• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to "continue to invest in new gaming studios and content to expand our IP roadmap" in 8K filing.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So let me get this clear.

Microsoft announced at E3 2021 that Starfield was launching November 11th 2022. Then you went out and bought a 12 month subscription in September that would expire in September 2022 and you expected to play Starfield with a November 2022 release date?

You apparently bought a 12 month sub in September 2021 and are upset at getting Halo and Forza Horizon 5 that were heavily advertised as Holiday 2021 games at E3?

Only ONE promised AAA game has been delayed outside your alleged sub window and that's Redfall, which you've never mentioned.

We've had folks lie for console warz before, but yours are so easily dispelled that it's almost insulting. At least put some effort into this. Yuck

They bought game pass just for Halo, 2 months before Halo came out. Not near its release to maximize sub time.

Seems legit :messenger_grinning_sweat:

ok more at my post history, you will see that i blame the $1 tiers and people taking advantage of it fucking up Gamepass. But then when i think about it, Micosoft is a 2 trillion $ company so i blame them more.

You bought* a 12 month sub at a 4th of the actual price and you paid an ebay reseller, not even any official channel. At least you've dropped the "I paid full price" part of the tall tale.

Eddie Murphy Yes GIF

* doubt.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

I did not buy the 12 month subscription for Starfield. It was for Halo - Infinite and all the other games they hyped with their 30+ studios and Starfield included. I don't care for Forza because GT7 was coming to Playstation ( Greatest racing franchise in the history of gaming). Why care about Forza when GT7 was releasing the same year? Why care bout regular steak when you're getting Wagyu? The only game i wouldnt be able to get are Xbox exclusives like Halo ( Greatest FPS franchise imo), + the stuff the 30+ studios would be releasing and Starfield was just the cherry on top and why i would be "extending" my subscription.

But instead what Gamepass gave me was the worst Halo ever chopped up into pieces and still not complete after nearly a year since it was released on Gamepass. And no other games from the 30+ studios except Forza. Then to make things worst, they're releasing booklike games like Pentament and recently gave me as dusk falls (Another booklike game..anyone see a trend?).

Where are the exclusives? Bait and switched. Xbox got me good but that's not going to happen again.
Moral of the story: don’t buy a twelve month subscription to a service if there’s only one game you’re interested in and it’s coming out five months later.

Also don’t buy a twelve month subscription because you expect unannounced games to just pop out of nowhere and be released within that period.

I know but why not use that extra computational power for something that is actually seen when you sit a couple meters from a TV in the living room?

The reality is that gaming is still not matching how movies look on DVD. Devs should start building the image from the ground up with filters and post-processing and all kinds of image wizardry to reach that point, then when they’re actually matching a low res real movie they could start thinking about increasing the output resolution.
I think it's just their artistic vision. During the last decade we achieved what Digital Foundry calls the post resolution era where resolution gains weren't as important as in the past due to reconstructive techniques like TAAU. Some believed we would stop pushing beyond 1080p native and just use these techniques to provide and good looking 4k output with the rest of the resources diverted to other visual features but the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X both pushed for higher resolutions when they could. Then current gen launched and we saw the PS5 and SX pushing higher when they can as well, this shows that the limit hasn't been reached and when possible devs will reach for the better clarity and sharper detailed provided by higher resolutions.

Also people that game on either a monitor, a close by TV or a large TV will notice for example that a 1080p internal image is as not as sharp as a native 4k image on their display. I'm curious to see how 8k will play out, I imagine future consoles will start by running games internally at 4k and then upscaling to 8k.

Ansphn

Moral of the story: don’t buy a twelve month subscription to a service if there’s only one game you’re interested in and it’s coming out five months later.

Also don’t buy a twelve month subscription because you expect unannounced games to just pop out of nowhere and be released within that period.
Oh for sure. Thats why i'm not touching the new PS+ with a ten foot pole thinking those PS exclusives will release there. I don't trust subscriptions for games anymore. Period. Microsoft are masters with the bait and switch though. They got me good.

Ansphn

Forza Horizon 5 released Q4 2021
GT7 end Q1 2022

‘Same year’ indeed 😂

Not to mention FH5 and GT7 aren’t the same type of racer.
That's how you know i didn't give a fuck about Forza when i didn't even know when it released. Why when the legendary GT was on the horizon?

Ansphn

They bought game pass just for Halo, 2 months before Halo came out. Not near its release to maximize sub time.

Seems legit :messenger_grinning_sweat:

You bought* a 12 month sub at a 4th of the actual price and you paid an ebay reseller, not even any official channel. At least you've dropped the "I paid full price" part of the tall tale.

Eddie Murphy Yes GIF

* doubt.
Yes i did. I would probably be more pissed if i paid full price but at least i didnt take advantage of the $1 deal that is destroying Gamepass. I paid and support Gamepass way more than the average Xbox gamer.

Top Bottom