• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Rewards |OT| Get Game Pass for free

Topher

Gold Member
Well that’s my point, all this hamster wheeling amounts to nothing lol. You spend 3 minutes a day on this over 3 months, you’ve already spent what someone does in a Saturday morning with less time investment and it’s something you do once. A year of gamepass while bullshitting a Saturday morning vs Trying to game a system from a company’s failed search engine that’s so desperate to get people to use it that they’ve resorted to “reward’s”

Nothings free if it requires your time.

Then this thread is obviously not for you.

I only do the stuff that I don’t have to go out of my way to do and still get plenty of points. I never install gamepass games etc just to get points. I think I have £45 worth atm from literally doing things I would do anyway. The past few games I’ve bought have all been with gift cards from MS points.

You could get a lot more if you got every available point but the cost benefit isn’t worth it.

Pantz

Gold Member
Rewards are great. Even on a working schedule I can do the Bing stuff while waking up/drinking coffee. At some point I did some estimations just based on doing the most time efficient tasks and it seemed like a pretty solid hourly wage in total. Some of the Xbox Rewards App and Game Pass Quests are good too but some take too much time and your efficiency will drop, so it all depends on if you find it fun doing those to make it worth your while.

I prefer to get my GPU codes when they go on sale with real money and put my rewards points towards Xbox gift cards. Best price you can get is on the Xbox Rewards App, go over to Auto Redeem and you can get a $10 gift card per month for 8,750 points. Then the next best price is a full $100 gift card redemption for 91,000 points. That's what I save up for and use it for games not coming to Game Pass.

fatmarco

It really sucks that the rewards are so limited outside the US. At best I'm looking at around 6 months of game pass ultimate from over a year of getting as many points in the New Zealand version of Microsoft rewards.

Rossco EZ

skWFwSw.png

decent little earner, only been part of it for just over a year.

Havoc2049

I only do the stuff that I don’t have to go out of my way to do and still get plenty of points. I never install gamepass games etc just to get points. I think I have £45 worth atm from literally doing things I would do anyway. The past few games I’ve bought have all been with gift cards from MS points.

You could get a lot more if you got every available point but the cost benefit isn’t worth it.
This is pretty much how I use it. I also have a Surface Duo phone and my PC. Just doing normal everyday stuff and gaming how I want to game on PC and Xbox gets me enough points to get one or two free months of Gamepass a year. Every time I buy something from the Microsoft store, I usually get a $5 or $10 gift card from the points I've earned and put it towards my purchase. Easy money.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Anyone else’s rewards fucked up and not unlocking?

Basically play game pass will not unlock
Play Haven or die 10 times in Limbo neither.

Spetember 2000 bonus not unlocking as because of above cannot complete the weekly set part.

Based in UK.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Anyone else’s rewards fucked up and not unlocking?

Basically play game pass will not unlock
Play Haven or die 10 times in Limbo neither.

Spetember 2000 bonus not unlocking as because of above cannot complete the weekly set part.

Based in UK.
Did the weekly set one a few days ago and it kept coming up with an error message whenever I’d try to click to redeem the challenge. Worked yesterday though for some reason.

Before people start saying OMG Gamepass is free and it's going to die because it's free!! Microsoft makes money on every ad displayed in your search results. Let that sink in.

Last edited:

Pantz

Gold Member

Taiko (new Game Pass game) looks like it will be a nice game for getting daily achievement unlock rewards. (For when you're not playing on Xbox, or didn't manage to unlock one that day).

Looks like lots of achievements that would only take a couple of minutes to unlock.

Topher

Gold Member

Taiko (new Game Pass game) looks like it will be a nice game for getting daily achievement unlock rewards. (For when you're not playing on Xbox, or didn't manage to unlock one that day).

Looks like lots of achievements that would only take a couple of minutes to unlock.

I'm always looking for a game with quick and easy achievement for the daily rewards. Thanks.

reksveks

Is there any way to track how many points you had at a certain point? Trying to figure out how many points I have gained in the last month. Feels like 8-9k.

Nitty_Grimes

Cool might save this for the next time unlock 3 achievements quest comes round in the weekly set. I’m on a 49 week streak.

Topher

Gold Member
That was a dead easy 2000 bonus this month😂

Sitting on over 113,000 now.

Yeah, it really was. I'm at 30k points and only need 5k more to add another 3 months to Game Pass Ultimate. I'll be good until September at that point. I expect I'll have played a couple dozen games on GP at that point and paid....

Bored Nothing GIF

Nitty_Grimes

Just got my 2500 point bonus for 50 weeks

God I hope I don’t go on holiday for 2 weeks this year and have it reset 😂😂

Nitty_Grimes

Only get 3 points for playing a game pass game now as opposed to 5. Seriously MS. What were the 2 extra points costing you?

Nitty_Grimes

Also 5 points for logging into the game pass app seems to have been removed?

MS removing potential of 7 points a day? Seriously what’s the reasoning?!

bender

What time is it?
Also 5 points for logging into the game pass app seems to have been removed?

MS removing potential of 7 points a day? Seriously what’s the reasoning?!

Game Pass rewards got nerfed all together. They also removed "install 10 games from the mobile app" and reduced the amount of dailies/weeklies. It's a bummer but considering most points comes from Bing and the Rewards App, I'm not terrible bothered.

Nitty_Grimes

Game Pass rewards got nerfed all together. They also removed "install 10 games from the mobile app" and reduced the amount of dailies/weeklies. It's a bummer but considering most points comes from Bing and the Rewards App, I'm not terrible bothered.
Cheers. Must admit didn't see that it was changing but there you go.

reinking

Gold Member
Great info.

I used to use this for Gold because it was low effort. GPU requires a bit more dedication and not something I am willing to do. I still do the minimum effort for points and use them for other gift cards throughout the year. I also use Sony CC to pay for PS+. I use it for my purchases/bills and pay it off every payday. I can typically pay for PS+ each year and buy one or two games with those points. Again, minimum effort on my end.

RPS37

I need help.
I’m on a 18 week streak and I need two easy achievements.
what game pass game can I get where they’ll pop quick?

RPS37

I need help.
I’m on a 18 week streak and I need two easy achievements.
what game pass game can I get where they’ll pop quick?
I found the Ultimate Get A Few Cheevos Quick Game.
Golf With Your Friends
Popped like 5 achievements in like one 20 minute 18 hole round of golf with my buddy last night. Highly recommended

Pantz

Gold Member
Could Achievements be coming to Original Xbox games?

Microsoft Rewards top 10: Animal Antics
+500 points
Tasks you with earning an achievement in any of the 10 games listed. One of those 10 games is Blinx The Time Sweeper, an original Xbox game. It doesn't have any achievements to earn...yet!

Probably just a goof.

Nitty_Grimes

I found the Ultimate Get A Few Cheevos Quick Game.
Golf With Your Friends
Popped like 5 achievements in like one 20 minute 18 hole round of golf with my buddy last night. Highly recommended
Next time don’t look past the drum game mentioned, I think you unlock 3 just for reading how to play, playing your first game and watching the credits (which takes about 2 minutes)

Unless of course you’ve already played it.

Also, A Memoir Blue can be 1000’d in about 50 mins if desperate.

Nitty_Grimes

Anybody elses rewards being janky as fuck? Using Edge on the pc, do all the dailies, nothing updates / no green ticks to say I've completed.

Using the rewards app on the console, 50G for unlocking an achievement failing to register either.

Two days now. MS bollocks of 'clear your cache' yeah right - the usual turn it off and on again reply.

So yeah, anyone else having issues?

Last edited:
Top Bottom