• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft really doesnt give a shit about pushing the medium forward. Their approach to winning the gen will reduce the quality of GAMES

Is Matt Damon right?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ldyoWiH.jpg

Don't worry. Once I've gathered all the energy of the PlayStation Nation to form my pony bomb it'll be powerful enough to nuke all you forum dwelling rats to oblivion.

But rejoice, none of you gaf rats will suffer since you'll be at the heart of my pony bomb. Can't say the same for the other forums.

Sleepwalker

there are other companies capable of making hardware and video games as well....
Plus it wouldn't even matter if Sony thought they could get away with raising their prices so much they just would. Microsoft or not, just look at Nvidia and AMD, everyone keeps rooting for AMD to keep Nvidia in check but they all just want to buy Nvidia cards. They still raise their prices cause AMD's output is minuscule in comparison and mindshare despite what the fanboys would like you to believe.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Plus it wouldn't even matter if Sony thought they could get away with raising their prices so much they just would. Microsoft or not, just look at Nvidia and AMD, everyone keeps rooting for AMD to keep Nvidia in check but they all just want to buy Nvidia cards. They still raise their prices cause AMD's output is minuscule in comparison and mindshare despite what the fanboys would like you to believe.

The problem is AMD isn’t delivering. The opportunity to steal marketshare is right there, and they release an okay card and a dud. No answer to DLSS 3, and they suck more wattage.

People want a better option, but it hasn’t happened yet.

Sleepwalker

The problem is AMD isn’t delivering. The opportunity to steal marketshare is right there, and they release an okay card and a dud. No answer to DLSS 3, and they suck more wattage.

People want a better option, but it hasn’t happened yet.

It's the same with Xbox and playstation. People keep hoping xbox delivers and they just don't.

I was looking at the 7900XTX but decided I'll just grab a 4090 down the line, fuck it.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
It's the same with Xbox and playstation. People keep hoping xbox delivers and they just don't.

I was looking at the 7900XTX but decided I'll just grab a 4090 down the line, fuck it.
same thing for a lot of things, AMD v nvidia, Epic v steam, Microsoft v Sony, etc etc etc

people root for competition but when the competition doesn't do anything useful, it's not much different from basically having a monopoly. It puts into question why they're there when other companies that are more capable and ready for the job (Capcom, Sega, Namco) could and would probably have very good success if it weren't for MS occupying the third spot.
It's the main reason i made that thread bashing non steam/gog launchers, they aren't competition, they're fluff. And Xbox isn't doing much to convince me they aren't fluff, either

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
same thing for a lot of things, AMD v nvidia, Epic v steam, Microsoft v Sony, etc etc etc

people root for competition but when the competition doesn't do anything useful, it's not much different from basically having a monopoly. It puts into question why they're there when other companies that are more capable and ready for the job (Capcom, Sega, Namco) could and would probably have very good success if it weren't for MS occupying the third spot.
It's the main reason i made that thread bashing non steam/gog launchers, they aren't competition, they're fluff. And Xbox isn't doing much to convince me they aren't fluff, either

Xbox plays VS, thus, not fluff.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

The games are taking a while, but it’s inevitable. I guess being on PC it’s not a big deal to me - but if I were on Xbox I’d probably be pretty damn annoyed.

I think part of the problem is that teams are tied to franchises that are treated with a GaaS model to entice GP useage. Like Rare is anchored to Sea of Thieves, which is maybe nice for GP, but you can’t help but wonder what we could’ve received from them is they weren’t stuck making content for one game.

That's a common viewpoint but not one that I agree with. In simple terms: xbox has sent the package but the package is still in transit. People are pretending there is no package (when there clearly is) to say xbox isn't delivering. Everyone knows games take longer to develop than they used to, and that 2023 is when games are expected to start releasing more regularly on xbox, so why do people think all of these games that MS has in development should have released yesterday? I sympathize with anyone who is frustrated having to wait; however, I don't relate to people who pretend there isn't light at the end of the tunnel.

Sleepwalker

That's a common viewpoint but not one that I agree with. In simple terms: xbox has sent the package but the package is still in transit. People are pretending there is no package (when there clearly is) to say xbox isn't delivering. Everyone knows games take longer to develop than they used to, and that 2023 is when games are expected to start releasing more regularly on xbox, so why do people think all of these games that MS has in development should have released yesterday? I sympathize with anyone who is frustrated having to wait; however, I don't relate to people who pretend there isn't light at the end of the tunnel.
I don't know man, I got my Series X at launch and the only first party game I've liked enough to finish was Gears 5, which is an xbox one game. By the time they start releasing games the console will be almost 3 years old, there's enough reason for people to be annoyed.

Only reason I haven't sold mine is I've made money out of it (far more than it cost me at msrp) and need it for that reason. Otherwise I would've sold it a while back. I guess I'll check out Starfield next year and hopefully it'll be good.

Last edited:

gothmog

Gold Member
How do you deliver something that isn't ready to be sent? Your analogy makes no sense, and if it did we're clearly in the you sent me a package but it got lost in the mail and need to file a claim portion. It is not unfair to say that Microsoft has and continues to have piss poor first party output. It is unfair to say that Xbox has no games as GamePass has been filling that gap with third party content.

I have recommended that people grab a Series S and check out GamePass because it's great. If you love existing Xbox games, older EA games, and new indies/AA games you'll love it. If you're expecting Sony first party or even things like the next Skyrim we're not there yet. Check back next year.

SHA

They came from an insecure position, they wanna feel secure from every possible way, remember when the xbox business division might happened from Microsoft without Phil, I still support their way in this industry filled with copycats jrpgs, the number just keep going up and western games keeps going down in hell with the pc industry, you can't just alienate what they achieved throughout the years, and yes the s FYI will probably go away if things stay the way they are , it's inevitable.

Last edited:
How do you deliver something that isn't ready to be sent? Your analogy makes no sense, and if it did we're clearly in the you sent me a package but it got lost in the mail and need to file a claim portion. It is not unfair to say that Microsoft has and continues to have piss poor first party output. It is unfair to say that Xbox has no games as GamePass has been filling that gap with third party content.

I have recommended that people grab a Series S and check out GamePass because it's great. If you love existing Xbox games, older EA games, and new indies/AA games you'll love it. If you're expecting Sony first party or even things like the next Skyrim we're not there yet. Check back next year.
Everyone on gaf knows there is a substantial number of big titles being worked on and many are expected to release in 2023. That is a fact. The games are in transit (meaning they're being worked on as we speak). When they release they will have been delivered. This is unlike much of the xbox one generation where people didn't know if anything was being developed. But I suspect that when you say delivered you are referring to games meeting expectations in addition to simply releasing. What typically rubs me the wrong way is when people, who know the expected release schedule for upcoming games, use the present time here and now to write off all the upcoming games while knowing that games take time to develop.

This exchange is all I see whenever someone on gaf starts talking about the current xbox having no games and not delivering:
2015-2020 xbox fans: we want games!
2021 microsoft: okay we heard you. We've made a bunch of acquisitions in addition to the content that we have already been working on, and here's the expected schedule for when the games are releasing.
2022 xbox fans: omg why didn't these games release yesterday!

gothmog

Gold Member
Everyone on gaf knows there is a substantial number of big titles being worked on and many are expected to release in 2023. That is a fact. The games are in transit (meaning they're being worked on as we speak). When they release they will have been delivered. This is unlike much of the xbox one generation where people didn't know if anything was being developed. But I suspect that when you say delivered you are referring to games meeting expectations in addition to simply releasing. What typically rubs me the wrong way is when people, who know the expected release schedule for upcoming games, use the present time here and now to write off all the upcoming games while knowing that games take time to develop.

This exchange is all I see whenever someone on gaf starts talking about the current xbox having no games and not delivering:
You're missing the whole timeline where Xbox has said every year that the next year is looking better followed by a lament at some point that they did not deliver. This problem should have been solved in 2021, and if it wasn't you move one of your 2021 titles out to 2022 to fill the gap. You don't hang your whole year of success on Todd fucking Howard's game when you know he's not a good judge of "when it's done". This is why people doubt the leadership at Microsoft. You don't get to take a year off because of bad management. A year off is because of something completely out of left field like Covid.

Most people here are wishing that Microsoft would actually deliver. Some of us doubt they will because their leadership, while I am sure they are really nice people, are not good at what they need to be good at if they want to make this work.

Last edited:
You're missing the whole timeline where Xbox has said every year that the next year is looking better followed by a lament at some point that they did not deliver. This problem should have been solved in 2021, and if it wasn't you move one of your 2021 titles out to 2022 to fill the gap. You don't hang your whole year of success on Todd fucking Howard's game when you know he's not a good judge of "when it's done". This is why people doubt the leadership at Microsoft. You don't get to take a year off because of bad management. A year off is because of something completely out of left field like Covid.

Most people here are wishing that Microsoft would actually deliver. Some of us doubt they will because their leadership, while I am sure they are really nice people, are not good at what they need to be good at if they want to make this work.
You're talking about the timeline where xbox says that the next year is looking better without having the games to back up that claim. That is no longer the case. The games are known. The games are coming. It's no longer a matter of if but of when. Many on gaf, not everyone, seem to think these upcoming games are a myth and will be in permanent development. And I guess the rationale is that the xbox one struggled so much in that area. But one can't point to the xbox one without also looking at the OG xbox and xbox 360. Those had plenty of games and were both highly successful. Xbox has only had one bad generation. The evidence is not there to support that this gen is going to end up like last gen.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Let me tell you a ”secret”, nominations don’t mean shit if you don’t ”win” in the end. That’s what i was trying to point out to you. Fighting over nominations is rather silly don’t you think?
Enjoy the few Xbox games you have and be happy 😆
Nominations and winning don’t mean anything if you enjoy a game.

Do you think my enjoyment of The Witcher 3 is depleted because it didn’t win as many awards as a dreadful game like TLoU 2?

Touch grass.

Last edited:
Nominations and winning don’t mean anything if you enjoy a game.

Do you think my enjoyment of The Witcher 3 is depleted because it didn’t win as many awards as a dreadful game like TLoU 2?

Touch grass.
People put too much importance on awards and metacritic these days. I get it. They're trying to bolster their opinions but it is annoying. My good friend is in this mindset. "That only has a 76 metacritic? It must suck".

Crayon

Oh let me tell you... Literally getting things delivered is a big part of my job and just because you slapped a FedEx label on it doesn't mean it will get there.

Not that Xbox won't come through. It's just a bad analogy!

Roni

Gold Member
Fuck imagine, if people had heard of Spider Man previously he could have been a hidden Character in Tony Hawk, or had a huflgely successful ps1/N64 run even an Ultimate Spider Man game could have been made.

That would have been so cool.
needs a remake

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
This thread is probably the worst I've seen in this year. Not only the OP, but everything else.

GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom