• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has a commanding lead in the “Netflix for Games” race

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Let's see how steadily numbers rise when they increase the price, because it will have to sooner or later. Massive AAA games that cost hundreds of millions of dollars, available to access for chump change - that isn't sustainable regardless of what PR speak Phil Spencer comes out with.

That's a hypothetical bridge to cross when we come to it, as of Feb 2022, they have clearly said there are no plans to increase the price.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Let's see how steadily numbers rise when they increase the price, because it will have to sooner or later. Massive AAA games that cost hundreds of millions of dollars, available to access for chump change - that isn't sustainable regardless of what PR speak Phil Spencer comes out with.
As long as those games have other form of revenue, it won't have that much impact on gamepass.
You are treating, as if gamepass doesn't allow you to buy those games. Not to mention, that you can buy these games, if you don't have gamepass.

As long as that option exist, the service would be sustainable.

However, if they remove that option, then price increase would be inevitable, like what netflix does. Because there are no other form of revenue from the subscriptions, aside of the initial fees.

laynelane

And I get the feeling that the folks who constantly talk it down wouldn’t do so if the service existed on all platforms. It’s not like you see TV show fans complain about Netflix and saying they prefer to buy TV show boxes.

In the end you simply get more games for less money. I’m closing in on 1.5 years without spending a cent on games on Xbox. Why wouldn’t I like that? 🤷‍♂️

Part of the issue may be that it's brought up in unrelated subjects continually. At this point, everyone knows what GamePass is, how to get it, and where to get it. And I'm not saying this is solely a GaF issue. It's in the media too - eg. a seeming inability to talk about Spartacus without bringing GamePass into it or making up a narrative that Sony (but not Nintendo) must compete with GamePass.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I don't think there is a race as of yet. Gaming is a very different beast to TV streaming. There is no Friends or Seinfeld or the Office equivalent in the gaming space. Even long running game series like say Mass Effect people aren't going to play over and over again. Legacy content helps, but gaming is mainly driven by the 'new thing', which leaves a door open.

Topher

Gold Member
Isn’t that a lot of work?

I went with the prepaid trick, 4th year now, if I add it up I’ve paid roughly $5 per month for all GP games on both PC and Xbox plus Xbox Live Gold included. It’s half a pizza at my location, it’s nothing.

The only downside is that my prepayment ends in mid 2024. But who knows maybe there is a new method out by then.

It really isn't a lot of work. Not to me at least. Here is my OT on it.

It is really cool, either way, that we have multiple ways of getting Game Pass other than paying $180 a year.

Sony is dumb for not following gamepass after 1 year it was on the market ..

Where did you get the idea Sony was even given that choice?

adamsapple

It really isn't a lot of work. Not to me at least. Here is my OT on it.

It is really cool, either way, that we have multiple ways of getting Game Pass other than paying $180 a year.

Yes, I always try my best to educate anyone I know getting into GP that it's possible to get 3 years within $150 or $120 just with a little bit of internet sleuthing.

I, myself, am subbed till feb 2025 at the moment and paid .. maybe $110 for this tenure.

Fredrik

Part of the issue may be that it's brought up in unrelated subjects continually. At this point, everyone knows what GamePass is, how to get it, and where to get it. And I'm not saying this is solely a GaF issue. It's in the media too - eg. a seeming inability to talk about Spartacus without bringing GamePass into it or making up a narrative that Sony (but not Nintendo) must compete with GamePass.
It’s because XSX and PS5 is pretty much identical platforms. It’s like bringing up Dualsense features. Even VRR used to he talking point even though the majority here don’t have a VRR TV. The small differences become important.
Switch is doing it’s own thing.

But Gamepass is legit awesome, that’s why people constantly talk about it. And if PS5 would have a similar service then I think it would tip the scale to PS5s favor for lots of people including myself.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
But Gamepass is legit awesome, that’s why people constantly talk about it. And if PS5 would have a similar service then I think it would tip the scale to PS5s favor for lots of people including myself.
Considering that I am playing on my ps5 alot these days (fifa 22+gta online), that service would 100% lock me down to Ps5.
Same thing as to why, I was playing on xbox one s alot, compared to my ps4.

Having more games from these subscription will just make you so busy, that you keep forgetting that you own other consoles.

//DEVIL//

I don't view Spartacus as a gamepass competitor, I just see this as a cumulation of the services they already have into one. Unless they drop 1st party games day one gamepass is still going to be the #1 service
Thats what I just posted in the other thread. no day 1 games, then I am out. not giving sony a single cent.

Depending on how Sony play this, they could take the ‘lead’ very quickly on that pie chart, especially if they convert users over. It’s the same service, just with more tiers. Anyone on the middle tier or above would slice into that pie chart.

Spartacus isn’t a GamePass competitor, but it’s offering would apply on that chart.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
That's a hypothetical bridge to cross when we come to it, as of Feb 2022, they have clearly said there are no plans to increase the price.

They absolutely will have plans, different plans depending on various scenarios related to subscriber count and retention rates.

They're not just going to be wing it and decide on price increases on a whim.
As long as those games have other form of revenue, it won't have that much impact on gamepass.
You are treating, as if gamepass doesn't allow you to buy those games. Not to mention, that you can buy these games, if you don't have gamepass.

As long as that option exist, the service would be sustainable.

However, if they remove that option, then price increase would be inevitable, like what netflix does. Because there are no other form of revenue from the subscriptions, aside of the initial fees.
As much as people like to say GamePass increases sales, it's cheaper to simply subscribe for a month or two if you're interested in a particular game and be done with it.

That's why you see so much speculation about an increase in GaaS, and also episodic content. Hell, even on here you often hear people say 'I'll wait for X game to be on GamePass' because they have no intention of buying it. So that leaves mtx and dlc, and many will have had their fill stick to the cheapest option available to them and move on the next game.

…says the person named R3claimer117, two blatant references to Halo and whose post history is mostly defending a particular plastic box owned by Microsoft.
Halo being my favorite franchise has nothing to do with console wars. Also if you look at my post history I definitely defend all three. As I have all three. So yeah as I enjoy gaming on Xbox I will defend shit posting on them the same as I do PlayStation and Nintendo cause I don’t have to chose I just have to play them all and enjoy them as gaming is my hobby. I don’t swear allegiance to a plastic box or company like some of you. So do your due diligence and actually look at my post history just so happens there’s a lot more shit posting on Xbox that happens.
fjkl7tY.jpg

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Depending on how Sony play this, they could take the ‘lead’ very quickly on that pie chart, especially if they convert users over. It’s the same service, just with more tiers. Anyone on the middle tier or above would slice into that pie chart.

Spartacus isn’t a GamePass competitor, but it’s offering would apply on that chart.

Wouldn’t be any different from MS converting Xbox live users to gamepass for 1$ or 3$, unless you’re talking about converting for free.

They had the choice they said at the time they weren’t interested in subscription services. Until now when they see the success of gamepass and how it’s affect hardware purchases. So now it’s a forced choice for them.

yurinka

They can call PS+ Spartacus and have some numbers, sure. We'll see what the service does for their revenue numbers, that's where the real victories are. Renaming subscriptions you already had doesn't net you much in the way of gains.
Merging PS Plus and Now into a single service means they will start with 50M and almost $1B/quarter in revenue they already generate.

If Gurb's pricings are correct, now it will be cheaper to have both PS Plus + Now, barely a handful dollars more per month than to have Plus. The intermediate tier would mean a smaller difference specially when you get a year, and even more when discounted or in cd keys stores. There are also many countries where PS Now (or xCloud/GamePass Ultimate) isn't supported, but they would have this intermediate tier available worldwide that would add hundred of downloadable games to PS Plus, like base Gamepass.

This tier should be appeal new subs, or at least make many to upgrade from base PS Plus to this intermediate tier. We also should see what games they add to this tiear and the streaming one, and what the demos are, which also can make some people upgrade to the top tier.

I think we'll see an increase on amount of subs, but more than that I think we'll see an increase on revenue. I think that the primary goal of Spartacus is to increase the ARPU of Sony game subscriptions (which would increase its total revenue), and that it's more important for them that their second more important goal: to increase the amount of subscribers.

They had the choice they said at the time they weren’t interested in subscription services. Until now when they see the success of gamepass and how it’s affect hardware purchases. So now it’s a forced choice for them.
Even if subscriptions report Sony only around a sixth part of their yearly revenue, they have the double of game subscribtion subscribers than Gamepass and and unlike Gamepass they are profitable for Sony. They are tweaking their subscriptions, but will continue being a minor, low priority business for them because subscriptions are a small part of the gaming business.

Gamepass didn't change anything, Sony continues having the biggest active console userbase and were selling consoles at gaming history record levels until got affected by chips shortages.

Sony's main business is to sell games and add-ons (mtx/dlc/passes) for their consoles followed by selling consoles, with subscriptions and accesories (and now movies & tv shows, or PC late ports) as secondary support business. Their revenue and profits keep growing year after year, and inside their different business they are also growing in many of thm. They don't need to change their main very profitable strategy, and obviously have no reason to switch it to a non profitable one.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
As much as people like to say GamePass increases sales, it's cheaper to simply subscribe for a month or two if you're interested in a particular game and be done with it
If it was that easy, I would have canceled my subscription long time ago.
The service gets new games every 2 week. By the time you try to cancel it, they add a new game, which you might be interested in.

That's why you see so much speculation about an increase in GaaS, and also episodic content. Hell, even on here you often hear people say 'I'll wait for X game to be on GamePass' because they have no intention of buying it. So that leaves mtx and dlc, and many will have had their fill stick to the cheapest option available to them and move on the next game
People who say these things, are the one who buys these stuff.
When I bought xbox one S, my thought was, I am not gonna buy games. Because gamepass had me covered. Now I am almost 80 games in my xbox library, which I bought them.
People will spend money on games, no matter what. Only those who have strong will, can hold themselves down, and not buy those games.

My plan was to buy either horizon Forbidden West or elden ring. I bought both of them, because I didn't want to be left out.

As for MTX, they are still being made without gamepass in mind. EA, uplay+ games are filled with MTX. But they aren't geared towards those services. Same for episodic games.

Merging PS Plus and Now into a single service means they will start with 50M and almost $1B/quarter in revenue they already generate.

If Gurb's pricings are correct, now it will be cheaper to have both PS Plus + Now, barely a handful dollars more per month than to have Plus. The intermediate tier would mean a smaller difference specially when you get a year, and even more when discounted or in cd keys stores. There are also many countries where PS Now (or xCloud/GamePass Ultimate) isn't supported, but they would have this intermediate tier available worldwide that would add hundred of downloadable games to PS Plus, like base Gamepass.

This tier should be appeal new subs, or at least make many to upgrade from base PS Plus to this intermediate tier. We also should see what games they add to this tiear and the streaming one, and what the demos are, which also can make some people upgrade to the top tier.

I think we'll see an increase on amount of subs, but more than that I think we'll see an increase on revenue. I think that the primary goal of Spartacus is to increase the ARPU of Sony game subscriptions (which would increase its total revenue), and that it's more important for them that their second more important goal: to increase the amount of subscribers.
That’s not how that works. They currently only have about 2-3 million ps now subs the lion share of the subscribers are only paying for online play. You can’t just convert them to a subscription if they don’t want them that’s the main issue Microsoft is battling with Xbox live. They want people on Xbox live only to be game pass subscription which is why they tried to raise the price of live to push people to gamepass it didn’t work out so well.

Wouldn’t be any different from MS converting Xbox live users to gamepass for 1$ or 3$, unless you’re talking about converting for free.
I would imagine to get a bit of mindshare Sony will offer existing users some sort of deal.
Remember, this is not another service. GamePass is seperate to Gold.
This is PlayStation Plus. It’ll still be PlayStation Plus.

Thirty7ven

Banned
I would imagine to get a bit of mindshare Sony will offer existing users some sort of deal.
Remember, this is not another service. GamePass is seperate to Gold.
This is PlayStation Plus. It’ll still be PlayStation Plus.

If there are tiers it’s like MS does it, you can have live and gp in the same sub, and for the longest time users have been able to convert to GPU for chump change.

Fredrik

Considering that I am playing on my ps5 alot these days (fifa 22+gta online), that service would 100% lock me down to Ps5.
Same thing as to why, I was playing on xbox one s alot, compared to my ps4.

Having more games from these subscription will just make you so busy, that you keep forgetting that you own other consoles.
Pretty much, PS5 is no doubt an exclusives box for me.
My purchases:
Demon’s Souls
Ratchet & Clank
Final Fantasy 7RI
Kena
Uncharted Legacy of Thieves
Horizon Forbidden West
Gran Turismo 7

I use the PS5 when the exclusives arrive and then go elsewhere in between.

Meanwhile MS absolutely sucks when it comes to 1st party output right now, they had a great Q3-4 last year but that’s about it. But I have still very likely played about 40 games so far, both 1st party and multiplats, all through Gamepass, at half a pizza per month. I’m playing Tunic right now and it’s fantastic.

Chukhopops

How do you covert for $1-$3. What magic shroom are you smoking?
I thought the whole « everyone on GP is converted from Gold » bullshit would die down when it is proven wrong in this very thread by the market research in the OP…

But that’s not happening I guess.

kingfey

Banned
I thought the whole « everyone on GP is converted from Gold » bullshit would die down when it is proven wrong in this very thread by the market research in the OP…

That is what happens, when people have no clue about how gamepass works.

kingfey

Banned
Pretty much, PS5 is no doubt an exclusives box for me.
My purchases:
Demon’s Souls
Ratchet & Clank
Final Fantasy 7RI
Kena
Uncharted Legacy of Thieves
Horizon Forbidden West
Gran Turismo 7

I use the PS5 when the exclusives arrive and then go elsewhere in between.

Meanwhile MS absolutely sucks when it comes to 1st party output right now, they had a great Q3-4 last year but that’s about it. But I have still very likely played about 40 games so far, both 1st party and multiplats, all through Gamepass, at half a pizza per month. I’m playing Tunic right now and it’s fantastic.
Each console have a period, where they are useless. Last quarter, it was all about xbox. Then I switched to switch. Now I am on ps5. Once the honeymoon ends, I will move back to x1s. Then repeat the same process again.

For me personally, I am after the deals. Much easier to buy cheap games on both consoles.

Thirty7ven

Banned

So all those threads and posts all over the internet including gaf about paying that much for Gamepass due to live to gpu conversion using some sort of “loophole” are bullshit? That’s interesting. Because it was still working as of last month.

Last edited:

yurinka

That’s not how that works. They currently only have about 2-3 million ps now subs the lion share of the subscribers are only paying for online play. You can’t just convert them to a subscription if they don’t want them that’s the main issue Microsoft is battling with Xbox live. They want people on Xbox live only to be game pass subscription which is why they tried to raise the price of live to push people to gamepass it didn’t work out so well.
The base Spartacus tier is supposed to be the current PS Plus, using the same name, content and pricing it has right now. No conversion needed. I remember a survey for PS Plus subscribers that asked about the reason they were paying and the top one were the monthly/PS Plus Collection games, the online one was the second.

PS has 111MAU and 47 Plus subs. Meaning slightly above 40% of their active users pay Plus. If we assume Xbox has around half of that userbase (PS4 vs XBO were basically around 2:1) and that same conversion, then we'd get around 23M Gold subs. Sounds pretty similar to the amount of GP users, add a few more from PC or mobile. I assume most Gold active subbers already migrated to GPU and that they are the big majority of the GP subbers. I think that only a small amount of active Gold subbers didn't pay the $1 to upgrade to GP and this is why MS doesn't report the amount of Gold subs anymore.

The OP doesn't say anything about Gold conversion and MS didn't provide Gold or GPU numbers so we can only speculate.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
So all those threads and posts all over the internet including gaf about paying that much for Gamepass due to live to gpu conversion using some sort of “loophole” are bullshit? That’s interesting. Because it was still working as of last month.
Because you have have fresh account, that doesn't have gamepass.
You need to pay $180 upfront.
That is how you get it.

If you had gamepass before, you need to wait 4 month not having gamepass at all. So that you can use that step.

I don't think Spartacus will ever compete with Game Pass, expecially when all Call of Duty games, Overwatch, Diablo, Spiro, Crash Bandicoot etc. Will be on Game Pass day one.

Also, All Game Pass games are playable natively on PC, and may be coming to steam.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

The OP doesn't say anything about Gold conversion and MS didn't provide Gold or GPU numbers so we can only speculate.
GP has > 9 times the dollar spend of PSNow while having > 7 times the subscribers, how does that work if GP subscribers pay on average less than the price of PSNow? How does that work if most people use cheap ways to access it?

It simply does not. It was a bullshit argument and now market research disproves it. But I’m sure we’ll see it used again :)

laynelane

It’s because XSX and PS5 is pretty much identical platforms. It’s like bringing up Dualsense features. Even VRR used to he talking point even though the majority here don’t have a VRR TV. The small differences become important.
Switch is doing it’s own thing.

I know it's not what you mean by identical platforms, but I think the differences between them are valuable and interesting. Microsoft has GamePass, Cloud gaming, and a variety of first party offerings. Sony has, as you mentioned, Dualsense, VR, and their own first party offerings. There's more to both, of course, but what I like is that each platform is bringing something valuable and uniquely theirs to the table. And it's great for all of us who game to have so many choices. As well, Sony has been fairly transparent that they are not going to have a GamePass equivalent so it seems kind of weird that it keeps entering the conversation (here and elsewhere).

Last edited:

adamsapple

It's not a loop hole when they have a dedicated page on xbox.com guiding people how to do it.

Clearly they want people to get into the eco system by converting Gold to GPU for a cheap conversion price.

A lot of people seem to use and praise the feature. Would be a dumb ass move if they just took it off, why loose so much good will.

They absolutely will have plans, different plans depending on various scenarios related to subscriber count and retention rates.

They're not just going to be wing it and decide on price increases on a whim.

The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

Like I linked as of Feb 2022, they have been on record saying there's no plans for a price hike any time soon.

FUD over made up scenarios is not kosher, mmkay.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
GP has > 9 times the dollar spend of PSNow while having > 7 times the subscribers, how does that work if GP subscribers pay on average less than the price of PSNow? How does that work if most people use cheap ways to access it?

It simply does not. It was a bullshit argument and now market research disproves it. But I’m sure we’ll see it used again :)

MS doesn’t share any details regarding GP generated revenue so you are just talking out of your ass and the op source is speculating based on?

kingfey

Banned
Clearly they want people to get into the eco system by converting Gold to GPU for a cheap conversion price.
Well that plan is failing, because Xbox live gold conversion is very bad for regular gamepass users.

That plan is pretty much for xbox live gold users, who never owned gamepass at all.

Current gamepass users don't get that option at all. The conversion rate is pathetically bad, and downright garbage.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Well that plan is failing, because Xbox live gold conversion is very bad for regular gamepass users.

That plan is pretty much for xbox live gold users, who never owned gamepass at all.

Current gamepass users don't get that option at all. The conversion rate is pathetically bad, and downright garbage.

Of course, if you already have a game pass subscription, it pro rates conversion to 1/3rd.

The conversion is best used if you've never used game pass or if your game pass has lapsed and you're thinking of renewing.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Because you have have fresh account, that doesn't have gamepass.
You need to pay $180 upfront.
That is how you get it.

If you had gamepass before, you need to wait 4 month not having gamepass at all. So that you can use that step.

But why are you talking about having gamepass before having Xbox live?

what the hell…

Last edited:
Its good growth for Game Pass but from now until the end of 2023 we should see faster growth for the service. The current PS5 shortage means some people will end up buying an Xbox when they originally wanted a PS5.

In late 2022 we have Starfield/New Forza Motorsport/Redfall plus the release of the streaming stick and Gamepass app should come pre-installed in new tvs. Starfield marketing will be ridiculous and they even have Elon Musk promoting it who has like 60 million twitter followers. Normies will eat that shit up.

Then in 2023 Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 will drop. There has to be close to 100 million players that played Diablo 3 and Overwatch. A ton of them are going to sign up for Game Pass for the sequels if they haven't already. MS is making concessions to get this ABK deal through so it seems like it will happen. IMO no CoD on Game Pass in 2023 isnt that big of a L because Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 will be huge events for that year and drive subs.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Its good growth for Game Pass but from now until the end of 2023 we should see faster growth for the service. The current PS5 shortage means some people will end up buying an Xbox when they originally wanted a PS5.

In late 2022 we have Starfield/New Forza Motorsport/Redfall plus the release of the streaming stick and Gamepass app should come pre-installed in new tvs. Starfield marketing will be ridiculous and they even have Elon Musk promoting it who has like 60 million twitter followers. Normies will eat that shit up.

Then in 2023 Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 will drop. There has to be close to 100 million players that played Diablo 3 and Overwatch. A ton of them are going to sign up for Game Pass for the sequels if they haven't already. MS is making concessions to get this ABK deal through so it seems like it will happen. IMO no CoD on Game Pass in 2023 isnt that big of a L because Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 will be huge events for that year and drive subs.

Actually growth slowed down as they missed their forecast and the rest I mean… sure.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
But why are you talking about having gamepass before having Xbox live?

what the hell…
Because if you activate gamepass, you wont get that conversion rate.

You pretty much have to not touch gamepass at all for it to be eligible. Or serve the 4 month cooldown.

Or else, you will get charged $15 a month.

kingfey

Banned
Of course, if you already have a game pass subscription, it pro rates conversion to 1/3rd.

The conversion is best used if you've never used game pass or if your game pass has lapsed and you're thinking of renewing.
Its hard for people to use the conversation rate, when they have no idea about it.
Most people will just click join the promotion, and their chance is gone.

Its why MS still have that conversions method up. They know people will not be able to utilize it, due to the penalties.

adamsapple

Its hard for people to use the conversation rate, when they have no idea about it.
Most people will just click join the promotion, and their chance is gone.

Its why MS still have that conversions method up. They know people will not be able to utilize it, due to the penalties.

I don't think it's as nefarious as you're making it sound lol.

They have a pretty good FAQ section on the conversion page which details exactly what the conversion will be afterward:

If anyone misses this then it's kinda their own fault.

Token says…You get…
1 month of Gold20 days of Ultimate
3 months of Gold50 days of Ultimate (1+ month)
6 months of Gold79 days of Ultimate (2+ months)
12 months of Gold4 months of Ultimate
24 months of Gold8 months of Ultimate
1 Month of Game Pass for Console20 days of Ultimate
3 Months of Game Pass for Console2 months of Ultimate
6 Months of Game Pass for Console4 months of Ultimate
12 Months of Game Pass for Console5 months of Ultimate
24 months of Game Pass for Console10 months of Ultimate
1 Month of PC Game Pass20 days of Ultimate

adamsapple

MS doesn’t share any details regarding GP generated revenue so you are just talking out of your ass and the op source is speculating based on?
The source slides are from Ampere Analysis from a GDC presentation. It's about as legit as we're gonna outside of MS sharing the exact dollar values, which like you said they don't do.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

The OP source is Ampere market research, which yes I trust more than turbo haters with 50+ posts in every GP thread… it’s a choice I made.

Funny how Ampere market research is never questioned the rest of the time.

yurinka

I'd like to see how Ampere got these numbers and methodology, because the graph of the OP is a joke. I have friends who published on Apple Arcade and Apple Arcade must have way bigger numbers, can't be that small. As you mention they didn't seem to count the people who has GP for free or with $1 promotions and so on.

And well, they also forget to include the game subscription which PS Plus and has 2X the subs of GP and with less free/$1 promotions.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
I don't think it's as nefarious as you're making it sound lol.

They have a pretty good FAQ section on the conversion page which details exactly what the conversion will be afterward:

If anyone misses this then it's kinda their own fault.

Token says…You get…
1 month of Gold20 days of Ultimate
3 months of Gold50 days of Ultimate (1+ month)
6 months of Gold79 days of Ultimate (2+ months)
12 months of Gold4 months of Ultimate
24 months of Gold8 months of Ultimate
1 Month of Game Pass for Console20 days of Ultimate
3 Months of Game Pass for Console2 months of Ultimate
6 Months of Game Pass for Console4 months of Ultimate
12 Months of Game Pass for Console5 months of Ultimate
24 months of Game Pass for Console10 months of Ultimate
1 Month of PC Game Pass20 days of Ultimate
That is the basic one.
We are talking about the 1-3 year conversion rate, which costs $60-$180 if you use the promotional gamepass.

For these, you have to avoid not having gamepass, or not use gamepass for 4 months. That conversion is a trap, because once you use gamepass no matter what, you wont be eligible, until you stop using it and 4 months.

Thirty7ven

Banned
The source slides are from Ampere Analysis from a GDC presentation. It's about as legit as we're gonna outside of MS sharing the exact dollar values, which like you said they don't do.

All I’m pointing out is we don’t know the breakdown of those $. Using that info to disprove that people convert live to gamepass at a cut rate is nonsense.

The OP source is Ampere market research, which yes I trust more than turbo haters with 50+ posts in every GP thread… it’s a choice I made.

Funny how Ampere market research is never questioned the rest of the time.

Ampere also predicts PS5 to outsell Series 2-1 in 22’.

Either way, it doesn’t disprove what has been said.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
And well, they also forget to include the game subscription which PS Plus and has 2X the subs of GP and with less free/$1 promotions.
Because it's different service. Just like how xbox live gold, and Nintendo online isn't on the service.

Last edited:
Because it's different service. Just like how xbox live gold, and Nintendo online isn't on the service.
He won't listen. Dude has been peddling this false narrative around here for months now. If he's not a paid shill, he should be. No logical reason for spreading the amount of fud he does unless he's being paid to do so.

kingfey

Banned
He won't listen. Dude has been peddling this false narrative around here for months now. If he's not a paid shill, he should be. No logical reason for spreading the amount of fud he does unless he's being paid to do so.
He is under impression, that ps+ being a subscription service, equals to gamepss.

Both are quite different service, which targets different audiences.

Top Bottom