• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has provided an update on Xbox Game Studios titles for Steam Deck. Most games are playable, but some arent due to anti-cheat

kingfey

Banned

Microsoft is providing an update on its support for Valve’s Steam Deck today. Most Xbox Game Studios titles will run on the Steam Deck, but Microsoft says Gears 5, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Halo Infinite, and Microsoft Flight Simulator X are unsupported. These titles don’t work on the Steam Deck due to anti-cheat systems, and it’s not clear if they’ll ever be supported in the future.

Microsoft has marked eight games as “Verified,” and six more as “Playable.” The difference between the two can be something as small as a warning appearing or even having to invoke a virtual touchscreen to enter text during a game. While some are only on the playable list right now, they could soon progress to verified status.

Microsoft’s list only covers Xbox Game Studios titles currently available on Steam, but you can now install Windows on the Steam Deck to access Xbox Game Pass games. Valve has just released Windows drivers, so the option is open for Steam Deck owners to switch over. Valve CEO Gabe Newell welcomed Microsoft to launch Xbox Game Pass on Steam last month, saying he’s “more than happy to work with them to get that on Steam.”

Here’s the full list of Xbox Game Studios titles on Steam Deck:

Verified:

• Deathloop
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
  • The Evil Within
  • Fallout Shelter
  • Prey
  • Battletoads
  • Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Playable:

• Sea of Thieves
  • Fallout 4
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Quantum Break
  • State of Decay: YOSE
Unsupported:

• Gears 5
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • Halo Infinite
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator X

kingfey

Banned
As I did with bungie, F you MS, for not fixing the anti-cheat issues. You had some time, before the steam deck got released.

I hate when companies do shit stuff like these.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Dual-boot from multi-partition NVMe or put a OS on the sd card and problem solved. I posted a video already in the official thread of Phawx playing Halo Inifinite and Destiny 2 on Steam Deck with Win10.

reksveks

We are going to be pedantic about what is worse between getting banned for launch destiny on steam deck vs not being able to launch Halo MCC/Infinite on steam deck, aren't we?

Dr Bass

We are going to be pedantic about what is worse between getting banned for launch destiny on steam deck vs not being able to launch Halo MCC/Infinite on steam deck, aren't we?
Only if someone is basically an idiot.

There isn’t a problem with either scenario, because third parties are not obligated to support a custom device made by Valve. So both situations are totally fine. Neither is “worse.”

Three

You don't get banned for launching destiny on steamdeck. You get banned if you try to bypass the anticheat to run it and it's the same for these MS games I'd imagine otherwise the anticheat is useless.

where have the "but cheating is fine" crowd gone when preventing cheating stops you from playing the games entirely?

Last edited:

reksveks

You don't get banned for launching destiny on steamdeck. You get banned if you try to bypass the anticheat to run it and it's the same for these MS games I'd imagine otherwise the anticheat is useless.

where are the "but cheating is fine" crowd gone when preventing cheating stops you from playing the game entirely?
Yeah, I am not 100% sure on the behaviour of Destiny on the Steamdeck. I have seen that infinite just fails to launch completely and does Destiny not do the same? Or does it launch a bit?

I personally think Bungie are in their right to have this policy. They don't need to support any platform that they don't want to.

I was largely trying to comment on how 'silly' this conversation is and was going to get.

Last edited:

mxbison

Easy Anti Cheat is such a pile of garbage, fits right in with the Windows Store.

Had issues plenty of time there.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Halo is a big miss. You wouldn’t play it competitively on Deck but it would be great for grinding challenges, playing event game modes, playing casually, playing custom games when they come etc. Really big miss.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Isn’t Fable Anniversary on Steam? Why’s that not listed. They need to get Rare Replay ported also.

Top Bottom