• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft claims it can get Call of Duty Warzone and MW2 running natively on Switch

PJX

They can't even get their own games to run properly on the Xbox and they want us to think they can do it on the Switch?

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

LordOfChaos

What if Nintendo never released anything more powerful for the next 5 years either because they're Nintendo and people keep buying this underclocked 8 year old TX1? This is just a silly hypothetical, but the 10 year contract could be strange. Or what if the Switch 2 isn't vastly more powerful and they're hamstrung to make games that can run on it near the end of the cycle.

Does cloud work for their contract?

LordOfChaos

If a game is 100 GB, drop half the frames : 50 GB
Then drop resolution by x4 : 12.5 GB

This will easily fit on a Switch cartridge.

This actually reminded me of being 4-5 or something and thinking every possible frame in a game had to be stored in the game

PSYGN

Apex Legends barely runs on it and it’s a more visually complex game than CoD so I believe it. At 60 fps probably not though.

Last edited:

PSYGN

On a technical level, it is not.
I meant as far as all the things that can happen like abilities and traversal - visually is a poor word on my part. There is just a lot more to calculate and keep up with in Apex than CoD which is more static. It’s easier to tone down the graphics to work. Apex Legends running on Switch even if it’s not perfect is pretty crazy. CoD should be able to run on it.

Last edited:

Three

You can get Doom running natively on a pregnancy test

It doesn't mean you'd ever want to play it that way
Anybody who thinks people do (looking at you oldergamer) hasn't turned off crossplay on the Switch version of Apex Legends and tried to get into a game.

Mephisto40

I meant as far as all the things that can happen like abilities and traversal - visually is a poor word on my part. There is just a lot more to calculate and keep up with in Apex than CoD which is more static. It’s easier to tone down the graphics to work. Apex Legends running on Switch even if it’s not perfect is pretty crazy. CoD should be able to run on it.
The system requirements on PC for MW2 are almost double that of apex legends, so this doesn't really add up tbh

SJRB

Gold Member
It's going to be a text adventure though.

"Enemy approaches from behind the right corner, what do you do?"
> fire
> duck
> throw grenade
> melee attack

Tams

This just showed that they don't understand at all what the problem is.

It's not and has never been a question whether they could, but rather if they would. And they have done nothing to allay concerns there.

Tams

Don't you mean should?
No.

As 'should' would be calling into question the regulators' authority on the matter. Of course they are doing that, as they want to deal to be approved. But what the regulators want are guarantees of what they would do according to what the regulators say they should do to get approval.

The regulators are not asking Microsoft if they are right to be examine this deal.

Top Bottom