• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 | We Don't Need Roads

longdi

Banned
what loophole? Please elaborate :)

This, still works now.

shubik

This, still works now.

That sounds great. Thx for the info

Freeman76

Spent 12 hours on this since release, very relaxing

APART FROM THE TUTORIALS 🤣🤣

I'm up to the VFR lessons, is there a way to maintain altitude without having to minutely tweak the left stick the whole time? Staying at 8500 ft to Munds Golf Course felt impossible and I'm not sure what I'm missing, or is it just practice?

Schmick

Spent 12 hours on this since release, very relaxing

APART FROM THE TUTORIALS 🤣🤣

I'm up to the VFR lessons, is there a way to maintain altitude without having to minutely tweak the left stick the whole time? Staying at 8500 ft to Munds Golf Course felt impossible and I'm not sure what I'm missing, or is it just practice?
Yes, you have to adjust the trim to maintain level flying. I play with controller on PC and to adjust it on there you press Y + up or down on the d-pad. Up for trim nose down or down for nose up. Most of time its small adjustments but likely for the first time you us adjust you'll be wondering if anything is happening. You do need to adjust trim regularly but not as much with stick to maintain level flight. Trim is affected by change in air speed.

Alternatively there is Autopilot if the plane is fitted with AP.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
I might print this out over the next week, nice little project and could be pretty cool to use:

Javthusiast

Banned
Yes, you have to adjust the trim to maintain level flying. I play with controller on PC and to adjust it on there you press Y + up or down on the d-pad. Up for trim nose down or down for nose up. Most of time its small adjustments but likely for the first time you us adjust you'll be wondering if anything is happening. You do need to adjust trim regularly but not as much with stick to maintain level flight. Trim is affected by change in air speed.

Alternatively there is Autopilot if the plane is fitted with AP.

Holy shit that's what trim is for? I have done zero tutorials and just flew in free mode and had to constantly adjust with the stick to maintain level flight.

the lighting is really beautiful.

PdIouCi.jpg
2KrAHaS.jpg

yeah probably, is there a list with hotas compatible with pc and series x? if possible i would like to buy one working for both

Here's a decent video that shows them

I posted about it earlier but I use the Thrustmaster Hotas One(no rudder pedals, though I'd like to invest in em at some point). Probably the cheapest one you can get and it works fantastic for both Xbox and PC. I use it for MSFS2020 and Elite Dangerous (also used it with Star Wars Squadrons but I didn't stick with the game too long).

Yams

oh, maybe you can only do it when free flying (not training or any of the set plans). that's odd.
Changing the weather would probably be a bad idea during training. Wind really pushes a Cessna around which would make learning to land or hold a course pretty tough if you are just starting out.

Changing the weather would probably be a bad idea during training. Wind really pushes a Cessna around which would make learning to land or hold a course pretty tough if you are just starting out.
it helps a lot to make the weather conditions more calm, wind can make it very hard sometimes to maneuver the props.

Markio128

So I’m more than proficient at taking off and landing now, however, every time I attempt to taxi the plane following a landing, the controls go to shit. My plane will just ignore my inputs and just taxi in any direction it feels like, so I always end up to exiting back to menu to start again. On Series X btw. Anybody else had this issue? I’ve mostly used light planes.

Schmick

So I’m more than proficient at taking off and landing now, however, every time I attempt to taxi the plane following a landing, the controls go to shit. My plane will just ignore my inputs and just taxi in any direction it feels like, so I always end up to exiting back to menu to start again. On Series X btw. Anybody else had this issue? I’ve mostly used light planes.
When you take off, have you taxi'd there or do you start a flight from the runway?

Last edited:

Markio128

When you take off, have you taxi'd there or do you start a flight from the runway?
I either start from the runway after choosing an airport, or actually in flight. I’d just like to be able to taxi my plane to the correct area once I have landed, particularly since it has usually taken me a good while to get there. I have only once got to a blue box with two guys waving me in, but the plane, even at very low speed seems to want to just wander off in the wrong direction no matter how much I fight with the controls.

Schmick

I either start from the runway after choosing an airport, or actually in flight. I’d just like to be able to taxi my plane to the correct area once I have landed, particularly since it has usually taken me a good while to get there. I have only once got to a blue box with two guys waving me in, but the plane, even at very low speed seems to want to just wander off in the wrong direction no matter how much I fight with the controls.
You use the rudder controls to control the direction of the plane on the ground. The left stick controls the ailerons which are useless on the ground. The left and right triggers control the rudder and (when on the ground) controls the direction of the front wheel (or back wheel depending on the place). Which allows you to steer your way around the airport aprons and taxi ways.

Last edited:

Markio128

You use the rudder controls to control the direction of the plane on the ground. The left stick controls the ailerons which are useless on the ground. The left and right triggers control the rudder and (when on the ground) controls the direction of the front wheel (or back wheel depending on the place).
That’s what I have been doing, using the triggers. I have passed most of the training levels and all seemed to be okay there, but constantly happens in the main game, which is so annoying. It must be just me if nobody else is experiencing the issue though haha. I could have a dodgy controller or something.

Schmick

That’s what I have been doing, using the triggers. I have passed most of the training levels and all seemed to be okay there, but constantly happens in the main game, which is so annoying. It must be just me if nobody else is experiencing the issue though haha. I could have a dodgy controller or something.
You could be travelling too fast on the ground. Next time if you could capture it i might be able to work it out. Unless you are experiencing issues with the triggers in other games i doubt its your controller.

Markio128

You could be travelling too fast on the ground. Next time if you could capture it i might be able to work it out. Unless you are experiencing issues with the triggers in other games i doubt its your controller.
I was hoping to pick up one of those hota controllers, but they have (unsurprisingly) sold out on Amazon.

Killer8

One thing I wish the game did was give more context to the failure messages. Every time I would fuck up the 737 landing in the Swedish airport in the Nordics update, it would say "you landed on the wrong runway" or something like that. There's literally only one runway to land on. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong - approach was neat, landing was smooth, perfectly straight, didn't bounce. Only figured out later it was because I was way off the blue indicator. Would've been nice if it said that.

yamaci17

i want to give a tip for newcomers

u can get a specific coordinate from google maps and copy paste it into search location in-game and world map will instantly move you to that exact point. you can set it as departure and start flying without any take off and explore that area u want to

to get the coordinates from google maps, simply right click on the location you want, and click on the coordinates. it will copy the coordinates to clipboard

0WJPkfB.png

enter the coordinates by copy pasting, press enter, then click on the result!

4bPwgWs.png

Last edited:
i want to give a tip for newcomers

u can get a specific coordinate from google maps and copy paste it into search location in-game and world map will instantly move you to that exact point. you can set it as departure and start flying without any take off and explore that area u want to

0WJPkfB.png

enter the coordinates, press enter, then click on the result!

4bPwgWs.png
i've been using Google maps like that, but i like to get points just south of the target so i can fly in and get a good angle for a pic. and Area 51 stinks.

Freeman76

Going for the 300 mile flight, just notice in GP Ultimate perks is 4 momths spotify premium, will listen to Chapelle on JRE in the background, perfect!

Connxtion

What is the list of recommended peripherals that will work for the Xbox version?

• Microsoft Flight Simulator fully supports Xbox gamepad, keyboard and mouse, Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One, Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X, Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder, and HORI HOTAS Flight Stick for Xbox One. New, Xbox-compatible peripherals will be announced soon, but we cannot share any further details at this time.
Anyone know if this works on the Xbox? Says it does but don’t want to shell out £70 and have no use for it 😂

Top Bottom