• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

feynoob

Banned
Offtopic:

Only American universities are scoring high in the ranks with a lot of others in the world. But everything below is just bad or mediocre at best compared to EU.
Main issue is that America has a lot of people. They have around 331m, while UK has around 67m.

So most people attend public schools which has basic learning. My highschool had multiple questions and few essays for their test.

The study that I did in Egypt and Somalia had complete sentences, answer questions and more essay. These type of education forces students to focus more on their education.
US doesn't have that system for their public schools.

ulantan

MS offered CoD to Playstation for 10 years. How many companies would offer games they paid billions for would do that? Had they accepted, I doubt MS would be lobbying members of congress to investigate them.

Business, business never changes.
That deal started at 3 years and as only gone up that's business that's how that works

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Sony started the attacks and snide comments. Spencer was downright gracious for years now, praising and promoting sony games, reaching out to other companies.

Theres a reason the only bad relationship they have is Sony, and thats mostly on Sony.

Some people here pretend thT MS buying ABK was some kind of attack and not just business.

Aren't you confused with Xbox? They are the once being immature on social for years with these snide posts from other executives on twitter.

Sony acts professional on social and just continues what they have to do. Create and deliver great games instead of talking, blaming and promising the world with dreams.

Last edited:
Main issue is that America has a lot of people. They have around 331m, while UK has around 67m.

So most people attend public schools which has basic learning. My highschool had multiple questions and few essays for their test.

The study that I did in Egypt and Somalia had complete sentences, answer questions and more essay. These type of education forces students to focus more on their education.
US doesn't have that system for their public schools.
The UK has 63m people, and is a little under 40 times smaller than the USA, and around the same percentage attend public schools. Probably getting ooff topic.

On topic though, I just think it’s really weird for consumers to be so angry on Sony’s behalf. It feels like a part of GAF thinks defending Sony’s honour is a major part of their job.

ToadMan

I personally wouldn't even consider Cloud a real market. Its either tied to a MGS where most people use it offline, or its BYOG and irrelevent. Other than that it's Luna and will dead in 12 months

I would also argue that,as far as I'm aware, COD and Activision doesnt have a presence on these platforms so you can't foreclose what doesn't exist

The Meta/Within judgement set a precedent that nascent markets had to be treated the same as mature markets because neither the FTC or Meta could satisfy the court with a legally strong definition of nascent vs mature market. The court concluded the same standards applied to both.

So in effect, it doesn’t matter that cloud is today a small market. It has companies investing in it, services provided and consumers, so going by the precedent set by Meta/Within, it is entitled to the same level of regulatory oversight and intervention as a mature market.

Aren't you confused with Xbox? They are the once being immature on social for years with these snide posts from other executives on twitter.

Sony acts professional on social and just continues what they have to do. Create and deliver great games instead of talking, blaming and promising the world with dreams.
No, I’m definitely not confused. XBox was nothing but friendly under spencer. Keep pretending though.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
well can't put don't trust any and not include them to. as in life there is always good ones and bad ones
jimmy-mcnulty-the-wire.gif

feynoob

Banned
On topic though, I just think it’s really weird for consumers to be so angry on Sony’s behalf. It feels like a part of GAF thinks defending Sony’s honour is a major part of their job
It's the internet people will be happy to express their love for these companies, since they cant say these stuff publicly.

phil_t98

#SonyToo

Sony with the video they did about game sharing? nothing professional about how they did that, total immature and aimed at xbox. both sides play it when they can

GHG

And remember, Sony claimed Nintendo was not competition, so using their own words against them in court, they've raised some eyebrows as to their own practices in Japan. Not a good look.

Loop Trump GIF

ArmofjO.jpg

It's so easy to tell when you encounter somebody who is entrenched on twitter. Either that or you're some pathetic alt.

Literally everything you're saying is incorrect.

Last edited:
iTs tHe gAmErS fAuLt nOt oUr sTyLe oF eNgAgEmEnT aNd mArKeTiNg
are you pretending it's xbox's fault that Sony fanboys (and a bunch of xbox ones) act like complete idiots online? The vile shit I see them direct towards figures at XBox is disgusting.

Xbox isn't pushing division, MS is smart enough to know they are better off with their product (game pass) everywhere. Sony wants walled gardens and to nickle and dime consumers. They didn't fight subs because they are bad for consumers, they fought them because it's bad for them.

Jesus, I feel disgusting defending xbox, but the bias against them on this forum is out of pocket. Pretending MS is the evil giant, and Sony is just trying to survive. They are both evil giants, Sony would love to have bought ABK, they just couldn't afford it, and if Sony HAD bought it, this thread would be a celebration of Sony's genius, not worry for the competitor.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
are you pretending it's xbox's fault that Sony fanboys (and a bunch of xbox ones) act like complete idiots online? The vile shit I see them direct towards figures at XBox is disgusting.

Xbox isn't pushing division, MS is smart enough to know they are better off with their product (game pass) everywhere. Sony wants walled gardens and to nickle and dime consumers. They didn't fight subs because they are bad for consumers, they fought them because it's bad for them.

Jesus, I feel disgusting defending xbox, but the bias against them on this forum is out of pocket. Pretending MS is the evil giant, and Sony is just trying to survive. They are both evil giants, Sony would love to have bought ABK, they just couldn't afford it, and if Sony HAD bought it, this thread would be a celebration of Sony's genius, not worry for the competitor.
All this projection.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
except I'm neither a fanboy, nor is xbox my primary platform. Or even my secondary. I'm just objective about what I see here, plain as day.
Then you would be able to parse my original statement quoting the image. We have over a decade of their interactions and engagement (participation) in keeping it alive and well themselves.

graywolf323

Greenberg & Spencer himself follow a bunch of those fanboys & regularly engage with them

I don’t think I’ve seen the PlayStation ones do the same

edit: and there’s no bias against Microsoft on this forum 🙄 the persecution complex some people have for a 2 trillion dollar corporation on here however is out of control

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

edit: and there’s no bias against Microsoft on this forum 🙄 the persecution complex some people have for a 2 trillion dollar corporation on here however is out of control
If you think there is no bias then your out of your head, even while people are trying to keep it civil if its anything Sony its praised heavily in alot of instances while MS gets shafted.

Im a playstation gamer but more competition will just breed a better marketplace in total.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If you think there is no bias then your out of your head, even while people are trying to keep it civil if its anything Sony its praised heavily in alot of instances while MS gets shafted.

Im a playstation gamer but more competition will just breed a better marketplace in total.
There are more PlayStation gamers than Xbox gamers worldwide. Like and smash that subscribe button for more shocking news and facts!

graywolf323

yes there’s tons of bias, SonyGAF rules! /s

which is why Halo Infinite somehow won GOTY in 2021 on here, and even the poll in this very thread had ~70% of people thinking the deal would be approved with either no concessions or only behavioral even before the about-face from the CMA 🤷‍♂️

edit: honestly after the bans since they started cracking down on the troll fanboys I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more die-hard Xbox fans left than PlayStation ones especially now that GhostofTsu, Airbus Jr, & Ezekiel caught permas yet the recent bans of the Xbox fanboys are still temp

we’ll see how that ratio ends up as more start to catch permas

Last edited:
Greenberg & Spencer himself follow a bunch of those fanboys & regularly engage with them

I don’t think I’ve seen the PlayStation ones do the same

Spencer engages with influencers, and the community. Yes, I would be glad if Sony engaged with it's community as well. Who wouldn't?

You'd rather him be Ryan, and not care about gaming at all?
"I am playing the recently released Horizon forbidden west'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom