• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft says there will not be a native version of Forza Motorsport releasing on Xbox One, it will be a cloud version.

SpokkX

Your examples are from last year. Compare those to all the AAA crossgen games MS released last year too?
MS released NO AAA last year haha

Admittedly that is even worse :)

I am worried Sony will still make ps4 games in 2023 - because of the massive install base of ps4

This was known a long time ago?
This has been known since the game was announced. I’ve no idea why people thought otherwise. While there was some unfounded rumor there would be an Xbox one version, the official statement that the game was being built targeting Xbox series consoles precluded any native version on Xbox one hardware.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Receipts, please. Because this sounds exactly what they're doing.
I would agree that it sounded like they were selling a standalone cloud version if they stated they would be doing so. They have not stated that, so in what way does it sound like this is going to be happening?

Sounds more like you're you're making an assumption based on the lack of gamepass being specifically mentioned. Well it's implied based on the simple fact that they have already done this exact thing with Flight Simulator. They even described the ability with similiar wording to the current set up with Forza.

Ozriel

M$FT
Interesting.

I'm curious to see comparisons when it's out. Cloud still seems to be at that "almost there" stage

You can already do those comparisons right now for already released games.

I would agree that it sounded like they were selling a standalone cloud version if they stated they would be doing so. They have not stated that, so in what way does it sound like this is going to be happening?

Sounds more like you're you're making an assumption based on the lack of gamepass being specifically mentioned. Well it's implied based on the simple fact that they have already done this exact thing with Flight Simulator. They even described the ability with similiar wording to the current set up with Forza.

Gamepass is specifically mentioned in the article and in the OP.

Article headline is shoddy and misleading, and not for the first time Eddie-Griffin Eddie-Griffin copied it verbatim.

Xcloud is Series X hardware
Would have assumed MS to have Series S and X hardware depending on some tiers or whatever of your gamepass level. Just googled; and it's 1080 for now? So why not use Series S? It's the hw version they barely can sell anyway, while probably still could have needed all Xs. For streaming wasting the Series X's actual potential feels weird for the moment.

acm2000

Would have assumed MS to have Series S and X hardware depending on some tiers or whatever of your gamepass level. Just googled; and it's 1080 for now? So why not use Series S? It's the hw version they barely can sell anyway, while probably still could have needed all Xs. For streaming wasting the Series X's actual potential feels weird for the moment.
the xcloud server blades are series x based, but can run in series x or s profiles

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
nope. i made a comment about the irony of this technology (which is suppose to lower the barrier of entry to gaming)

i.e. people that cant affor a Next-Gen console.

usually are relegated to places in which there si not enough infrastructure. (optical fiber, Data centers).
I commented the same in this or another thread, I don't remember, but yeah it's dumb... Then you'll have ISPs with limited gaming plans for cloud games to their phones and call it a great something which will make people consider it even less.

Cloud gaming is only suitable for places where it's not actually needed if device affordability is the reason, but that can be used as complementary service, it's never replacing local gaming unless universal very high quality and almost lag free internet connection is set around the world and that ain't happening, most oppressive regimes depends on keeping their population with limited basic resources in order to control masses, that alone restricts it's potential reach by a lot because even in those countries people can do an effort and get a console of they're too interested in playing something.

Top Bottom