• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft offering trade-in cash on Xbox One consoles (and other items)

intbal

Link

Got this in my email. Figured I'd share in case anyone has a Xbox One S collecting dust in a closet.
The Microsoft Store is offering cash (via paypal or bank transfer) for various devices. $80 for a working Xbox One S (500GB). $110 for a working Xbox One X (1TB). $130 for a working Series S (lol).
Better to sell the Series S or One X. But that's not a terrible price for a One S. That's about what they sell for on Ebay. And if it's just in storage and not being used, why not?

SIAP

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Was thinking about getting rid of the bedroom og Xbox one for a seriesS, but I use the bd player...

Was thinking $110 for a One X was a bit low, but after a quick look you can pick up a used One X for only £149 these days so that's not bad I guess. Saves the headache.

BillGatesDance.gif

Banjo64

cumsessed
$110 for working one X vs $150 for a 4k apple tv.
I'm gonna keep my One X in the bedroom as a media player, that also plays games.
I’d never use a console for streaming services - 50w of power less than 5w for an Apple TV. Plus the One X interface and loading times are sluggish/long as fuck.

Susurrus

Interesting that Sony devices (PS5, PS4, Vita 3G, PSVR) and Nintendo devices (Switch, 3DS XL/New 3DS XL) are on there, too. PS4 said $120.

I’d never use a console for streaming services - 50w of power less than 5w for an Apple TV. Plus the One X interface and loading times are sluggish/long as fuck.
What I'd rather do is buy a brand new larger TV for the bedroom with built in streaming apps.
I rarely actually play video games in bed. Other types of games in bed yes but not video games.

Banjo64

cumsessed
What I'd rather do is buy a brand new larger TV for the bedroom with built in streaming apps.
I rarely actually play video games in bed. Other types of games in bed yes but not video games.
My issue has been that either the TV OS is sluggish, or in Samsung’s case; snappy but loaded with ads.

Top Bottom