• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf323

Damn, I hate that "welcome to the family" bullshit, makes it sound like a cult.
one of us GIF

I mean it kinda is, especially with how their ’evangelists’ act (which the Xbox management team fully encourages)

I wonder what Tom’s bonus check was for helping get it across the finish line 🤔

Last edited:

DryvBy

the Xbox fanboys over on ResetEra are already salivating over who Microsoft can buy next 🙄
Funny how all
Moving goalposts doesn’t help at all.

They are unlikely to be last place for revenue and profit. Sorry to hurt you, but it must be said.

they’ll be getting Day 1 releases into GamePass. I’m not sure ‘early access unfinished’ describes Activision’s Call of Duty games. If you mean GaaS, I have bad news for you.

Still enough talent to make Diablo 4 as a critical and commercial success, keep WoW going and have an AAA new IP in the works.

If you believe Jim Ryan, it’s already been ‘countered’ by the Bungie deal which he claims is a much better use of money.

but COD was already a powerhouse when the Xbox 360 was the go to console for FPS games.

Did you miss COD and stuff isn't coming day one? Yes you did because you love when MS eats up companies but pull the pitchforks out for Sony buying a 6 month deal.

Hypocrite.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
That reminds me of when my coworker back then bought an Xbox and he brought me over to his house to see it. I was a PC gamer back then just like today. Anyways, he showed me this "Halo" game that was FPS. I picked up that massive duke controller and said "how the hell are you going to play a FPS with this thing?" He said....."folks seem to have figured that out".

Seems so...lol
Halo was my sons first love and his real introduction into playing FPS games as we would play 1 v 1 snipers on Blood Gulch all the time as my main reason for owning a 360 was those 30 day early map packs for COD

I will never understand this sentiment.

You know you can find melts downs everyday on Twitter right?

Most of the regulars in this threads seem too mature to be that emotionally invested in this deal when it so many other things going on in the world right now.
lol, I wasn't being too serious.
And there have been a few meltdowns

Yup. Was always going to happen. They just put up a brave front, then let the walls of texts flow.
Most have just abandoned the thread in hopes nobody remembers their insistence this deal would fall through, granted the deal was altered in the UK to get it done but Microsoft did it while only losing the cloud gaming rights and insuring a more competitive market in the future.

BlackTron

Halo was my sons first love and his real introduction into playing FPS games as we would play 1 v 1 snipers on Blood Gulch all the time as my main reason for owning a 360 was those 30 day early map packs for COD

I have memories with Halo 1 as well which makes me sad to buy all this newer Xbox shit just to pull my hair out trying to make a multiplayer game with multiple machines in the same room. The LAN feature which IS included never actually worked when I needed it except once after a half hour of fighting it. If you just use online, then I need to make a different account for every player, which means new email addresses...the whole thing is so far away from just throwing down with snipers I can't care anymore

Glad it’s over either way. Let’s see how it all turns out.

Going forward I hope they decide to invest in proper management and product development teams rather than this horrible phoney circle jerk that’s going on .

Last edited:

exstuhsey

Banned
Most have just abandoned the thread in hopes nobody remembers their insistence this deal would fall through, granted the deal was altered in the UK to get it done but Microsoft did it while only losing the cloud gaming rights and insuring a more competitive market in the future.
Yup, the others left are trying their hardest to hold back tears by putting up a brave front, don’t think it’s fooling anyone though 🤷

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom