• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is not planning to increase prices of Xbox Series X/S

ZoukGalaxy

Let's start the "SONY is arrogant evil" thema BS is 3, 2, 1, GO !

Lets Go GIF by The Fast Saga

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I posted this in the other thread, but I'm going to reiterate it here, and note I'm not just talking about gaming companies, but all companies.

When I think about how much profit some of these companies have made off me (not just in gaming,) It's insulting to see them gouge and pass costs on, in the name of more short term record profits, instead of eating some of these margins during this (transitory :messenger_grinning_sweat: ) inflation.

I will go out of my way to support companies in the future that chose to not chase short term profits now at the expense of the consumer. The ones that did, and gouged the hardest will never see another dime from me, as long as I have an alternative.

Loxus

This should be in the OP.
While this isn’t a hard guarantee that we will never see a price hike for the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S consoles, it’s certainly an encouraging sign that Microsoft has no intentions to do so in the short term. It’s certainly a fact that markets across the world are reeling from disrupted supply chains and inflation as a result of the global pandemic. The U.K. is expected to hit an unprecedented 18% inflation milestone, for example, with currencies in the Eurozone also impacted due to disruptions in the energy sector due to Russia’s war of aggression in Ukraine.

Hugare

Repeating what I said on the other thread: Nintendo is selling old hardware for a premium price, and MS has infinite money cheat activated

So it's expected that both of them will keep their prices

Wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo increases Switch prices tho, 'cause that would be such a Nintendo move

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I really hope these price hikes start biting Sony in the ass. They need to be put in their fucking place. Never seen such greed from them, not even during their infamous PS2 to PS3 glory days did they come off this fucking tone deaf. Absolutely disgusting to see them fuck over their loyal fans like this.

I still plan on buying a PS5, just waiting on a Ragnarok bundle (and I already have a half decent gaming PC).

But it would be really interesting/funny if MS announced an immediate price cut.

Ozriel

M$FT
No surprise here. MS can afford to keep burning the money to try catch up Sony and Nintendo.

Or perhaps they’re happy with the long established console strategy of selling consoles at small loss or low margins to make the money back via software sales and subscriptions

Nintendo isn’t increasing prices either. Who would you say they’re burning cash to catch up to?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Good to see tbh. They couldve followed suit and made their games $70. They didnt. They couldve charged $10 upgrade fees for last gen ports. They didnt. And this is just another example of a pro consumer move by Phil.

Not a big fan of the company still but there is no doubt that they have exposed Sony's greedy practices by simply staying the course.

Top Bottom