• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft confirms Windows 11 gaming issues. 22H2 update Rollout will be paused.

winjer

Gold Member
Also, not having major problems.
But just because I'm not, doesn't mean other people can't have issues, as there are so many hardware and software configurations.

Ever since MS fired their Windows Q&A team, that users became a guinea pig.
And now MS is too focused on implementing more and more ads, spyware and bloatware into their OS, to even care about stability and bug fixing.

Their pc gamepass\xbox app are absolute crap so i'm not surprised in the slightest.

So true.
Their Store and Xbox app are not as bad as Games for Windows Live, but it's not a great improvement either.
For a company that is one of the biggest software makers in the world, MS is quite bad at it.
And of course, their incompetence then harms developers making products for Windows and their store.

Sakura

I think 7 was the last one I actually liked upgrading to.
I wish there was an alternative that was practical.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Linux is getting better and better. Windows is getting worse and worse.
There might come a day, when Linux is the best OS for gamers.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The only real issue I have with w11 is the forced one drive problem.

Even if you click you don't want it then everything will still be put into a /one drive/documents folder instead of your local one.

I started to notice the problem when more programs couldn't find the gilders that's supposed to be in the local folder.

Whats worse is, when I got rid of one drive, my local hhds weren't shown in the file explorer window.

It doesn't show anything now, makes it a worthless window with extra clicks.

Also the terminal button is annoying when right clicking, who the hell uses that as a consumer.

But the file explorer really bugs me out.

Kadve

Is the prophecy coming true?

Windows 98
Windows ME poop
Windows XP
Windows Vista poop
Windows 7
Windows 8 poop
Windows 10
Windows 11 poop?

You're forgetting a few. Not counting <95 and the NT/2000 enterprise line its

Windows 95 = good
Windows 98 = bad
Windows 98 SE - good
Windows ME - bad
Windows XP - good
Windows Vista - bad
Windows 7 - good
Windows 8 - bad
Windows 8.1 - good
Windows 10 - its complicated
Windows 11 - bad

Also copying my post from last year, it was also actually never that black and white as even good systems had problems.

Windows 98 = Didn't fix most of the stability issues present in 95 and had combability issues with older DOS stuff.

Windows Me = Essentially the same OS as 98 SE but but with severe combability and stability issues (despite running on DOS there was also no easy way of accessing DOS mode)

Windows Vista - Had performance issues and high system requirements. People also criticized Microsoft decision have it more locked down and DRM friendly.

Windows 8 - A failed experiment by MS to make an version of Windows that could be used on booth tablets and traditional computers. Ultimately pleasing nobody.

Windows 10 = at launch there was a lot of complains surrounding privacy and data collecting. People also weren't to happy with the forced updates the system does. Most of that seems to have died down by now though.

Also note that XP had plenty of criticism when it launched, mostly surrounding its complete incompatibility with DOS, security concerns and from those finding its colorful interface gaudy. 95 also had many issues especially surrounding stability but booth are now hailed as some of the greatest OSes Microsoft has made due to how initiative they where.

Last edited:

darrylgorn

The major problem with Windows 11 is the Xbox game bar. Google how to remove it and just remember that you might need to repeat that process after every update.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
You're forgetting a few. Not counting <95 and the NT/2000 enterprise line its

Windows 95 = good
Windows 98 = bad
Windows 98 SE - good
Windows ME - bad
Windows XP - good
Windows Vista - bad
Windows 7 - good
Windows 8 - bad
Windows 8.1 - good
Windows 11 - bad

Also copying my post from last year, it was also actually never that black and white as even good systems had problems.

I have to disagree with some.

Windows 95 = good
Windows 98 = bad
Windows 98 SE - less bad, but still bad
Windows ME - good
Windows XP - bad
Windows XP SP2 - Good
Windows Vista - bad
Windows 7 - good
Windows 8 - bad
Windows 8.1 - good
Windows 11 - it's even more complicated

Windows 10 and 11 require a lot of tweaking and removing bloatware to be good enough.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

The thing about MS is that they are too fucking slow to respond. We the users have identified this shit months ago....and by now we have already implemented contingency measures.

Bojji

Disable TPM and W11 will never force this big updates on you, you'll only get the security updates which is all you need.

I did this.

I had 11 installed twice for like 3 months in total and i hated it, UI changes made only to anger the users and only real benefit of this system compared to 10 is auto HDR that i don't use anyway.

W10 is the best system for gamers and will remain so untill Ms brings up forced dx13 or something (but with windows 12 probably).

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Wonder if this was my issue with my 4090 build. Fixed it by installing a fresh windows on another ssd, maybe they pulled the update by then. Games like destiny would go from 240fps to 5 and eventually crash. Drover me nuts for a few days.

pasterpl

Good for you.

I never had intestinal worms after eating raw pork sausages but it is still not super healthy to do it.
Lol

You having issues doesn’t equal everyone having issues. Same with me, If it works fine for me it doesn’t mean that it runs fine for everyone. You initial statement was very general so I have responded.

Ryllix_

This explains why my Windows 11 install has been running games like trash. I was getting frustrated trying to figure out why games ran perfectly on my Linux install, but stuttered and were unplayable on my Windows 11 install. Dead By Daylight was the only game I had a Windows install for at this point, so this was the final straw in removing my dual boot. Windows 11 is a bad OS compared to 7 or 10.

DJ12

Just experienced this issue as it appears nvcleaninstall hasn't been checking for updates.

Updated drivers, issue goes. Wouldn't say that indicated windows 11 was garbage, more that mvidia didn't spot an issue during testing.

Windows 11 is a small amount quicker than Windows 10 its built on in gaming.

Don't believe the doom and gloom folks, Windows 11 is A-OK.

Just as Windows 10 now is after several garbage revisions.

It took Windows 10 more revisions to get into a decent state than 11 that's for sure. But please reinstall 1511 and do come back to the conversation.

Tarin02543

The only reason I gave up on PC gaming. Windows. If Valve comes up with a full gaming operating system that is not for the Steam Deck, I’m day one back to a gaming desktop.

There is no if, steam os is being developed as I write this. It just seems it has the same fate as Half Life 3.

Would hardly call previous operating systems good, it's a varying degree of poopyness.

You only have to look at how incredibly poor their internet browser was and continued to be for 15 years. It took outsiders to make a half decent browsers and make simple innovations.

Check out the shitstorm of the windows store of the last 5+ years. They can't even make a store function on their own fucking OS.

Last edited:

adamosmaki

2 weeks . Thats how long before i went back to W10 after 22h2 update messed up my performance on a dual monitor setup. Stuttering and lower performance on AMD CPU and GPU .

I have to disagree with some.

Windows 95 = good
Windows 98 = bad
Windows 98 SE - less bad, but still bad
Windows ME - good
Windows XP - bad
Windows XP SP2 - Good
Windows Vista - bad
Windows 7 - good
Windows 8 - bad
Windows 8.1 - good
Windows 11 - it's even more complicated

Windows 10 and 11 require a lot of tweaking and removing bloatware to be good enough.

^Lost all credibility

Droxcy

I've been using W11 since the early releases I haven't had any major performance issues with it when it comes to gaming. I mean there was general UI and hiccups along the way with any product.

Top Bottom