and want to escape reality, that's a personal problem that I hope you get help with but as fun as VR can be, I'll always prefer exploring real life more than whatever VR can come up with.

Bernkastel

Yes Gamepass strategy of MS will monopoly the console market to similar services. You will see. And please don't talk of fanboy. All the people who won't admit it are always MS fanboy as you. And "you guys" lol the hell who are those guys 😂 me not surely.
Thats a fanboy. Its always fanboys who constantly accuse others of being a fanboy just for not validating there agenda. "Game Pass is a monopoly" is just a new version "Microsoft is a corporation and should enter the gaming space". Fanboys just moved on to a easier target.
All the people who won't admit it are always MS fanboy as you.
Here comes the fanboy police who accuses people who don't support his warring of being fanboys.

Kacho

Gold Member
Lately I've been questioning why I still game on Xbox and this interview only makes me question that harder. I don't want xCloud, Metaverse or subscription services. It's a grand vision for sure but good luck trying to reach more people if you can't foster talent, or come up with interesting ideas of your own without buying the fucking industry. What is Microsoft's identity in gaming these days besides Game Pass, Game Pass, Game Pass?

Bernkastel

Lately I've been questioning why I still game on Xbox and this interview only makes me question that harder. I don't want xCloud, Metaverse or subscription services. It's a grand vision for sure but good luck trying to reach more people if you can't foster talent, or come up with interesting ideas of your own without buying the fucking industry. What is Microsoft's identity in gaming these days besides Game Pass, Game Pass, Game Pass?
So you question based on the statements from Microsoft CEO whose job is not to answer the gaming crowd?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Damn, I was looking for the same image but you beat me 🤣. Lol this literally every 💚🐀 on neogaf.
I was going say this image always reminds me of some people but thought nah, let them be
Too late...🤣

Last edited:
Top Bottom